“Never again”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Hayward
Reviewed April 6, 2008

We stayed here for the weekend after reading the other trip advisors. After arriving we noticed how filthy our room was. The couch was so dirty we wouldn't even sit on it. In the bathroom everything was dirty but what was the topper was the hairy mold growing above the shower. All the pillow cases had stains and then another room had a big whole in their sheets (we were staying with a group of 10 rooms). Then there was a big whole in our screen of the window. There is a bar right next door with loud music which would be OK but the walls are paper thin, so you can even hear the person in the next room snoring.

• Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank conzfamily

Reviewed January 13, 2008

The suite is like a furnished studio apartment with full size refrig, half size stove and all the kitchen ware like dishes, bowl, forks, spoon ...etc. The sofa is a sofa bed and the bed is extremely comfortable.

If you don't need fancy lobby but just a convenient place to stay for weeks, this seems to be a great choice. There are many fortune 500 companies around and many business relocation people use this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank crossroads77
Reviewed October 25, 2007

We're a family of six and finding one room to accomodate all of us is usually quite difficult if not impossible. I was very impressed by the kitchen facilities of MainStay, the wonderful front desk people (I think we met at least 4 or 5 different people during our week long stay) and the security. We showed up around 11pm or later on a weekday after traveling all day (from the Mexico/Belize border) and I was a little worried leaving the rental in the lot. There were a number of teens hanging around and I wondered if people weren't simply living in the hotel. The hanging around teens were WONDERFUL though and I never felt the least bit unsafe. The beds were ok and hte sofabed was awful but everything was quite clean and the kitchen was wonderfully stocked. The breakfast was a BOON to my 4 sugar loving kids but it would be nice to throw some protein in with all the sugar stuff. I would definitely recommend Mainstay Suites in Hayway; you're walking distance to Target, Goodwill and a grocery store too! One caveat; their norm for housekeeping is every other day; not daily. But you can ask for daily service.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank jamnkats
Reviewed August 6, 2007

I had just moved to the Bay Area, and was having trouble getting my living arrangements finalized. I originally had my reservations at MainStay for 1 week, on the 7th day pushed it back to 2 weeks, and on the 14th day pushed it back 3 more days. The staff were always polite and accomodating, housekeeping made up my room 5-6 times per week (more than expected). The room was very clean, full size fridge, dishwasher, 2 burner rangetop, microwave....very easy to cook your own food and save money.

The Hayward area doesn't have much to offer, but there is a Target and strip mall 1/2 block away (and of couse a Starbucks), as well as an excellent Sushi bar across the street. There is a BART station about 1.75 miles away, I never felt unsafe walking to and from there, even at night.

Hopefully this is my last time in Hayward, but I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a modestly priced hotel in the East Bay.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
3  Thank johnefan007
Reviewed November 28, 2006

Stayed two nights, 1st. night no complaints, 2nd night arrived back at hotel at 8 pm, room hadn't been cleaned. Waited an hour for fresh towels. Room next door had a huge party with screaming, slamming doors, and pounding noises that lasted until 3:30 am. Called front desk at 10:30 pm with complaint and they were no help. 100% satisfaction room guarantee was NOT honored. Beware.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PintoLvr
Reviewed February 12, 2006

My wife and I stayed at the MainStay Suites for 5-nights while apartment hunting in the Bay Area. Our room was great, and it included a kitchen area with stove and a full-sized fridge. Also, the cabinets were stocked with a good variety of kitchen tools and dinnerware and glassware, etc... everything you'd need for a week-long stay. We also had free internet access in the room - but it was not wireless, so bring a LAN cable if you want to use it. Overall, the building was very modern and nice, although the pool looked rather small (but we didn't use it). The breakfast was standard fare, but it did include good full-sized muffins and tasty danishes (both of which had varied flavors throughout our stay).

The area around the hotel could have been nicer - we could see a fairly run-down neighborhood out of our window which looked out of the back of the hotel, but in the end, we still felt safe in the hotel. Also, the parking lot had decent lighting and was under camera surveilence.

Overall, we had a very nice 5-night stay, and we were surprised by the amenities we got for such a low price. We'd recommend this hotel to people both looking for an extended stay or just one night.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank dunlin57
Reviewed January 16, 2005

I liked it as far as extended stay hotels go. Had good wireless in my room (as for it). The rooms are large. would stay again

6  Thank maddmax