“Has evenings combining dinner with local theater - great fun!”
Review of Neumanali

Neumanali
Reserve with OpenTable
Neumanali is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 305 Restaurants in Hayward
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Watkins
Transit: Located across the street from Hayward City Hall, BART and all bus lines.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Received gift of dinner and tickets to local theater. Apparently local rec department arranges these nights. Dinner was planned serving foods of the time the play was set in. I have not eaten there except for this special occasion. Dinner was served family style which is just loads of fun, if you haven't tried it. I understand they do this type of service from time to time. Call to check it out! Dinner was tasty. I had special food requirements and had called earlier in the day. Chef was very accommodating about my requests. I would go again!

There are newer reviews for Neumanali

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Not many upscale choices in Hayward. We enjoyed the quiet and comfortable and softly lighted room. A wide range of menu options made it hard to choose. Prices are very reasonable, portions generous. We had scallops at their best, top quality steak done as ordered and very well prepared trout. Traditional food with an up to date spin. Like being in someone's home or a private club. Broad wine selection at every price point. Friendly service.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Wow, we were really surprised when we found this restaurant...it's tucked away down B St across from City Hall and right near BART. The beautiful Victorian has a fun little history that the staff will tell you about quite happily which just adds to its quaintness. The menu and wine list are nicely varied (we are pretty particular on our wines so to find several bottles on the wine list that are spectacular is pretty unusual in a small restaurant...never have ordered by the glass so don't know if that extends to that list but since they do everything else well, I wouldn't be surprised). For me, the true beauty is how beautifully seasoned all the dishes are (appropriately varying from subtle to stronger depending on the type of dish) and the appropriate portion size. It's a small restaurant but we've been there when there have been very few diners and when there have been several larger groups and the noise level has always been lower than most restaurants (which I appreciate). We've dined her for romantic dinners as well as have taken a group of business partners here - it has always been food and service that I can appreciate and be proud to have so close to home!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Celebrated my sister's birthday there a few weeks ago. The severice and food was great. They actually closed the restaurant for the party of 26. They have an excellent selection of wine and champagne and the appetizers were very good. I preselected three different entrées and they added a fourth - scallops which was abosolutley delicious. There was only one complaint which was, they should have had 4 scallops instead of 3. But most important was my sister really enjoyed her birthday dinner.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had such high hopes of a special evening at this restaurant as the reviews had been so positive and dining in a Victorian house was enticing. Well, apparently the restaurant is actually in what probably was the garage at some point...so you're not exactly "in" a Victorian house, but rather a nondescript room pretty much void of any ambiance. I did like the artwork however...most interesting.

We were there on a Saturday night and the place was virtually empty...always a concern. But that allowed for our group to have a nice quiet meal. First off, we were informed that they did not have a full bar (they had a large bar in the entrance too), which was ok, as we were just ordering wine. However, when asked for a glass of Sauvignon Blanc, they didn't even have that! Really? Oh, well.

Service was fine, if not a bit pushy. However, our meals were less than satisfactory. Salmon was way overdone and dry, pan fried trout was extremely greasy, although the flavors were good. Salads were certainly nothing special and limited selection. Way overpriced for the quality of the food...and this is in Hayward!

Another review mentioned lack of parking....not true. Had a nice parking lot behind the restaurant, not large, but then neither is the restaurant. We like to meet our friends for dinner in Hayward as it's about half-way between our homes in San Mateo & Danville. However, we won't be returning anytime soon.

1  Thank mphb