“Delicious food and good atmosphere”
Review of Charminar

Charminar
Ranked #10 of 44 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Charminar on Brighton Road may not be the best for parking, as you compete with the DVD shop next to it, but for food and atmosphere, it's great. The mango lassi is sweet and smooth, the chai has a very unusual, delicious almost smoky taste and the selections of wine is good too. I had the samosa for entree, they were crisp and quite chilli- laden but good- the onion bhajis were also pronounced very tasty by my friend. For main I had the butter masala paneer which was excellent, a really big serve and good, thick chunks of paneer in a creamy, tasty sauce. My friends had a rogan josh, a saag panner and two entree sized dishes, lamb chops and a chicken one for main and all were declared very good. Service is efficient and rapid and the restaurant has good music and overall atmosphere. Sure it's a bit of everything, not a regional restaurant that may specialise in southern Indian, for instance, but in all, it's a good place to eat.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

A regular stop for us while in the area, we had a lovely meal today with fresh flavours and good variety. The wine list is better than the usual Indian and the atmosphere is comfortable. Service was excellent, friendly and thorough. Worth a visit.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My friend and I visited the Charminar for lunch, which we found was exceptional, the menu was extensive, well priced, the food portions were a good size and the service was very good.
we both enjoyed all the dishes we ordered and found the variation in tastes enjoyable. They also have a good range of local and Indian beers - I do enjoy the Kingfisher from India.
The ambience was very good

Reviewed December 1, 2012

The food at Charminar Brighton is reliably good, although its not the most authentic Indian food I've ever had.
It has a pleasant, if not inspiring environment and is probably most suited to casual family dining.
The only complaint I had about our meal tonight was that someone in the kitchen had a young child with them, who was crying loudly for at least 15 minutes. Not conducive to a relaxed meal.
Still, it's worth a try.

1  Thank CosmicCarol