“Choose Ayres Hotel at Hawthorne/Manhattan Beach”

Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hawthorne
GreenLeadersGold level
Danville, CA
“Choose Ayres Hotel at Hawthorne/Manhattan Beach”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We spent the Easter weekend in LA visiting my son and girlfriend. Finally decided to choose the Ayres Hotel after checking on many other hotels. We chose Ayres Hotel for their great rates, free parking, complimentary buffet breakfast and large rooms. We've stayed here several times before and now realize that it's really a no brainer. I will not waste my time searching again when we come back to LA. It's central to everything, rooms are clean, breakfast is great and they have a very welcoming staff. We received a nice upgrade upon check-in so we were very pleased. We were also given the hotel fun facts flyer and were really impressed by the collection of original art work throughout the hotel, the 400 year old fireplace, sculptures and furnishings. I highly recommend this hotel, they have all the amenities you could hope for at an excellent rate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear eholmes17 -

Thank you so much for taking a chance on us! We appreciate your kind review and were honored to welcome you as our guest. How wonderful to know we made such an impression and provided a comfortable and satisfying hotel experience. We are especially grateful for your comments regarding the decor as the Ayres family took great pride in bringing a touch of Europe to Southern California. Thank you again for your review. We hope your travels bring you to the area again very soon.

Warm regards,

Dave Lagarce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Yet another great stay at the Ayres! Beside being a beautiful hotel, they really know how to provide great service. We arrived early (before 10am) and since there were no rooms immediately available, they held our luggage, and my wife and granddaughter went swimming while I went off to work. They were very accomodating and very pleasant to deal with. When I returned that evening, Ian took great care of me even though my wife had already checked in and was off somewhere with all the room keys (I didn't even know what room we were in!). Ian's attention to detail and willingness to help is execeptional. You won't find a better spot in the LAX area! A true special experience! Let me say once more how much I was impressed by Ian; he truly understands what service is all about!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our family of 4 just spent a night at the ayers hotel in LA . It was exceptional, the decor was beautiful, rooms beautiful clean very large. The breakfast was excellent it was like being in Europe. I wish other hotels take note, we would highly recommend this hotel. The hotel is located in a safe area with free parking

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Farmville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 25, 2013

After missing my Fri am flight from LAX, I decided to spend the nite near the AP, where I could spend the day shopping & visiting Manhattan Beach. This hotel met my needs @ $139. There is no complimentary shuttle. Taxi from AP was $20, & taxi to Manhattan beach was $16. There are restaurants & grocery stores across the street, & a mall between hotel & beach area. Hotel was clean & quiet, with large room. My only complaint is that I asked the desk clerk to call me a can to AP & he failed to do so. I guess this was a low priority to him, but I was in a hurry. I should have called the cab myself.

• Stayed March 2013
Oakton, Virginia
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I recently attended a wedding at this hotel, and was wowed. Beautiful hotel, lovely artwork, elegantly furnished bedrooms. The outdoor courtyard is charming, and the wedding reception food and service were outstanding. The exterior is unprepossessing but don't be fooled, the hotel is special.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 22, 2013

What a nice surprise! This hotel is a perfect 10! Look no further, its a great property at a very good price. Service, food, rooms , lobby, parking, location... and the list go on. This is MY hotel for LA. I will be back soon. Thank you!

Room Tip: Rooms at ground floor have high ceilings and if they are looking at the patio it feels like you are...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've stayed at the Ayres Hawthorne/Manhattan Beach several times in the last few months, both alone and with my family - must be 40+ nights. We love it.

Just 10 minutes to the South of LAX and close to dozen shops and restaurants The Hotel is great with comfortable and reasonably priced accommodation, and a great bar and restaurant. What separates this hotel from dozens of other hotels in the area is the style of the Hotel, the lovely external courtyard to sit in and enjoy BUT most of all the especially friendly and caring team that takes care of you throughout your stay.

A much better experience than any of the large chain hotels

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the courtyard on the 3rd or 4th floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
The Belamar Hotel
The Sea View Inn at the Beach
The Sea View Inn at the Beach
#2 of 9 in Manhattan Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Redondo Beach

Been to Ayres Hotel Manhattan Beach / Hawthorne? Share your experiences!