La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Hayward
Colorado
“OK”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This La Quinta is not as upscale as many. It is a little dated and the rooms are starting to feel slightly shabby. The breakfast is OK, but not great. This is a good place to sleep, but not really someplace that you would enjoy being.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Melissa E, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I'm sorry your stay wasn't all you were expecting. I am excited to say that we will be starting a full renovation in November. We are very excited, and hope you come back for a visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Valley Center, California
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We got into town early, check in not til 3 but the front desk found they had a few clean rooms and let us check in at noon. The neighborhood we drove thru to get to hotel was a bit sketchy, but got nicer once we got to the area of our hotel. There's a target, Starbucks, and supermarket all on the same block as hotel. Room was clean, towels are nice. Beds are on soft side (just right for me). On the 3rd floor, fairly quiet. Breakfast is the usual; cereals, bagels, Danish, make your own waffles, yogurt, eggs & sausage links. Coffee good enough that we didn't feel the need to hit Starbucks. We found the staff very friendly and happy to accommodate. The Bart to sanFrancisco is down the road 2 mi or so, free parking, cost $4.60 pp one way. All in all, a great stay in Hayward, would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Don't know about what's below us...we liked the 3rd floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive feedback, we appricate it, and hope to see you again!
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Other than this place bring very sketchy, breakfast being yuck... I believe I was a victim of identity theft here!! How I know is because I had a NEW credit card and first used it here for the security deposit, and a whole list of other charges like for a cell phone carrier followed!!! So angry! Luckily my cc company took care of it!! Never again stay away!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Mczep
We appreciate your feed back, and feel horrible that you were a victim of identity theft. After researching your claims, I can assure you that your credit card information was safe and protected while at La Quinta. When you check in, your credit card is swiped, and the information is stored and processed in our system, and the card is handed back to you. Never does the card leave your sight. Once the card in swiped, the employees only have access to the last four numbers of your card. After reviewing the surveillance footage, I can say that that protocol was followed correctly. We take pride in protecting and servicing our guests with the utmost professionalism.

Travelers are raving about these Hayward hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My family enjoyed staying here. We have young children and we were able to sleep and relax in our room. The bed were prefect and there was enough room to put our things and move around comfortably. The breakfast was perfect too!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for your positive feedback, we appreciate it, and hope to see you and your family again soon!
Houston
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The hotel was fair as far as LaQuinta's are. Nothing special and in an OK area. It is possible to walk to the grocery store or Target. The main problem I had with this property is the staff. They were rude from the time I checked in. It had to do with having a credit card for a deposit even though I have a direct bill account with a credit card on file. Very sarcastic and just down right rude. This is including the assistant manager who was Max Oceguera. I asked for the hotel manager to give me a call the following day and when she did call, all she did was tell me that her staff is great. Without even checking to see what how valid my issues were. She totally discounted my concerns. I'm an Elite member and I stay at LaQuinta's on a weekly basis for business. And when you're tired and you finally make it to your hotel, you don't expect to be treated poorly. If it had not been late in the day and the other area hotels were full or filling up quickly, I had to suck it up and stay. But this is one place I will never stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dcbornrob
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Although the room was nice and appeared clean, I'd find another hotel. The floor we stayed on was a non-smoking floor but apparently that only pertained to cigarettes. The smell of marijuana was so strong when we walked through the hallway it was overpowering. I believe there was more serious problems going on there as well. I don't sleep well at night so am up and down all evening. I woke at 2 a.m. and stood out on the balcony a couple s couple of times. What first alerted me that there might be problems was the fact that they had a security car driving around the lot (which was a good thing) and the guard getting out shining his light in some cars. He was probably checking for the parking card that you were asked to put on the dashboard. Funny thing is when the guard was not out making his rounds I saw on three separate instances cars pull up and get out of their car, they would make a whistle of some sort and a man on the 3rd floor would go out on the balcony and throw his keycard down and those people would let themselves in. Each time it was different people. I did not notify the front desk as I was afraid of any retribution from the people that were staying on the 3rd floor. I was very glad to get out of there the next morning. It's very deceiving as the neighborhood the hotel is located looked very good and that's why we decided to stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward
The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!