“authentic italian”
Review of Acqua E Farina

Acqua E Farina
Ranked #2 of 302 Restaurants in Hayward
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Families with children
Hayward, ca
“authentic italian”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

this place is great, from the murals on the walls, to the wine list, to the food......Caprese salad is a must, lasagna is excellent, and their specials can't miss......most wait staff is Italian.....little place on Main St., off B, in Hayward.....around the corner from another favorite, the Book Shop...say hello to Renee

• Visited July 2014

Columbia, Missouri
“What a surprise”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We were visiting a friend in Castro Valley and looking for a new restaurant to try in the area. Decided to try this restaurant after seeing that it was the top rated place on Tripadvisor. The restaurant is very simple so we were not sure what to expect. When they brought bread to our table it wasn't that great so we figured the food wasn't going to be that great either. Boy were we wrong! The food was amazing. The lasagna was probably the best I have ever had in my life. I love vodka sauce and didn't see anything on the menu but they made gnocchi with vodka sauce just for me. I wish we would have had room for dessert. I'm craving their lasagna now just writing this review. I'll definitely go back when in the area.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank John S
San Leandro, California
“"Don't miss this one!!"”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We had an "Italian" friend here from Chicago - who dines at some of the best restaurants in the country & his comment was " Wow - this was wonderful & the best Tiramisiu he had ever had!" The service was outstanding & the food great. This is not only one of the best finds in Hayward - it's one of the best in the bay area! My first visit was equally as good! Don't miss it - Interior is warm & friendly with an Italian flair -
the front entry is non-assuming - don't judge a book by it's cover!!!!

2 Thank Judy R
Hayward, California, Usa
“Local Discovery”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

There is a new Italian Restaurant in town. Apparently it took us five months to find it. Acqua e Farina is in a non-assuming neighborhood in an unlikely building. We found the food good and well presented. Our server was friendy and found time to talk even though it was obvious that staff was very busy with the full house crowd. We learned that this venture is the dream come true of five brothers. (True or not it is a good story) We were also told that staff will be added. We got in without reservations but I see that they are not a bad idea. No restaurant parking lot but they use the back of their card to show location of local free public parking.

3 Thank Robert O
Chico, California
“Lived up to expectations”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We were in Hayward for one night and looked at the Trip Advisor app for a restaurant near our hotel. Acqua e Farina showed up as the #1 ranked restaurant in Hayward and was only about a mile away. It was all I could have expected and more. The food was wonderful, the service was very friendly, and it was reasonably priced. (Three entrees, 3 drinks, 3 desserts, and a shared appetizer, all for under $100) Would definitely recommend it, and if I lived in Hayward, I could easily see it becoming one of my favorites.

1 Thank BidwellRunner