Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Travelers Inn(Lawndale)
View Hotel
All reviewsmanhattan beachbeautiful hotelmatisse restaurantold world charmcentral courtyardeuropean stylefree parkingfirst flooracross the streethigh ceilingslos angeleswould highly recommend this hotelrooms are spaciousfront desk staffdefinitely stay here againminute drivefree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Friends of mine from Australia came to LA and asked me to meet them for a visit, as I live in Pennsylvania. They apparently booked the hotel with me in mind and I just loved the place! The immediate area seems basic, but when I walked in the hotel I felt like I was in Europe somewhere. The décor reminded me of being in a castle, and it made me want to explore every inch, although I did not have the opportunity to do so. Lovely staircase, fireplace and cozy seating area in the lobby. A nice reading lounge nearby. Our room (322) was spacious, clean and the beds very comfortable. A refrigerator and microwave are always a plus. Nicely lit and spacious hallways. We had a nice courtyard view which has a nice seating area and fountain. The staff were friendly and accommodating. Its location near the airport is very convenient. I would definitely make it a point to return if I am ever in the area again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This was my 2nd time staying at Ayres hotel and I love this hotel. staff and services are always great. The décor is beautiful an the food at the restaurant is delicious. Ayres is always on the top of my preference list when looking for lodging.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2013

From the moment we walked thru the lobby doors we were greeted with smiling faces and a warm welcome. Once we made it to our room we were pleasantly suprised. Not only was the room large and spacious with very high ceilings but it was also nicely decorated. 10 minutes of being in our room and the front desk called to make sure everything was suitable, clean, and to make sure we were completely happy with the room. Our room led straight out to the courtyard via a sliding glass door. Beautiful and convienent. The entire staff of this hotel was very pleasant and helpful with EVERYTHING. From the front desk to the bartenders, the hotel shuttle driver to housekeeping... all great people. You all maintain a very good staff that all seem to be happy to work here and even happier to help the travelers. For the price of this hotel with the amenities provided as well as location it cannot be beat. After years of staying in and around Manhatten Beach we have now found our new home away from home.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker ask for a bottom floor courtyard room. This hotel always you to smoke in the courtyard instead of banishing you to the parking lot like alot of other hotels in the area.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This was approximately my 10th stay at the hotel and they continue to impress. Having stayed there as often as I have, I usually make my reservations through the sales department to get my company rate. This time was no exception. I have held business meeting in that past there but this time it was only for me and a colleague for a couple of nights with no use of the conference rooms. They still honored the negotiated room rate. This was the first time that I had been assigned a "standard" room. Quite often, they have put me in a suite type room. But the standard room was quite nice and there is absolutely nothing I would change. For the corporate rate, the price is comparable to the likes of Holiday Inn Express. For the quality of the product / property, it compares very well to the like of the Hilton, Sheraton, etc. Best of all, all of the amenities included (free internet, free phone, etc.) are included without additional cost. All in all, and as I have told the staff in the past, I will stay with them anytime that I am in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms that I have been in are good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Patrick M
Reviewed December 10, 2013

When I first made enquiries about staying, it was because I had a room already booked there for a group of us staying for business. I was now taking my family and asked to reserve an extra room with an adjoining door for the children. Due to the nature of the previous booking I was told it could not be guaranteed but they would do all possible.

Checked in and had the adjoining room and things only got better. The staff were incredibly helpful and really made us feel welcome. Any time we entered the lobby we were greeted in a heartfelt and friendly manner. The rooms were spacious and my architect partner loved the decor of the hotel. There was an issue with a faulty plug in one of the sinks and it was fixed immediately.

All in all the staff could not have been more helpful. The beds were comfortable. The location was very central and although right next to the freeway there was not even a hint of noise from the traffic. Guessing it was built (recently) in a very sound proof manner to ensure no disturbance was heard or felt from freeway.

I cannot fault the hotel at all and would really recommend to anyone who may be considering staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family