“Staff was very nice”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Oakland - Hayward
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Hayward
Reviewed April 14, 2013

When we arrived there was a little remodeling being done to the lobby. There was a modified front desk in front of the managers office. The manager was very, very nice. She joked with me and my husband and made us feel very comfortable. Our room was nice, breakfast in the morning was acceptable, the eggs were a little dry but the waffles were good. The fruit infused water and lemonade was a treat everyday and was so refreshing! This was a business/personal trip (I tagged along on my husbands business trip). Usually we stick to Hilton properties but his work chose this hotel so I was a little apprehensive at first, but I really have no complaints and commend the staff for their professionalism.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Just wanted to say i've bounced around from various hotels in my time. But i got to tell you i have never experienced the kind of exceptional service from La Quinta Inn in Hayward. I was taken care of by a lady named Martika. She treated me like a member of her own family. I had no idea where to eat, or where the entertainment parts of the city was. She wrote up a manifesto for me and in great detail showed me the nice restaurants and there locations. I was extremely thirsty and tired from my trip and she even offered me a complimentary water bottle. She went above and beyond to keep me happy. The buffeet in the morning was off the hook delicious. I will definetly be back when i'm in town. Just wanted to say thank you for having such and exceptional employee which is very rare these days from what i have experienced.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa E, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oakland - Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! It's always so nice to hear stories about great customer service. We pride ourselves on making every guest feel special. I will make sure to pass your praises on to Martika. Hope to see you in your next visit to Hayward!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank millwrightjoefl

A TripAdvisor Member
Reno, Nevada, USA
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Tiffani at the Front Desk, was more then Helpful, Sweet, and Honest. I called many times before my trip and talked to Tiffani about what would work best for my family. She helped me decide to stay at your hotel, and what room type would fit our family best. We have a 7 month old daughter, our king one bedroom was a perfect roomer fit. Also our housekeeper was sweet and accommodating to our needs with the baby. Thank You Tiffani and the House Keeper wish I knew your name. Although the bathroom light went out, and there were some rude guest but that's not your fault.
Thank You and I will be Back to Visit my friends at the Hayward Ca location

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for the great survey! We so often hear the "bad" things, it's nice to hear the positive ones. We pride ourselves on great customer service, so I'm glad to hear you experienced that with Tiffani. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to her. Hope we see you again on your next trip to Hayward!

A La Quinta traveler
Mesa, Arizona, USA
Reviewed February 17, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I'll break it down for you:

PROS:

1. Excellent front desk staff. Leila was very professional and courteous. Also, after I was in the room, someone called to check and see if everything was acceptable.
2. Comfortable firm bed. Pillows nice as well.
3. Affordable. I booked on hotwire and total with taxes was $113.
4. Free wireless and it was had a nice speed.
5. Great cable and flat screen tv.
6. Room had a fridge and microwave - I did not use, but they seemed nice to have.
7. Plenty of storage.
8. Close to highways.
9. Not a lot of outside noise. (my room was near the back)

CONS:
1. Kind of run down.
2. My handicapable room #124 (which I did not request) was spacious, but dated. The huge shower has mold issues and the fan in the bathroom sounds like a generator.
3. Not the greatest area, but plenty of restaurants nearby. I found a killer Chinese place down the road.
4. I did not set the clock/radio alarm, but it went off at midnight. Not fun.
5. Smells a bit musty and a faint cigarrette smell - though it was a non-smoking room.

Would I go back? Probably not. But for the night, it was fine and with a some work can be a comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank kcollett67
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We were trying to find a place to stay close to the San Francisco Airport, but the hotels were full. This La Quinta was closest we could fine that wasn't full. Our stay was great. Room was clean, beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was yummy. It is also close to the San Francisco Airport, only 15 minutes on the other side of the bay. Overall our stay was great.

• Stayed: May 2012