Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Hayward
Ohio
“dump”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Ok. I'm writing this as I'm sitting in the room, it reminds of an institution. Not warm or inviting. We were actally upgraded, so I'd hate to see a regular room! The hallways and atrium smell of clorine, the decor definitely needs updating and the area.....well i should have guessed mimick the name of the street its on; Industrial. If you need a place to sleep and nothing else, I suppose it's alright.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelStarOhio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Seabrook
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Good value which I got on teh Marriot website (beat all the 'cheap' sites rates). Rooms were clean, comfortable, bright. Breakfast had a lot of variety, food was OK, not great. Nice selection of beverages.
Stayed twice - when we got into CA, and when we left. Convenient to Oakland Airport (about 20 min), and to San Francisco.
Staff was courteous, helpful, and friendly.
Odd smell when you come into the hotel - I think it is due to the waterway flowing through the lobby area. No odor noted in the room. Nice little 'market' are in the lobby for food or things you forgot, and pretty reasonable.
Don't use Mapquest to get there - directions were wrong.

Room Tip: It is near Hwy 92, but we didn't hear any noise, and it had good curtains to block the light.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank K P
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We were visiting family in Hayward so the location was perfect for us. Easy on and off from hwy 92 and 880. The first room we stayed in was #123, which was adjacent to the breakfast area. I was worried this might be noisy in the morning but we weren't bothered by any voices or food supply noises. What was a problem was that this room shares the wall with the kitchen and the refrigerators are against the wall where the head of the bed is. The buzz of the refrigerators was too much for me - I'm a light sleeper. I was hoping it would be like a "white noise" but was too intense. My husband slept fine. We moved to room #206 the next night which was better other than what sounded like "happy feet" above us running back & forth until @ 1:00am. Otherwise the hotel was very quiet and it didn't seem there were too many people there. These were the days after Christmas. The desk people were very friendly and helpful. This hotel is atrium style with a water feature in the middle.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sky22
Carmichael, California
Reviewed December 12, 2011

This place seems to be hidden away close to the industrial area of Hayward. I've been staying at Marriotts in the Bay Area for years and never even knew this one was here. The hotel itself is very nice. I was quite surprised that it was about a decade old, it really seemed like a new building. It is very well maintained, rooms are clean/comfortable, and the staff is pleasant. There isn't too much close by in the way of restaurants or attractions, so yes a car is advisable. But this property seems to work very well in serving as a home base for any visit to the east bay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank perpendxular78
Gardnerville, Nevada
Reviewed December 11, 2011

The room was clean, front desk very accommodating. Didn't like that the room opened up into the breakfast area; no privacy in that respect. Nice, free breakfast. Convient location but unless you know your way around Hayward, you wouldn't know where a restaurant was. There is nothing within walking distance. Not sure I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay on the upper levels so you don't walk out into the lounge area.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank barb o
Chino Hills, California
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Pretty standard business hotel. Typical of Fairfields which is Marriott's lowest tier brand. Pretty barebones but expected. Location is next to San Mateo bridge entrance on the East Bay so not bad if you know where you are. Don't expect this to be near SF, which seems to be a common mistake with East Bay hotels.

One problem was in the morning, the housekeeper kept knocking on the door at exactly noon to get me out of the room. Usually there's some leeway with late checkouts and I don't usually have to call down to request if I'm leaving by 12:30 or so. A couple minutes later front desk called and I also told them that I'm checking out before 12:30. It was the first time a hotel was that eager to get me out when they send the housekeeper back every 5 minutes after noon checkout time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I first stayed here in the summer of '07 and as I had a positive experience then, I returned here for my last trip to the Bay Area.

Being right off of Highway 92, the hotel is extremely convenient. However, it is in an industrial park, on the edge of a residential area, so there is NOTHING within walking distance. There are many restaurants on Jackson Street which is the extension of Highway 92 east of I-880, but that is too far away to walk. A car is necessary if you stay here, but there is a BART station nearby to leave your car if you are going into San Francisco. I don't know if the hotel shuttle will take you there or not as I had a rental car.

On my previous stay, the interior courtyard had a fountain which provided a nice calming atmosphere. That fountain was not in operation for my latest stay, which was a shame.

As before, my room was quiet and impeccably clean. Unlike many hotels, this one had true high definition TV feeds on their flat screen TVs. The only time the peace was broken was due to a party on Saturday night that was held at the hotel, with many young partygoers hanging out in the parking lot. But that party appeared to be over by midnight.

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank RonTheTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward
Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward? Share your experiences!