“Stayed 2nights”

Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hawthorne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights. Had to change rooms due to an elephant in the room above. Was kindly moved to an executive suite which was not what I would call executive. The suite was large and sparce furniture, also the furniture and the carpet were dirty, I would not take my shoes off! When we first walked into the hotel I was very impressed, but the rooms were a huge disappointment compared to the lobby. Gym was nice, food was ok at breakfast. Would not stay here again as is also right next to the freeway.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Rachel S.,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a candid review on TripAdvisor to let others know about your experience at our hotel. While we are pleased to see that you thought the grounds were exceptional, we are saddened to see that you thought otherwise of the room accommodations. We typically get great compliments on the decor and cleanliness, so we are deeply apologetic if you felt at all uncomfortable. We do hope you reconsider staying with us in the future and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Okay how shall I start beautiful hotel very clean not sure about the expectation of the staff the lady manger Christina on Sunday was extremely rude I'm not quite sure what type of expectations they hold for mangers but she was not accommodating at all. All I wanted was a towel I had to leave from my room because she did not pick up the phone for one for two she was talking to me as if I were a toddler I can understand she has other work to do but why work at a hotel as a manger if your going to be rude. But as long as she not working when you stay it will fine. This is my second stay there but never had this occur. Hope you guys have a better time than I did thanks everyone I'll tell my boss Hilton next time.

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank Anniewilson
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear Anniewilson,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a candid review of our hotel on TripAdvisor to let others know about your experience. Our sincerest apologies for the lack of professionalism and friendliness from one of our team members during your stay. At Ayres Hotels our motto is, "We care about people" so rest assured, I will be sure to reiterate this with the team. We do hope you reconsider staying with us in the future and again, our deepest apologies for the unpleasant service.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Whenever I travel to SoCal I always look for an Ayres Hotel.
The buildings of this chain are always clean, well maintained and are supported with a friendly staff.
This location has a truly stunning lobby (Wow! Am I actually staying here?!?!) and the rooms are large and well appointed. The breakfasts are hot and tasty, nothing out of a plastic bag or pre-portioned.
Free parking and easy access to the 405 make this hotel a find in the LAX area.
Did I mention the free WiFi?
Do yourself a favor, don't get suckered into "paying less" at the other hotels in the area only to get the privilege of paying for parking, WiFi and breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear T L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let others know about your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. Your compliments are greatly appreciated! We are so glad to know that you enjoy your accommodations when you come to stay with us and that you find all hotels in the chain clean and well maintained. Thank you for appreciating and noticing the true value of our hotel and recommending it to others. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Fantastic property close to LAX, Manhattan Beach and many other hot spots. The rooms are large and spacious. Very comfortable atmosphere within the lobby. The check in and check out was easy. Hotel staff was friendly and willing to see to your needs.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was my first time staying in this particular Ayers hotel. I have stayed in others. Every stay is a good experience. The staff is always friendly and professional. This hotel is really lovely. Clean, quiet, and visually appealing in every way. I ordered room service when I arrived, at 9:30 pm. The food arrived quickly and was delicious. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This hotel is a hidden gem in the Hawthorne/Manhattan Beach area. Nearby Manhattan Beach, Redondo or Torrance have a few decent hotels, such as the Marriott, Holiday Inn or DoubleTree, but Ayres gives you a totally different feeling. In some ways, you no longer feel like you are staying in a normal hotel. There is something special here.

We stayed at Ayres Manhattan Beach a few nights (we also had our wedding reception here) and everything was wonderful. The design of this hotel makes you feel like you’ve traveled back in time in Europe. So for a few days, you can feel like a guest in palatial royalty. The hallways are lined with artwork, chandeliers and antique decor. The rooms are spacious and our room (the executive suite) felt grand and it all came at a decent price, especially if you stay on weekends! This hotel is one of those strange positions, in which most of its business comes from business clients and guests so this makes the weekday MORE expensive and weekends LESS.

The hotel is only a a few minutes from LAX so it's very convenient though we wish there would have been a shuttle bus. The area surrounding the hotel is nothing special and may not be too safe night though you don't usually notice if just staying within the hotel walls. The restaurant is a bit expensive, but service and food are excellent. It was not very crowded ever except for breakfast when they lock the doors if you haven’t gotten there before the closing. It’s not a 5-star hotel buffet, but it is free and there’s a number of hot items so can’t complain. Parking is also free and plentiful, a number of times, we got parking spaces right next to the front. We would definitely come back to this charming, one-of-kind hotel.

Room Tip: compare weekday vs. weekend rates, seems that weekends are surprisingly cheaper than weekday rates.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2013

What a lovely hotel. The staff were so kind and pleasant. The decor was beautiful and classy and the room was very clean. The complimentary breakfast was unbelievable (sausage, eggs, fruit, pancakes, granola, etc). The hotel is a few miles from Manhattan Beach which was the perfect place to watch the sunset and stroll around. I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: The suites are unbelievable. Very roomy and elegant.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
Shade Hotel
#1 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach
#1 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne? Share your experiences!