“Stayed prior Extended say this time Well...”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Hayward
Vancouver, Washington
“Stayed prior Extended say this time Well...”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I am a pilot and usually get a great rate at LQ.. which I got when I arrived.. I called in in the morning that I will be staying 2 more days and well that after noon I signed the card they Highlighted the discount rate I did not notice then jack the rate 35.00 per night they did not highlight I got my bill in the morning. I went to the desk and said I thought i had the jet center rate they said no and rates change on availability (empty parking lot) on a Tuesday top this all off they were installing all new flat screen tv's and skipped our room when asked they said they dont install until we check out. So had to suffer with a worn out 25" TV 33 basic channels then they jack the rate. I said sorry not going to pay this rate and will be checking out went some place else.. Pilots flying in to Hayward stay away and verify the rate you get if your on an extended stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We were very pleased with the property, room, staff and breakfast. We changed our reservation from another La Quinta property in South San Francisco to this one in Hayward. The fact that this chain is REALLY pet friendly that they do not rip you off by charging extra is just great. We had a junior suite where my wife, I, two kids and two dogs had plenty of room. we had a microwave and a fridge which really helped out as well. The pool was not working during our stay, so can not comment on that. But overall, we have no complaints at all. The front desk staff was very helpful as well. The only issue I had was that the internet in their business center is not free. It is only free for the first fifteen minutes. I called the property before we left our home in San Diego and they told me that they had a business center which was open 24 hours. That was great because I needed to work on one of my law school assignments; that is why I did not take my laptop with me. If I had known that the internet in the business center was not free more than 15 minutes, I would have taken my laptop with me and worked on my assignment in my room since they do have free Wi FI. Nonetheless, I guess I should have asked more detailed questions. Overall, I recommend this property to everyone and will definitely stay here again in the future, especially when I return to the Bay area to visit San Francisco again.

Room Tip: Internet in their business center is free only for the first 15 minutes.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Neil B
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Ok place to stay. Wall are thin and you can hear your neighbors as described in other reviews. For the ladies: bring your own toiletries. Hotel does but provide conditioner. Other than that, its a decent place. Microwave and fridge in room. Close to resturants and casual shopping (target, fresh and easy, starbucks). Hotel breakfast is very minimal but one should expect that with the price of the room.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank runnerNV
San Fransisco, CA
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Stayed at the hotel. Came in early at 11am, desk said they don't have early check in and had to wait till 3pm, that the carpet were being shampooed. A hour later called and the desk said I could check in anytime that the rooms were ready which I did. Carpets were dirty in the room. Next day a friend called the hotel to get ahold of me and no one answered the phone, just kept ringing about 2:30 in the afternoon. Got ahold of me on my cell, then I tried the front desk and got the same results. Later found out there was a murder at this motel on one of the rooms Sept 20th 2011. Rooms are ok, service needs lots of work.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank karl3554
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed June 10, 2011

This is not a "stay for the fun" hotel. The service is so-so, the breakfast buffet is so-so. If you need a place to lay your head for the night for a bargin price in Hayward, you found it. Don't expect too much and you will be happy. I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Danny_OI812
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I've been here for a week. I have taken three cold showers and have had to return to the front desk seven times to have my key card reactivated (and I'm not the only one so it isn't an issue of my cell phone rubbing it). They have one boiler and do laundry all night to deal with it. When the washer and dryers are working, the entire room is shaking. The 'free high-speed wireless' is shaky and often doesn't work. And the 'fitness room' is a hole.

There are great things about this hotel- the room is clean, the service staff is EXCELLENT, and the location is pretty great. However, it seems that whoever is managing/owns this company has no clue how to run it. I feel bad for the people who have to work here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank coeurdelakaur
Akron, OH
Reviewed November 14, 2010

This is my second stay at this hotel. The room (#227) was clean but did have an odor everytime I enetered the room but did not notice after a few minutes. The bathroom was okay, the shower was nice since it had some good water pressure. The room was facing the local executive airport so during the day you could hear the constant sound of planes but none at night. The breakfast bar was a little better than average as it had hot and cold choices. (Biscuits and gravy two mornings and scrambled eggs and sausage the other, with potatoes every day). They include a free USA today in the lobby area. Speaking of which the lobby is nice and large. They have a pool but it is outdoors. Of the hotels that we have stayed at over the years in Hayward this one is one of the better ones for the money spent.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Monty_RTA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward
Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!