“no wifi, no sleep”

Days Inn & Suites Hayward
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Hayward
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I booked into this "Hotel" in September of 2012 for a holiday in June of 2013, I was assured the wifi but for the entire duration of my stay, three days, has not been able to connect either from the room nor from reception.
The second night we could not sleep until three in the morning to a group of boys who were a party in some hotel rooms.
I complained to the front desk but I did not answer; returned home I wrote to the hotel manager and the Wyndham Costumer Service: the first one is excused after three mail, the second one did not respond.
If I pay to sleep and to have a wifi connection and none of these things is given to me, better to change hotels and hotels in the same Group of Company.

Room Tip: ask if there are boys who are a party to the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Genna P, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Currently working on upgrading services.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

First it was suppose to be a non smoking room it wasn't, the odor was horrible and the desk clerk was rude and kept insisting it was a non smoking room but the couch had cigarette burns on it; even the tub had cigarette stains on it. He wouldn't give me a refund said the hotel was full therefore I couldn't get another room, the only assistance he offered was a bottle of air freshener they use to get the smoke out of a room. Because the surrounding areas were booked and because of my asthma I couldn't sleep in that room and we ended up sleeping in our van.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank roni b

Our apologies for your not stay not being pleasurable

Reviewed July 4, 2013

MY ROOM HAD BED BUGS! Better bring your own towels because theirs are TERRIBLE, the whole room was gross I didn't even sit on the toilet seat not wanting to trust whether they bothered to clean or not. Had to buy flip flops to shower and there was chips behind my bed. There was a coffee stain on the night table when I got my room and remained there for the rest of my stay. When the cleaning lady was changing the towels she placed the CLEAN ones on top of the dusty air conditioner outside the room then proceeded to put them inside our bathroom. Don't bother coming here you're better off sleeping in your car.

• Stayed: August 2012

Our apology, Hotel has Pest Control Company on regular service to avoid any future pest problem.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

What a total jerk. I called due to a charge on my clients card. He was obnoxious, unprofessional and extremely rude on the phone. He even hung up on me when I asked him if he was a "ms or Mr" He had a very low voice, yet said his/her name was Gina? Was hard to tell. Yelled that I was discriminating and hung up... makes me wonder about this property if they have "managers" like this! Wont book my clients in a Days Inn after this experience again!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kelli s

No Comment

Reviewed June 12, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 28 days while in the process of job interviewing, starting my job, and looking for an apartment. It had some issues that were not as advertised but not so bad that we left. Just be advised...there is no consistent internet (as in, none usually) and there is no promised access to a nearby fitness facility. First, the GOOD: It was CHEAP, and since we were staying for an extended period, that was a big deal. Also, the room didn't stink and there weren't any bedbugs. The managers, Genna and Bill were as helpful as they could be, given that the manager didn't seem committed to making the place nice. It's a very close walk to a good Indian restaurant and also a Mexican restaurant called El Jaliscience (sp?) Next, the BAD: Of the 28 days we stayed there, we only had internet for 5 of those days... that's right, only about 18% of our stay. This was a major problem for a few reasons: My partner was in school full-time online, and the promised Wifi did not exist. We had to buy a personal Verizon hot spot so that he could attend school and finish finals. Also, their TV channel selection sucks bigtime, so it would've been nice to be able to stream Netflix or something while cooped up in the motel. We wound up paying $10 per 1GB for the hotspot, and looking at craigslist apartment ads with photos took a fair amount of data. If you need internet for work, job hunting or apartment hunting, expect to buy it elsewhere because it's an ongoing problem at this motel. To add insult to injury, they acted at first like I must just not know how to access it, even though my computer had hit their network before. The guy came out to "fix" it once. (He lives way far away somewhere. Why is he their service provider? Somebody's brother or what?) The next day it was down again. From what I understand, this drama has been going on for years, so don't expect it fixed anytime soon. As regards access to Bally's gym, when I asked I was given a cardboard card given out by trainers with my name written in. I was told that it probably wouldn't be honored at Bally's because they have problems with a manager over there, so I didn't even bother.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

We apologize that we do not meet your needs. We will address your concerns to evaulate towards better service.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The internet went down the day after I arrived, and wasn't restored until the day before I left. They gave me a refund of $71 for the inconvenience, which I appreciate, but . . .

Also, you need more TV channels--PBS, CNBC, MSNBC, etc.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank Robert C

Our apologies for not meeting your expectations.