“Loved it!”

Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hawthorne
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Hotel is beautiful. The staff is courteous, professional and attentive. Thank you Ian and Jairo for all your help! Thank you also to GM David Lagarce. We didn't meet however you approved special room rates for me. You should be proud of your entire team from The Front Desk staff, Restaurant staff to the Housekeepers. Your hotel is grand and magnificent!

See you next summer!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is the 3rd or 4th July beach visit with the Ayres. The front desk is always so friendly; the rooms are very nice with comfortable beds. We love the garden, fountain and pool; a great place to read in the quiet morning. Breakfast is great; scrambled eggs every morning for you Paleo lovers. It is a short drive to beach where there are miles of bike trails. And an added benefit to staying at the Ayres, Australian/New Zealand and South African Crossfit competitors were there all week with their svelte bodies!

Room Tip: We reserved a King suite and were upgraded to an Exec. which was a lot more spacious for a couple wi...
1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a professional workshop held in this gorgeous hotel. The rooms were very well appointed with comfortable beds and amenities. The complimentary breakfast offered a very nice selection of both hot and cold items. The menu also provided a nice variety with delicious choices, especially loved their fresh salads and the crab cakes! The only hitch was the break down in our air conditioning for the meeting room, but thankfully the doors could be opened for cool breezes. The decor of original paintings, classical music, and European atmosphere were a nice change of pace from the standard conference hotels. While no airport shuttle service, they do offer a free shuttle within 3 miles of the hotel which includes the Manhattan Beach. Very accommodating and friendly staff as well. I will definitely want to return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank OD4VT
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Ian is excellent and I would highly recommend this place. Ian was the best customer relations employee ever. He took really good care of me and made it feel like home. I would stay here again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

My stay on Mother's day weekend was as relaxing and pleasant as my first stay at this hotel. I was checked in to the room in the area of the hotel that I requested. The staff was once again welcoming and attentive and the stroll through the beautifully designed hallway to my room was reminiscent of visiting museums in Rome. When I opened the door of my room, I literally took a deep breath and sighed; anticipating the relaxing evening in the luxurious decor. I was not disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Outstanding service, Ian Romery's award winning attitude was a major reason my family and I opted to stay ay the Ayers two additional days. The suite we stayed in was very clean, the housekeeping staff was extremely friendly, and the free parking, Wi-Fi, & breakfast proved how important it is for this hotel to provide superior service. My next visit to California will include a stay in an Ayers Hotel.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently and must say we were very pleased with the Hotel. The Hotel has an ambiance which is more European then your standard American Hotel, which we both enjoyed. Our room opened onto an Italian styled courtyard with tables, a nice pool and a hot tub which we both used. They had a very nice breakfast buffet which was included in the price. We also had both dinner and room service and found the food and service to be first rate.
My wife mentioned to me many times how much she enjoyed the room, as I had to leave her there for much of the day when I left for business. She made full use of the courtyard and pool. There were a few small trees and shrubs that separated the pool from the tables in the courtyard giving her some level of privacy. In the bath area in the room there was a small refrigerator and microwave located under a marble counter top.
The hotel is located well off the beach but a shuttle was available to take guests there, though we did not use it. There are some restaurants and shops just across the street from the hotel and I felt very safe walking around the area
I would recommend this hotel highly to anyone who needs to stay in this area of the city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
The Belamar Hotel
#7 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
The Sea View Inn at the Beach
The Sea View Inn at the Beach
#2 of 9 in Manhattan Beach

Been to Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne? Share your experiences!