“Somewhat disappointing based on prior positive experience with Mimi's”
Review of Mimi's Cafe - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Redmond, Washington
“Somewhat disappointing based on prior positive experience with Mimi's”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I've been to the Mimi's in Dublin, CA a few times and have been happy with the food and service there. I was a little disappointed today, my first visit to the Hayward location . . . and I am ordinarily an easy-to-please restaurant customer.

My main complaint is that is seemed to take forever for our food to be served after ordering, and it wasn't even very busy (we arrived at the off-peak time of about 2:30 PM; half the tables were empty). My cup of French Onion soup came out after a few minutes, but the bruschetta took a long time (I did not time it, but it had to be pushing 30 minutes after having ordered it), and then our entrees took another long long time (probably another 15 minutes after the bruschetta).

In terms of the food: the french onion soup was respectable. The bruschetta was nice (and the blue cheese on it a very palatable twist), but it was a rather stingy serving with just 3 pieces. For entrees, my wife ordered grilled veggies on flat bread; the bread was crusty and dry. I ordered a veggie burger that came with a side of fresh fruit; the veggie burger was good but nothing special, same with the fruit.

In terms of service: the waitress barely interacted with us after the initial order; another guy did a nice job keeping my diet Coke refilled (drank 4 glasses owing to the long duration of the visit). Waitstaff could have been cognizant of the length of time for the food prep and kept us apprised of the progress of our order. Also had to wait around quite a while after finishing our meal before they brought the check (and only after I asked for it - it is a pet peeve of mine when it gets to this point).

Other: There were a lot of squawking and crying infants and toddlers in the establishment. Nothing wrong with it being a "family-friendly" establishment; just be aware of this fact (which I have not experienced at the Dublin location).

• Visited June 2011

Santa Cruz, California
“Good eggs benny”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I eat here about once a month, fairly regularly. I like their eggs benny. All their breakfast items are basic "breakfast fare" and nothing really special. But lets face it, most of us don't go out to breakfast for something new and exciting. We want breakfast! It never seems really busy. The servers are always pleasant and attentive. All in all, I recomend Mimi's for a great breakfast of lunch, if your in the area.

• Visited June 2011
North Fort Myers, Florida
“Great Food, Decent Service”
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Never heard of this place, but great menu items, good specials, fresh food, ample servings, nice wait staff.