“Truly authentic Italian cuisine.”
Review of Buon Appetito

Buon Appetito
Ranked #3 of 312 Restaurants in Hayward
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Fast becoming one of our favorite restaurants. A truly enjoyable meal from appetizer to desert. Courteous and attentive wait staff and pleasant atmosphere. A great choice for our 44th wedding anniversary - As soon as we entered we felt welcome and at home and the meal to come was of exceptional quality.

Starting with the unforgettable Polenta con Funghi - Creamy soft polenta topped with fontina cheese, sauteed mushrooms sauce with truffle oil. So good I wanted to bathe in it.

Next the Insalata Estiva - Poached and marinated red & yellow beets, arugula, with a red wine vinegar and olive oil dressing, topped with feta cheese - my wife's favorite.

Entrees: The seafood Canneloni and the Rissoto di Mare. Both cooked to perfection - each with a distinctive seafood based sauce. The arborio rice was cooked to perfection, with just a little 'bite' of texture to the rice in an absolutely delicious sauce with shrimp, calamari and scallops. The tender Canneloni wrapped around a seafood filling that was accompanied by a creamy Alfredo sauce.

A hard decision for desert - Cannoli or Spumoni? We gave in and shared both! A truly fine finish to a great meal.

1  Thank ChiaPop

Reviewed April 20, 2012

This is a favorite restaurant of ours. Their pasta dishes are fabulous. The salads are lovely. They have 3 very nice rooms to choose from and while it can get a little noisy on a busy evening, it's a cheerful place to be. I love that an Italian restaurant actually plays opera and other Italian music too.

1  Thank Jennifer P
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I love Boun Appetito. The food is awesome, very authentic Italian. Their bread and the spread they automatically bring you is absolutely the best. I love going here.

1  Thank Californiagirl
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Fairly new restaurant. Has been doing a lot of upgrading. Nice but a little pricey for average low income people.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

It was my first visit to Buon Appetito and regrettably my last. This restaurant has good intentions but just could not deliver "the FOOD". The environment was very cozy and inviting. The wait staff was friendly but not very knowledgeable. The selection of wine by the glass left much to be desired. I decided to take a friend with me on this night of epicurean adventure. My friend ordered lasagna which was one step above stouffers or any other frozen dinner meal. I, because of a craving asked if the chef could make a carbonara. The most beautiful thing about carbonara is how the egg, pancetta, parma-reggi, olive oil and cracked black pepper create this savory, smokey, cheesy yumminess that dances off your tongue; followed by the brightness of added italian parsley. Unfortunately I was served alfredo sauce w/ bacon. I couldn't really taste anything other than the alfredo sauce.

After reading all the great reviews, I had really high hopes for this place. Fortunately, this establishment is relatively new/recently remodeled and still has a chance to tweak the menu (focus on quality of a few good dishes instead of the vast quantity of selections that they offer).