Location is convenient to LAX and to the surrounding Manhattan Beach area. Just minutes from bustling Sepulveda Blvd with its restaurants and shopping. Room was clean enough.
I asked for a high floor room facing north (away from the tracks) and away from the elevator. I got a room about two floors from the top and only three away from the elevator, even though there were a good dozen+ rooms further in. I did face north and didn't experience any street noise aside from the occasional car locking up with a short horn blast.
The hotel must have been about 50-60% capacity (based on parking lot fullness at 7 am), so again not sure why I couldn't get a room further from the elevator (and I'm Silver elite which isn't great but it's something). Also not sure why they had to pack in the guests all next to each other (all of the units next to me and across from me were filled) when the hotel clearly had more space. I heard very clearly the conversations, bodily noises, door slams, and most of the movements on the bed of the room adjacent to me. Poor construction and poor assigning of rooms, in my opinion.
As many have stated, the elevators are awfully awfully slow, so take the stairs at either end of the hall.
Maybe this was an off-week for the property, but it sure didn't attract the highest level of guests the weekend I stayed. There were middle-aged men already fully drunk at 5 in the afternoon, holding beers in the elevators telling very crude jokes, and the elevator reeked of alcohol throughout the evening. I know the hotel can't filter out these guests in advance, so it just shows you what kinds of guests frequent here. Also, a lot of rough looking guests overall, many drinking and smoking around the property. Definitely not my usual Marriott experience. Fork over the money and stay in one of the nicer hotels on Century Blvd closer to LAX, the clientele are classier.
Breakfast was well stocked at 8 am on a Saturday and the dining area was surprisingly full of guests - I guess mostly tourists up early to explore the city. The turkey sausage patty looked very disturbingly grey/brown/dried up look/texture so I avoided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites hotel in Hawthorne, California, combines stylish décor with thoughtful amenities. Set in an ideal location just minutes from Manhattan Beach, Los Angeles and LAX Airport, our Hawthorne, CA, hotel features a reimagined lobby with flexible spaces to work and relax while taking advantage of our free Wi-Fi. Guests will love spreading out in our spacious Manhattan Beach suites while enjoying flat-screen TVs and bedding that complement the convenient luxuries such as mini-refrigerators, wet bars and microwaves. Comfortable beds with luxurious linens and piles of pillows make our Manhattan Beach suites the perfect place to wind down. Our hotel in Hawthorne, CA, provides guests the perfect start to every day with complimentary breakfast featuring a variety of fresh, hot and healthy options. An all-suite hotel infused with stylish spaces at an affordable rate, our Manhattan Beach hotel invites you to find the comforts of home on the road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Manhattan Beach - Hawthorne Hotel Hawthorne
- Springhill Suites Hawthorne