“Excellent Stay Experience”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Hayward
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I hear sometimes when people are having problems with their room stay experience or Internet access. Well I stay in the places anyways to see for myself and to tell you the truth I actually got one of the best weekends of sleep I could possibly have. At home I have a toddler running around in the unit above me and the baby momma and her weed parties is another day and another story but at this hotel, it was weekend retreat and I was totally please with the experience.

I am so looking forward to staying here again the next time I'm in the Bay area.

Room Tip: P.S. - I also think that if you're ever on the downstairs floor of any hotel, you may be surpris...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LifeHappens310
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I've never been a fan of the Fairfield brand and this hotel did nothing to change my impression. I stayed at the hotel for four nights on business in the area. The property itself is OK but is does face an unattractive empty lot. As I was on business, good internet service is a must and this is were the hotel failed. Absolutley the worst service I have ever experienced in over ten years of traveling - slow and kept disconnecting and reconnecting requiring to log back on. I notified the front desk after the first night and it was to be checked. Same situation in the evening. Having trouble initially connected, I contacted the front desk to confirm if the password had changed, it hadn't, and was told to just keep trying. Commenting that the service was terrible, the front dest person basically agreed. My coworker had similar problems but not to the extent that I was experiencing. Another issue was the extremely low water pressure in the shower, almost a dribble, resulting in having to shower twice as long as I would normally. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel three nights while visiting friends. Easy on and off freeway location but a little but noisy due to traffic. Traces of mold in the shower. Otherwise perfect and a good value for my money.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Suziql
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My family and I had two rooms in this hotel a week ago and were in CA to attend my mom's funeral. While the rooms were okay, their customer service was very poor, particularly the lady at the front desk (Ramona). My brother and his wife stopped by to say their goodbye and I met them at the lobby. Since we were catching a flight I asked them to go with us to the dining room so we could talk. I was feeding my 20-month old granddaughter and I asked him if he could give me a cup of hot chocolate. He looked at the cup and was watery. He tasted it to confirm. I told him I would ask someone to change in. Just then, Ramona walked in with another employee and in front of guests who were eating told me that the facility was for guests only. I couldn't say anything because of embarrasment. My brother was very upset and walked to the front desk to tell her she was very rude. She could have asked me on the side to tell me what she said but no, she has no people and customer service skills. Very rude!! She offered no apologies and felt that she did not do anything wrong. Please do not make reservations to this hotel ... very bad customer service. -- Fire that lady!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank alohagirl124
hassanfallah, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

I sent her an email and apologized about the way things happend. we strive for customer servcie and that is our number one priority. the family had three rooms at the hotel at some point they had a family fued and police was called in. later on she approached the front desk and asked the front desk agent on duty to kick her brother out of the hotel.here is her exact wording,After two hours, I went to the front desk to see if he can be kicked out of the hotel since I did not want another confrontation with him and was told that this was a family feud and did not involve other hotel guests.
I explained to her that we can not and will not kick a person out of the hotel beause another person does not like him/her. she did not like my answer. I also want to mention that during the period they were here there was no complaint about the room condtion or any other issues.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Not much more, not much less. The best part about this place is that it puts you in short driving distance from the San Fran airport (around 20-30 minutes, but you'll have to pay a $5 toll), but I don't think it's as expensive as some airport choices. We stayed with Marriott points -- only 10,000 per night (which is on the low end for Marriott). The lobby area is large but looks well past its prime -- there's also a mold smell in the lobby (but thankfully not in the room, which is standard issue and reasonably comfortable). But a plentiful breakfast makes up for any negatives. Guy at front desk was also very cordial when we checked in for the night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The room and bed were clean. Carpeting in the stairwells, rooms, hallways, and lounge appears recently installed. Gym has 1 elliptical, 2 treadmills, 1 exercise bike, and a nautilus weightlifting machine. The common/atrium area is spacious and bright. I had a room that did not face the atrium. The tv in my room was a contemporary flat screen.

Two snafus:
1. On returning to the hotel the 2nd night of my stay, my key did not work in the door to the room. (This was remedied quickly by the front desk staff.)
2. On returning to the hotel the 3rd night of my stay, I found my door propped open with the security latch. Here's how my conversation with the front desk went:
FD: "Was anything stolen?"
Me: "Not that I've noticed so far." (I had literally just walked into the room.)
FD: "I think housekeeping propped it open. The second floor was very busy today, so they worked late; they usually stay until 4 PM, but today they were here until 6 PM trying to finish up all the rooms."
Me: "Okay. I wanted to let you know. I'll let you know if anything is missing from my room."
FD: "Okay, I'll let my supervisor know about this."
Ultimately, I don't think anything was stolen, but I'm fairly certain that at some point, the front desk staffer should've apologied for this.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Olivia C
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We needed a hotel close to SFO before our long flight to home and this hotel was suitable as it was only 20 miles away. It was also easy to find and drive to and from. The hotel picture in Marriott site was little misleading but the new look was nice. I think the room we stayed was much better than some comments made me think. Perhaps some corners in tha bathroom could have been scrubbed little better but otherwise the room was clean and we were happy with it. Also the room was quite big and it was easy to pack our luggage.

The reception was fine and we got the information we needed. It was nice to know the bridge toll before driving to airport so that we had the correct amount ready (it was $5). The immediate area of the hotel is office buildings so there is nothing in the walking distance but it also means that the area is quiet in the evening. There is many shops and restaurants within a short drive. The breakfast included some hot items and we liked the atrium like setting of the breakfast area.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kimulus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward
Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward? Share your experiences!