SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach
El Rancho Inn(Hawthorne)
$90
$75
Agoda.com
All reviewsmanhattan beachsofa bedyogurtsmall kitchenwaffle makeraviation blvdfree breakfastfree parkingenjoyed my stayconvenient locationmini fridgestayed one nightfitness centerrental carclose to the airportlaxsink
Reviewed December 8, 2008

I stayed 2 nights. Everything worked (as usual for a Marriott) but there was nothing spectacular as well.

The hotel is about 5 miles from the airport and easy to find near the intersection of Aviation/Rosecrans. Two buildings away is a Towneplace Suites. There are some shopping centers/restaurants nearby but not exactly walking distance. L.A. is just not very suitable for walking and you are probably better off with a car.

Check-in and check-out went smoothly and every staff member was pleasant and friendly.

The room was clean and everything worked as expected. Some of the furnishings were slightly worn. As a previous poster noted, the AC/heating unit is right next to the bed and quite noisy, but I slept well. I did not hear any outside noise, maybe because it was masked by the AC/heating unit. Although set up as a suite, it really is the size of a regular room. Thus, with all the furniture it felt a bit cramped and crowded.

The 2 mornings I went down for breakfast, all the tables were taken so I just took my food back to the room. Fairly standard Marriott breakfast.

For those who do not bring their own laptop, there is a terminal next to the front desk for guests to use. Although there is a sign asking guests to limit use to 15 minutes, I once waited 45 minutes in the lobby and the same guy would not leave. I finally gave up and came back later in the night to print out my boarding pass. About half the time when I wanted to use the computer someone was on it. I wish they had 2 terminals like some of the Marriotts I've been to.

There is an outdoor pool I did not use. There is also a small fitness room. Plenty of free parking.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank emdoc
Reviewed November 13, 2008

We have stayed at Springhill Suites Hawthorne a number of times, usually when we stopover from a long flight arriving in LAX. We choose this hotel vs other hotels near LAX primarliy because of the rate - usually around 99/night. Complimentary parking, breakfast and internet. Not too bad! The rooms come with basic amenities. There is a small kitchenette - ref, microwave, coffeemaker and sink. Only drawback is that there is NO bus shuttle from the airport to the hotel. We normally like to go around LA for a day or two everytime we stopover so it hasnt been an issue for us. Overall, an average hotel. Clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2008

Located only a few minutes from LAX and Manhattan Beach, this hotel could not be better sited. Add in free parking (a rarity in this area) and free breakfast.

Ask for a high floor facing North towards LAX as on the other side of the hotel are the Metra's shunting yards and there can be noise.

Our room had a microwave and coffee maker, although there was free coffee 24/7 in the lobby, where there was also complimentary wireless access.

Around the corner from the hotel was Trader Joes and a host of restaurants - not really walking distance though.

We had the AAA rate of $94 per night.

One problem - a group of teenagers had booked a room on our floor and in the early hours after making much noise, they had to be escorted from their room by the police.

Overall though, this is a great choice if you want a hotel close to LAX. As such it's also convenient for the freeways to get around town.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Leesw8
Reviewed November 7, 2008

usually when coming to LA, we like to stay over in the Anaheim/Buena Park area. But, we wanted a change this time.

The hotel is about a 5 minute drive from the car rental depot (just outside the airport). It is located on a main road, surrounded by industrial units and buildings.

Plenty of free parking on site, never had an issue whilst staying here.

Check-in quick and pleasant, and the rooms are of a very good size, with seperate lounge/office/kitchen/bedroom. Free breakfast is of a good standard with choice of waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, toast etc......

Only thing letting our stay down was housekeeping. They didn't bother to clean our room on 1 of the days, and they nearly missed us the next day (when we returned to our room ay 430pm to find them still cleaning rooms on our floor!).

Location for getting around LA is fantastic with all major interstates close by.

Paying $99 a night, we got a bargain and would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank darrylpmatthews
Reviewed August 3, 2008

We stayed at the Springhill Suites in Hawthorne for 2 nights. There were four of us sharing the room, my wife and I and 2 children. It's in a good location, far enough away from LAX and only about a 5 minute drive to Manhattan Beach, which is worth a visit.

The room itself is not very large, so it's not really a suite. The four of us could barely squeeze in once we opened the sofa bed. The a/c unit is right next to the bed, so the person sleeping next to it bears the brunt of the cold while the rest of the room is too warm.

Breakfast is served from 6am-9am during the week, which is fine. We went downstairs just before 8am, and there were no tables available. We waited for 10 minutes, and people were in no hurry to give up their table even when they finished. We finally ended up walking out to the pool and grabbing a table there to eat, which worked okay.

Overall, the stay wasn't bad, but I'd recommend Springhill Suites only if you can book for significantly less than Courtyard or Residence Inn (which are both nicer).

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business