“Great place to stay”

Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Hayward
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Very friendly staff- from front desk personnel to housekeepers. The lady at the front desk had plenty to say about the area surrounding the hotel as far as where to eat & shop and what to do. The grounds man even helped me carry my luggage to my car upon checkout when he saw my full luggage cart. My room was very clean & I stay at many hotels so I have much to compare to. Very close to Russell City Energy where I was working. Decent neighborhood & plenty of great places to eat nearby.

Room Tip: Kitchenettes are available and have ovens!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
BWHayward, Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review as your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward is a cheap hotel and the staff is very helpful and nice. Location is good if you plan to rent a car. There are two major highways right next to hotel so by car you can go everywhere. There is also 15 minutes walk to the BART station which will take you to the city of SF. The AC machine is noisy so remember to take earplugs with you. The area is a little bit dangerous looking so do not stay out at midnight.

Room Tip: There are two major road near the hotel, Nimitz Fwy and W A Street, so the best rooms would be on th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
BWHayward, Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear JT

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (510)785-8700.

Management

Reviewed November 15, 2012

rooms looked fine from the outside. inside is GROSS. i went to plug my cell phone in behind the nightstand, there were spider webs, as well as tons of human hair against the nightstand and wall. there was mold on the bathroom light fixtures. the hotel smelled like indian food. i had a do not disturb sign on my door. an Indian house cleaner unlocked my door at eight in the morning. she pretended not to know english. the management stated that {the sign must have blown away in the wind} and that they always knock first before entering. in the morning you could see prostitutes or badly dressed woman leaving the hotels. if your a teenager and want to have a party place, this is the hotel for you. im shocked best western allows their name on this hotel.

Room Tip: dont book at this best western. i would consider it a motel six
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank jane s
BWHayward, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (510)785-8700.

Aneet Dindral

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were going to a Raiders game and I read some reviews of hotels closer to the colesium and from what I read I decided to stay away from any hotels close to it. So I decided to stay at The Best Western of Hayward, it was only a 10 minute drive from the colesium, the area it was in was very nice and clean, the rooms were clean and hotel staff was very friendly! The free breakfast was good, not great but good, my kids like to make their own waffles they also had hot eggs, sausage, muffins, and asst. fruits. The staff was helpful, I called to let them know we were not going to check in till mid night and we had no problems, check out was fast. I also liked the fact that there was a mini fridge and microwave in the rooms. I didnt get to try out the pool because it was cold when we were there but it looked clean.I did notice another review that complained about the traffic noise, but do your reseach, it is right next to the freeway! The only time I noticed the traffic noise was when I opened the window and it wasnt that bad! Other than that I would definetly go there again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Easy to find, pretty good parking, fairly good security in a risky part of town. I think there are no "quiet" rooms on this property. It is boardered by interstate 880 and A Street. A very noisy spot at all hours.
The room was a nice, but definitely showed years of wear. The "Do Not Disturb" door hanger sign was dirty, creased and stained omong other things.
The lady at check in in the evening was very pleasant and helpful. At check-out in the AM the lady was curt and seemed annoyed.
Fairly good morning breakfast area offering. This was a last minute stayover on a sunday night and the rate was a bit more inexpensive than surrounding comperable locations.
The bed and pillows were comfortable. The flat screen tv remote worked. The WiFi was working.

Room Tip: Remember to BRING earplugs!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Aneet Dindral

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

No frills, rooms are clean enough, free breakfast and WiFi available. No major complaints except the sink in our room drained too slow. The area is not nice, there were a few unsavory characters hanging outside the hotel and in the parking lot.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank ParekhK
BWHayward, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

The Management

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Hayward since we couldnt find a hotel in Oakland. We were in town for the Home Opener of Raiders vs. Chargers. We are HUGE Raider fans. Check process was good. We checked in early and they had a room ready for us. The room and bathroom were cleaned and comfortable. We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Each day housekeeping gave us clean towls and cleaned our room only when we asked them too. The only thing that I did not like about this hotel was the breakfast. There was really NOTHING that look great to eat. There was actually nothing that I would even consider trying to eat. I think that the hotel really needs to pay attention to their breakfast and step it up a little better., Offer donuts or something other than pastries, cereal. My husband and I went over to Mcdonalds everyday which is across the street and ate breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
BWHayward, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,