“Newly remodeled hotel great value and location”

Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Hayward
Hayward, California
“Newly remodeled hotel great value and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I celebrated my birthday and Valentine's so we had a date night with out the kids. The room with the whirpool was very romantic and very clean and refreshing! It is conveniently located downtown Hayward and reasonably priced. Highly recommended and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Daven B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Turkish first
Derry, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I am generally a Marriott fan. But Pat and Tony have a very fairly priced oasis. Quiet rooms, updated amenities, decent local eateries withing a few steps of the hotel. I couldn't have asked for a more comfortable room, clean bed, no noise from my neighbors. There is no reason to spend more elsewhere.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Daven B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for the positive review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to serve you again in the future.
Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have stayed here several times. The staff is always pleasant. When the construction on the road is completed, entry & exit will be easier. They have good breakfast choice. The treadmill has individual TV and headphones.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Daven B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for the positive review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you!
NorCal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I found this Hampton Inn after my first choice of a hotel was too expensive for my corporate travel policy. There was no problem getting a room even without a reservation (Diamond Hilton Honors).

This Hampton Inn is located in Hayward, CA, although I don't know if it would be considered downtown. It is not in the "best" location, but I did not feel unsafe. To be fair, I did not walk around after dark, but drove to a restaurant area about a mile away from the hotel. The hotel is fairly close to the Oakland Airport and Oakland Alameda Coliseum, if you consider 9 or 10 miles close.

My room was clean and neat, and appeared to be recently refurbished. It had a 37" HDTV with actual HD channels. That is a definite plus in my book. Comfortable bed, desk/chair, sitting chair. This is not a resort hotel, but is definitely worth a stay if you are in the area for business, don't want to stay with nearby relatives, or maybe catch an A's or Raiders game.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Daven B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Glendale, CA USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Easy check-in, easy check-out. A quiet place, free parking. Has a small outside pool, treadmill gym but no jacuzzi or sauna room. After the road construction on Mission is done, should be much easier to access hotel property.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Immediate eye-appeal with bright Tuscany colors, vivid new carpets, highly functional room furniture and stylish granite-topped bathrooms as a result of recent renovation.
Super-comfortable beds and pillows, fine breakfasts and superlative service in centrally located property near several good restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

I am SO thankful that I called the Hampton Inn before my family arrived to check in!
Relatives from out of town are heading to the Bay for the weekend and planned on coming to San Francisco using public transportation. Knowing they needed a little help in navigating the BART/Muni system, I called and asked if the concierge would be kind enough to purchase passes for my family so they could make the trip across the Bay hassle free! Thank you Devan for taking care of them like a true concierge!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Daven B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for the positive review. Please let me know if you need anything in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Hayward
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
Vagabond Inn Executive Hayward
Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay

Been to Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward? Share your experiences!