“Face lift time”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Hayward
Sacramento, California
“Face lift time”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

As I write this in June of 2014, the property is under an exterior face lift. I have stayed in more than my share of Quality Inn hotels and this one is better than average. The interior is better than average but I think all of the beds are about the same if not exactly the same model so expect the same there but the bathroom was clean and modern, it had a small fridge and microwave (in my room at least) and was one of the more affordable hotels I found in the Hayward area that I felt safe in. Yes I know there are cheaper hotels around but I wouldn't want any of my family staying in those areas so I don't either. The only drawback is the horseshoe style layout which means all the rooms face the driveway so you hear all the cars and people passing by. Not that big of a deal because the hotel isn't that big so not too much traffic. This will be one of the hotels I will put on my list to stay in when traveling in this area.

Room Tip: Beware the entrance to this hotel is VERY EASY TO MISS! Slow down the second you see the hotel sign...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Palmdale, California
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My experience with Comfort Suites was more than perfect. My family and I were more than pleased with the services provided and the hospitality that Andre showed. Andre was incredibly nice and it was obvious that the customers were his number one priority. He made our visit one to remember and it is no doubt that Comfort Suites is our choice of hotel from now on. Thank you for giving us a five star experience!

-Steven

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night. The room was big and clean. They provide breakfast but we didn't get a chance to try it as our flight out was early next morning. The front desk staff was friendly/professional.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a great hotel. Like most Comfort Inns and hotels in its category it is two stories with no elevator. The staff was very pleasant. The room was a nice size with good furniture including a refrig and microwave.
Like most hotels built in the 20th C there are limited power outlets in the room. The wifi was ok but sporadically dropped the connection. I used wifi but I did see a cable connection for those who carry a laptop. (No doubt a more solid connection.)
The locale is fine. What’s behind the hill east of the hotel is the beautiful campus of Cal State Hayward.
Presumably you have a car if you are looking for a hotel in this area. Downtown Hayward is just a mile or two north and has several cute restaurants.
The breakfast was what I’ve come to find is a Comfort Inn standard with a wide array of items including hard-boiled and cooked eggs. (Per an NPR report I heard while traveling most breakfast buffet food that is in a big tub comes from an off-site kitchen. It’s not a matter of the hotel quality; it’s about a lack of facilities to handle large volume in a short period.)
The only negative is the small size of the breakfast room. It was fine when all of the guests arrived at randomly but one morning there was a tour group that filled every available space and more because, of course, they were all on the same time schedule.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Naples, Florida
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Clean room located near Bart for SF exploring. Eat at Buffalo Bills which is near hotel. Breakfast is good but breakfast room small. For the price we would definitely recommend this well run hotel. Parking is free and front desk staff helpful.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Bobeby04
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed May 30, 2013

There are very few Hotels I've ever been to that were this bad. My wife and I had seen decent reviews for it when planning our business trip to Hayward, and therefore thought we were getting a good deal for our money when we made our reservation. The Front Desk Attendant was pleasant and helpful, but when we got to our room we received quite a shock. The room had a very odd odor to it. The Chair in the room had some sort of stain on the seat cover that appeared to be dried blood or worse. The carpet had apparently been rolled right over an older one with holes and in it. The mirror on the closet door had a serious crack in it. The final straw was when one of our neighbors decided to take a shower. The noise from the plumbing was loud enough that we had to raze our voices to talk to each other. Within less than five minutes we had checked out and went on our way to a better hotel just down the street.

Room Tip: Check your room out prior to moving in.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Brian W

Travelers are raving about these Hayward hotels

Incline Village, Nv
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have stayed in Comfort Inns in the past and know they are no frills and the cost of a room is accordingly. So, when we spent one night and a couple of days in Hayward we chose the Comfort Inn there. No frills, just the basic necessities. But, this one in particular was above and beyond what we expected. It was very clean in the lobby and our room. The grounds were immaculate. Our room and the bathroom were both very clean. The bed was comfortable and the cooling system worked great. Our room was very quiet, which surprised us with the hotel being on a busy street. The hotel is old and some of the furniture and mirrored closet doors are showing wear but neither affected our stay. The people running the Inn are very pleasant, polite and take the extra step to assure their guests are comfortable. The only complaint I have is there is no elevator. Again, that is likely due to the age of the property and the style of the buildings. The only time that presented a problem was in lugging our suitcases up the stairs.
We will need to return to Hayward in the near future and we will stay at that Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank godsbooboo
tomk868, Manager at Quality Inn Hayward Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear godsbooboo,
Thank you for taking the time to share and describe your experience at our hotel. As you noted our staff takes a great deal of pride in their work and it is especially gratifying for a guest to acknowledge their efforts. Your review also captures the essence of our hotel. Nothing fancy but friendly, clean, and a solid value with lots of features and amenities included. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again if business or pleasure brings you back to the East Bay/Hayward area.
Tom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward
Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
Days Inn Hayward Airport
Days Inn Hayward Airport
#10 of 15 in Hayward

Been to Quality Inn Hayward Hotel? Share your experiences!