“Great place to stay”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Hayward
Portsmouth, Rhode Island
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was our fourth Christmas / New Year staying at the Hayward Fairfield Inn. It was as nice as the first year. Staff was very freindly without being overbearing. Staff always polite, returning a "good morning" etc. Hot breakfast had many choices. Rooms well appointed and very clean. Easy on/off freeway. Not many restaurant choices nearby.

Room Tip: We have't had a bad room yet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JanTomRI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Aiea, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

This Fairfield Inn is located in kind of a semi-industrial area, meaning you've got to drive a ways to get to a good selection of restaurants. There's only a Starbucks close to the hotel. Parking is ample and free. The Wi-Fi was more than adequate. The room was clean and had all of the necessary amenities. The housekeeper was also very responsive to our requests. Front desk staff was very accommodating and friendly. We spent two nights, one of which was Christmas Eve. The hotel was not heavily occupied, so the front desk tried to get us into as quiet a room as possible. They also gave us an extra hour checkout that we needed. Breakfast was not a big spread, but there were eggs, waffles, cereals and fruits. It's good enough and was included with the room. The atrium area (where breakfast is served) is very large, well-lit and clean. It was also pretty quiet. I didn't use the exercise room, but it was nice for its size. I did use the laundry, and the commercial washers and dryers were plenty capable of big loads. I was very pleased with our stay at this Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Fairfield Inn & Suites-Hayward deserves my first-ever online review. I travel from the UK once or twice a year and stay for 7 - 10 days. I have enjoyed consistent service, friendly professional staff, gleaming rooms and great rates. The Free Breakfast was good, now it is excellent with huge choices.
Over the several years my needs have changed and The Fairfield Inn & Suites - Hayward has met those needs. The hotel has also changed, improving each year for the better at a pace the keeps rates down and has minimal environmental impact. I have used the gym, whirlpool, sauna, laundry, computers and most other facilities,except happy hour. Any issues or requests have been addressed immediately and to my satisfaction.
Nazmena Khan, especially, stands out. She is priceless. Nazmena is one of many long-servicing staff, still invested in the hotels success. I have experienced her professionalism, team support and team spirit. During a stay for a family loss, she afforded me a much needed shoulder, while maintaining a professional distance that allowed me to conduct delicate business.
Finally, the current construction nearby is independent of the hotel. I believe it is nearly complete and desired by the community.
pcolette@live.co.uk

Room Tip: Rooms with whirlpool are reasonably priced luxury.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank phyllis M
Dover, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

We checked in because we have a conference just across the street from the hotel. We Have many business partners that were also in the hotel. They were trying to charge us more cause they claim there were 5 people in the the room when there are only 3 people. They were insisting that 5 people ate for breakfast, people from the other rooms stop by our table when we were eating because we know each other. Then some friends came to visit us during the day but did not slept in our room. What a bunch of crooks. This happened on a Friday, Danille on the front desk was not very helpful. She refuses to call the manager & told us no one can help us until Monday which does not do us any good since we are flying home early Monday, She only called him when I insisted for her to go to our room to see how many people are in there

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ophelia A
hassanfallah, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
the fact of the matter is when you booked your room you put only two people on the reservation. when you were at the front desk checking in you were asked how many adut in the room you response was for now three but tomorow it is going to be four. on Friday morning our security camera saw three more adults with six pieces of luggage joined you in the room. that was totally unsafe.we are not crooks as you stated and we were not tring to take your money.at the time of check in computer takes authorization on you card plus 20% extra for incidental.when you check out the extra authorization goes back to the card. it looks like you did not have enough money on your account. the reason we ask how many guest are in a room, the lodging industry rule and the fire department rule we have to know how many people in each room in case of emergency. I know you were trying to save money but that could be a liablity for the hotelier. there was nothing wrong with your room or services you recived just the fact you did not want to follow with the policy.
San Gabriel, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I came here with a friend on the weekend for two nights stay. I reserved like 2 months before and the rate was reasonable. The Inn was quite clean and they had great selections for FREE breakfast. I believe the A/C in our room was broken. We didn't bother to ask for exchange because we were so tired. The overall experience was good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had a last minute business trip to Redwood City. Since this hotel was across the bay right off the San Mateo Bridge, it was conveniently located and very affordable.

The hotel looks new and clean. It actually looks more like a Courtyard than your traditional Fairfield - since there is courtyard with the rooms ringed around the courtyard. You get the usual amenities with a Fairfield - free wifi in the rooms and free hot breakfast. They had a Happy Hour each weeknight with hot appetizers and beer/wine.

I stayed in a handicap-accessible room which had a nice sized bathroom. The room also had a mini-fridge which I find convenient for long stays or for families. I didn't intend to stay in a handicap-accessible room but the first room I was given faced the entrance ramp to the San Mateo Bridge. That would have been fine except for the night time construction that was going on. You could hear the constant rumbling and beeping of trucks. It was really loud, so I had my room moved. This was the third week of September 2013. Maybe the construction is done now.

Otherwise, it is a great hotel - affordable, clean, spacious. For me to go to Redwood City, it was highly convenient to take the bridge across the bay (there is a $5 toll going south). If I was going to Oakland, it would have been convenient. For San Jose, San Francisco, probably not so great of a location.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side face the on ramp of the San Mateo Bridge which was under construction at nigh...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Huntington Beach Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Looks almost a brand new hotel, there is still construction around it.
Clean, very welcoming and helpful staff, nice and well furnished rooms, the hotel as an interesting layout for a Fairfield signature, it looks more like an Embassy Suites but smaller and with less services, but for the purpose of business, family and economy it does the job fairly well.
As said it before, the staff is very welcoming, helpful and efficient.
There is one thing they must work on: the Wi-Fi is insufficient and the connections are very slow or break up, could not do any online work without being disconnected or frozen.
I will visit again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank HumbertoM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Hayward
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward? Share your experiences!