“Great Visits”

Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Hayward
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I am happy to report all of our stays at the Comfort Inn Hayward while visiting our daughter attending Cal State East Bay during her first year of school have been terrific. The staff is always friendly, the rooms are clean and nicely appointed, and the rates are reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed just one night - nothing special but clean comfortable rooms for reasonable price. What I did not like about was the promotion - Stay 2 nights and get $50 gas card. Be very careful and follow instruction exactly! I called the hotel directly to make reservation instead toll-free number for the promotion....so I did not qualify. I will no longer fall for this - book hotels for the price and quality, not the brand!
Breakfast was not as good as some others. Hotel itself was OK - no major complaint but also nothing to rave about.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I chose this property based on past reviews of the hotel, which closely matched the rating of another hotel chain that I often frequent. On a positive note - the property is clean, the rooms have a small fridge and sink area, and the front desk staff is friendly. On the negative side, it is located in an older section of town, not very close to restaurants and activities. The final decision to stay here, rather than the other facility was because of better reviews for the "hot" breakfast. Big mistake. The hot breakfast consisted of very dry powdered eggs and the bacon that was so uncooked, even my husband wouldn't eat it (and he is not picky). The only thing that was good about the breakfast was the hot waffle maker and that's what we ended up eating both mornings because that's really all that was appetizing. If the hotel could improve their breakfast offering, it would help.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I'm not a big comfort inn guy, so when I had to stay here on a business trip I was kind of skeptical. Even more so when I was driving through the surrounding area at night looking for the place. But this inn was very clean. Simple stay, no big amenities, but surprised nonetheless. The breakfast wasn't to be desired, but it was a comfort inn still.

But for overall value outside of the city, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have stayed at a few Comfort Inns, and the one Hayward, California is absolutely the best. In fact, I have been staying here on a regular basis for quite awhile. The rooms are very spacious and clean. They offer a very nice breakfast (waffles, eggs, bacon, yogurt, pastries, etc.) and FREE Internet. The staff is great, willing to do what they can to ensure my stay is enjoyable. I truly love staying here and highly recommend the Comfort Inn in Hayward. There is a large selection of places to stay in the Bay Area but I would choose to stay here every time. Actually there are several places closer to my assignment but I prefer to stay here for the above reasons and also because I am a single female and feel safe and comfortable here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed here with my wife and two teens age sons. Arrived late, about 10PM and I must admit I was somewhat nervous about the neighborhood. It's not the most inviting place and I wouldn't venture out at night.

We checked in and were given a good size room. We were pretty pleased and began to settle in. In the process of moving pillows on one of the beds I discovered a bunch of little dead bugs. Eww! No way my kids were sleeping in that bed. The only other room with two beds was considerably smaller, but we had to take it. I don't think the room was dirty, but somehow the area under the pillow had gotten damp leading to the bugs. Not sure but we didn't find bugs anywhere else.

On to breakfast. Area was a little cramped and the food was sub-par, but acceptable. There was a young lady there that hovered about. I suspect she was a relative (daughter?) forced to work there. She clearly did not like her job. Fine. But on the second or third day we witnessed a group of guests get in a heated argument with her because she took all the food away before they could eat. The back story being those guests had originally entered the dining area but there was no place to sit so they stepped into the front desk area to complete some other business. During that time 9:30 came and she cleared out all the food. Actually I think it was 9:25 or so. All that is really irrelevant, what happened after is what really tainted everything. She was hollering at the guest (of course the guest was shouting back as well) but at one point she repeatedly told the guest to "shut up". Who treats guests that way!? I was shocked. And the manager did little to defuse the situation. He could have simply said, "breakfast normally ends at 9:30 but we'll allow you to get something to eat". But he didn't. He basically just justified her, but in a calmer tone.

Our second room was okay, the overall stay wasn't too bad, but I would never go back because of what I witnessed. No staff should treat their guest that way.

Room Tip: Adjacent road is noisy, get a room as far away as possible.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nyrkik
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

I was very happy with my experience at this hotel. The bed was very comfy and the rooms were nice and clean. The staff were friendly and I was pleased with the continental breakfast. They offered yogurt, fruit, waffles, bagels, juice, cereal, etc. The only thing I wish would've been better was the exercise room. However, I was still able to get a workout in. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward
#3 of 5 in Castro Valley
Hampton Inn Union City
Hampton Inn Union City
#1 of 4 in Union City

Been to Quality Inn Hayward Hotel? Share your experiences!