“value, location for money hotel”

Budget Inn of Hayward
Ranked #1 of 1 Hayward B&B and Inns
san jose
“value, location for money hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had a plesant stay at Budget Inn Hayward. It is located close to the loop next North Hayward. Lot of taxis are available and City of hayward transit. So going around the downtown Hayward was conveinient and became easy. Desides, it becomes easier to guide the taxi to the hotel. Being in the central of the EastBay area; there are very close by freeways and have very easy access to choose an interstate freeway also the hotel is located to the suburban area north south and east andwest as well and not so far away. I book through the hotel than the website after clarifying with them over the phone for few points. The booking over the phone was simple and cheaper than what was written on online. the staff were generous and gave us maps and were courteous, explained everything whichw as needed towards us. Only off part was paying and giving the credit card details to hold the room but my card was not charged. The rooms are good, comfortable, well apponted. Beds are not bad at all; nice but not excellent good enough for my stay and noticed them changing beds from old to new. Service for hotel was ok; maint was good. Despite putting up the clean my room sign which by the way was a very unique sign they did give service but since my luggage was on my other bed they did not touch and understood why. Breakfast was ok and it was free so i did not have to pay for it. Internet was great and of course that was free and they have multiple users access just ahve to ask. My colleague and I had four laptops and you need a separate code from each which is good and this is for good security reason why you need multiple users. Good hotel for business stay, leisure is ok.

Room Tip: Nice hayward area and very bright than before nice eating places and close by theater and they have...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Munir s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I went to ask to see room I was told I had to pay first and no refunds offered my credit card or Drivers license and was told couldn't see a room first, I paid for a night and bed was old squeaky and room smelled funny lots of homeless looking people stayed here! My best advice is go somewhere else! Very rude Indian owner/manager and you will regret it here!!!

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank RubenV76

Travelers are raving about these Hayward hotels

San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have used this hotel for the past two years without issues and always had good customer service. I was initially skeptical about this hotel, especially after reading some of the negative reviews, but still have it a shot due to the convenience of the location due to construction work, the advertised features and the fairly decent price. To my delight, it turned out to be a good experience for me. I had 3 days left in Hayward area for Union work and the hotel staff did a great job in making my stay comfortable as possible. The rooms were clean and house keeping was trained well, the service was nice, and the staff courteous. The complementary morning breakfast was decent and so was the guest laundry service. Within the vicinity of the area the bars are great but I thought the restaurant prices were a bit on the higher side, but the food was of quality; try going to bijou and buffalo bar. I'd suggest the hotel to anybody looking for quality for a hotel that is beyond a basic category but not in the 4 to 5 star range.
Also location is marvelous; location is very close to the hotel and this is the best hotel to pick when you are in hayward for the Hayward Loop due to location and the cleaniess.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
9 Thank alexbaileyunion
Sparwood, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Booked online and does not look at all like the pictures. Office at night is locked so you talk to employee through a safety window. The room had chipped red paint and stucco on the inside.A view of a field with homeless people in it were outside the side of the complex. A chain link fence divides you for your safety. The room smelled like orange cleaner, armpit sweat and foot odor. The carpet was sticky. The bed had a tarp on it and then sheets. The bathroom had carpenter ants leaving debris on the towels and floor. You had to run the tap for 5 mins to get hot water to the shower because " it's cold outside" was the response. Disgustingly dirty. My husband found a piece of someones weave/ wig beside our car. The continental breakfast at 7 am consisted of an apple and 3 mini bagels. No refund for online booking. We left after a measley 2 hours of sleep. I repeat don't get sucked into this one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank princess m
Stockton, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

What once was a dump, is now a decent place! Couldn't believe how the changes at the hotel became to this point; and it has changed bit different and much better than what it was before! Would highly recommend for several days or a short stay, when we arrived front desk was very helpful.. did i mention the price! You really can't beat the price per night for what should be more or less around over the eighty range and it is bit spanish look. beds are nog and comfy. The breakfast is ok/good they have variety cereals juices etc...but if you wish to have a full breakfast than I would advise you to go to a cafe in Hayward or somewhere in the Vicinity. Once place I ate was at the JD Breakfast and Sharis. The City of Hayward look much better than before and I am proud to stay in Hayward once again. I think I found a new place to stay when time approached. Another tip I like to add is the construction work that is happening on the road is very nice and lovely.

Room Tip: room have king beds and they do have digital cable first i have seen in hayward with this. also they...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank AlekandriaKlassSocc
Oakland, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

First of all there are people who live in this hotel permanately! This Hotel/Motel, has "NO" security or rules! During my Visity there where drug addic's, pimps, hookers and drug dealer's come throught the area, at all times of the night.. I woke up one morning at 2:30 a.m. to gangsters and hookers saying "b-word get in this room, hooker get in this room". Another male Hooker shut the blank up and get in this room! I honestly was scarred that they where going to break in my room and rob me, or kill me.. Only God Knows what high, drunk people like this do! or think in their own mind! I honestly do not recommend this place to the scum of the earth!!! I stayed in Baghdad Iraq for a year and a half and felt safer!!! PLEASE DO NOT GO HERE!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Larry M
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I can't really complain too greatly about this place as a freind of mine got us in cheap. I would however say that for the normal price they charge it simply is worth it. The rooms are good (for a 2*) and the hotel is clean and tidy, however, on one day we came back to the room to find that housekeeping hadn't been, Than later they showed and was very happy about the service. The staff are like odd and seem clueless but somehow figured out the obstacle I wanted them too. The breakfast is ok but recommend elsewhere to eat so go to Doug's cafe or Val diner instead if you want variety. I'm going back to Hayward in a few months and will stay again for the rate.

• Stayed February 2013
8 Thank Rogerlee750
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Holiday Inn Express Castro Valley - East Bay
Hampton Inn Oakland-Hayward
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
The Marina Inn on San Francisco Bay
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Hayward
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hayward Oakland Airport

Been to Budget Inn of Hayward? Share your experiences!