“Aside from....”

Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Hayward
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Our shower not draining the first day, our sink not draining the next day, my husband getting stuck in the elevator for 30 min and my kids and I getting stuck in the elevator the next dqy for 3 min, everything was fine. The staff was most the time on top of things. Funny thing is my husband got stuck in their elevator for that long and not one even asked if he was ok. Thank you though to the maid that stuck a broom through the crack of the elevator door to let my husband pry himself out. Other than everything mentioned the room was fairly clean, pillows were soft but not much to say about the bed.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank MaMa6363

Reviewed April 21, 2011

My mom lives in the nearby retirement home and we needed a place to stay. This was rated the best out of the hotels/motels in the area.

Overall we enjoyed our stay. They were fully booked and we got a non-smoking room with 2 beds instead of a King, but it was totally fine. The room was clean, the bedding and bed was nice and comfortable. The staff were really nice.

The breakfast was more than I anticipated and really enjoyed it. There was a staff person there to re-stock as necessary.

We didn't use the wi-fi but it was free with your stay, which doesn't seem like most hotels offer.

If you are not familiar with Hayward, you may think this is in a strange location on a busy street, but if you are visiting someone nearby or students at the State University nearby, I would completely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elmendez
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I read the reviews about all the hotels in Hayward, and grew concerned that so many were mentioned to be in shady areas. I paid a little more to stay at the Hampton Inn, and I can say I was 100% pleased.

The hotel is very close to several dining options, as well as a 7-11 store. This made it very convenient. As for the general area, it is not ritzy, but certainly not a ghetto either. As a single male, I felt fine walking around this part of down.

The hotel itself was very clean and in good condition. Everything was up-to-par in my room.

The breakfast was fine. It featured a couple hot items, cold cereal, bread and pastry items. Also, my favorite, a fresh waffle machine.

The front desk staff were very nice and professional. I forgot my shaving razor, and they provided me with a free disposable one.

Finally, the hotel offers free wireless Internet service. It worked great for me,

Overall, I was pleased, and would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank RobertoCalifornia
Reviewed August 13, 2010

My wife and I are staying here for a few days as we meet our new adoptive daughter for the first time. We wanted a hotel that was clean, conviently located, and at a decent price. The Hampton Inn Oakland wins in all these areas and has a wonderful and friendly staff. We were unsure when we were going to arrive and the day before informed the staff that we may be a late arrival as we were flying in. We also told them that we were in need of a crib. The staff said no problem and even though we did not check in until 10PM, the person at the desk told us if there was not a crib in the room already to call her immediately and that she would see to it herself.
I had read an earlier review voicing concerns over the neighborhood. There is some traffic conjestion, and you do find yourself doing some U turns to get around, but that appears to be the norm here in Hayward. I did a crime records search on the area and found that the area was not an issue in that regards.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2009

Very clean, great rooms with the usual breakfast. Very convienent to the Bay Bridge and the Bay area. At the rate of $80. per night it definently beats the other chains in the area. Very quiet with a great pool, fitness room, laundry room and work center. Very nice staff.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed here overnight here with our moving truck (relocated from LA to San Francisco). The hotel is really clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

There is no parking for large trucks, so we had a helluva time finding a place to park it -- but that is not to fault the hotel.

The coffee was hot and good, the breakfast was a great-looking spread. Looked like a really good spot for business travel. The free wi-fi was remarkably easy to access.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2009

The good: clean room, free Wifi internet (!), great burger right across the street.
The bad: the location is... er... interesting. Sometimes I got the feeling the area is not quite safe. Also, the free breakfast was rather simple.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
Best Western Plus Inn of Hayward
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oakland - Hayward
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward
Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
Hilton Garden Inn Oakland/San Leandro

Been to Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward? Share your experiences!