“Best Value for Business Travelers”

Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Hayward
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is my first choice when I travel to Oakland / Hayward for business. Internet speed is quick allowing reliable connection to home office network. If you want more equipment than the on-site fitness center, the guest passes to a local gym makes it easier for the fitness focused business travel to stay on-track with his / her training plan. Selection / variety of food at breakfast is great. Room size and layout make it ideal for work and rest.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Daven B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for your outstanding review. We glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel has clean, nice rooms with a great staff. Their employees go the extra mile to make your stay as pleasant as possible. I always stay here when traveling to the Bay Area and would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Daven B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Attended a wedding with some friends and even though the hotel was packed with people, the staff seemed to manage things quite well. The rooms were clean, and cleaned daily. We had great fresh items for the breakfast and better yet we got to enjoy the pool which was not dirty and over dosed with chlorine. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Daven B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for your great review and for enjoying every aspect of your stay at our hotel. We are so glad that all our efforts in making a grat and positive impression of our hotel to our guests are paying off.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I am a photographer who recently took pictures at the hotel for a wedding. I love the how the interior had been decorated and the ambiance it just great. They have newly upgraded their interior with new flooring and modern - contemporary furniture. It has a very clean and comfortable atmosphere. The staff is super friendly as always. 2 thumbs up..!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This nice hotel has a lobby area that was recently updated with new tile flooring and brightly colored furnishings. Nearby dinning choices are limited to Fast-Food (El Pollo Loco next door, Micky-D's & Wendys are 1 block away), but a short drive opens up several chain restaurant choices (Mimi's, Olive Garden, Black Angus, etc.) and a popular brew-pub with a college & young professional crowd, Buffalo Bills. The hotel provides a nice hot breakfast each morning that includes, coffee/tea/hot coco, milk and juices, hot & cold cereals, yogurts, a hot egg item (re-heated scrambled eggs, cheese omelets, etc.) with bacon or sausage, toast, pastries and muffins, and fresh fruit.

I've stayed here several times on business trips to the San Francisco Bay area. The location is central to SF across the bay, about 45-55 mins. drive (Hwy 92 W. to Hwy 101 N.), and it's about 35-40 mins, freeway driving south (I-880) to San Jose (non-rush hour). It's in town, off the closest major Hwy. (I-880) 1-2 miles, so it might be a little hard to find for a first timer, but is worth the try.

The rooms are clean, comfortable and recently updated, and come with flat screen TV's (with HBO), microwave ovens, and mini-refrigerator. They have two computers with printers in their business center (near the front desk), handy for printing boarding passes, etc. The front desk staff are always friendly and helpful... they remember my name and make me feel welcome. I've found it a nice choice for staying in the bay area, even with the higher room costs that occurred with the updating of the rooms and lobby. Note: The manager is willing to negotiate special discounts to frequent, loyal travelers... and I appreciate it!

Room Tip: Rooms away from Mission Blvd. (& elevator) are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Daven B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for the great review Mr. Brown. I really appreciate your feedback. It's a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Daven Bhukhan

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I celebrated my birthday and Valentine's so we had a date night with out the kids. The room with the whirpool was very romantic and very clean and refreshing! It is conveniently located downtown Hayward and reasonably priced. Highly recommended and would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Daven B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I am generally a Marriott fan. But Pat and Tony have a very fairly priced oasis. Quiet rooms, updated amenities, decent local eateries withing a few steps of the hotel. I couldn't have asked for a more comfortable room, clean bed, no noise from my neighbors. There is no reason to spend more elsewhere.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Daven B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you for the positive review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oakland - Hayward
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward
Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro

Been to Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward? Share your experiences!