“Wake up early for free breakfast.”

SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Hawthorne
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wake up early for free breakfast.”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We got bumped from our flight at LAX, so we didn't get to the hotel till after midnight. The night clerk at the front desk was the nicest, and fastest person I've met. The room was clean and large, but only average in decor and comfort. We only had one problem. Since we were so late getting in, we didn't wake until 8:45, Immediately got dressed and went downstairs for our "free full breakfast" and everything was already put away. I feel jiped to pay nearly $200 for a room worth only $90, and not even get bkfast.

• Stayed July 2013
laxhw, Manager at SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for your review of the property and the nice comments you shared regarding the Front Desk staff and the hotel. I apologize that you were not able to get down in time to enjoy the complimentary breakfast in the morning. We recently updated our menu and the feedback on the new breakfast items has been very positive from our guests. For reference, our breakfast hours are 6 am to 9 am Monday – Friday and 7 am to 10 am Saturday & Sunday. In most circumstances, our staff is able to be flexible and keep some of the food items out past the scheduled closing time as long as it does not slow the clean up process of the breakfast area. I apologize if this was not made available to you on this visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Turkish first
New York, NY
Reviewed June 8, 2013

After a 6 hour flight with a 4 year old boy the greeting and check in I was given by Justin Tardo was exactly what anyone would wish for. Room was fresh with all the amenities I could ask for, comfy beds, free wifi with easy sign in, fridge, microwave etc. Breakfast each morning was very good with a very friendly staff. Room clean up schedule worked perfectly for us. Pool time was fun as was the 24 hour access to the gym. All in all when business or pleasure bring me back to the Hawthorne area there is no doubt that I will be looking forward to staying at the SpringHill Suites. Thank you to all of the staff there who made our stay all the more pleasurable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank julianmitch2
laxhw, Manager at SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of you experience at the SpringHill Suites. We are glad that you were completely satisfied with your experience and the service received from Justin and the staff. We will make sure your comments are shared in support of our service strategy at the hotel. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again on a future visit.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2013

When we first arrived they had no record of our reservation at all. Luckily I had a paper copy of our booking through Allegiant and they hurriedly inputted it in to their system. Good thing there were still rooms available!

The room itself was quite large and included a separate sitting area, desk and fridge/microwave. However, there was no door between the washroom sink area and the sleeping area, and our motion sensor light by the sink was malfunctioning and waking up my husband repeatedly during the night. After we complained they sent staff to fix it but the same thing happened again the second night. We complained again and asked for a refund for one night, which was refused because we had a third party booking. The Manager spoke to us and offered us Marriot points - when we got home we found out they were worth a single movie ticket admission! That's it. The rest of the staff in the hotel were very helpful and friendly but the Manager didn't seem to care at all and his version of compensation clearly reflects that. We will never stay here again due to the poor customer service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vancitytraveller1
laxhw, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of you experience at the SpringHill Suites Manhattan Beach. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. Since you booked your reservation through a 3rd party such as Allegiant, there is an additional step in the reservation process. The booking request goes directly to Allegiant and they must contact us to create the reservation based on the terms of their agreement with the hotel. Once they contact us with the request, we must build the reservation in our system. This can cause a slight delay for our staff to see the reservation in our system due to this extra step in the reservation process. I apologize if this was not completed prior to your arrival at the hotel. It’s unfortunate that we were not able to correct your issue with the bathroom motion sensor light after you first reported it to the Front Desk. An Engineer was dispatched to the room and he made an adjustment that appeared at the time to have fixed the issue. We do show that 7,500 Marriott Rewards points were awarded to your account for the inconvenience. At the time of your stay, this was equivalent to the amount of points needed for ½ of a room night stay at the property. While we do not recall an agreement for enough points for a full night reimbursement, we have added an additional 7,500 Marriott Rewards points today to increase the total to 15,000 points and enough for a full night credit for you inconvenience. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have stayed here many times over the years and not disappointed this time.

Rooms are clean and spacious and suit us for our needs. Less expensive than most LA hotels, with free WiFi, parking and breakfast. Easy access to the 405 and walking distance to shops and restaurants (safe are to walk about with crosswalks and sidewalks).

New washer and dyers help as there are now 2 of each so means less waiting for laundry.

Breakfast can be a free for all and we did skip it a few times as unfortunately some other guests do not have respect for anyone but themselves.

We did have to complain about noisy guests next to us a few times, but hotel staff were happy to help.

Check in was quick and so was check out we had no issues with housekeeping even when we left late a couple of days - our room was still serviced. We requested a high floor and we got one, in fact 5th floor, but we asked for the 6th which is the top to avoid any noise for above and this was no problem.

A big thanks to all staff for a lovely, relaxing stay. Especially Jason who remembered us from last time.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor for less noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
South East, England
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Had 3 nights stay here in August and was very comfortable.
Loved Manhattan beach and it being so near by car...
OK'ish breakfast - not a massive selection.
But overall rooms are nice and clean with all you need in them, fridges etc...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Enliven
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Con- resturants/food a good mile plus away. Can walk but better if had a rent a car.
pros- rooms are hugh. fit 6 girls in 1 room. bed are comfy. staff extremely nice and helpfully.
breakfast is good. oatmeal make your own waffles and bagels. Cups for juice are small.
Felt safe in hotel but little uneasy walking to resturant at night.

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I called hotel to confirm reservation; spoke with Brijette for dates arriving August 9, 2013 checking out August 12, 2013 made on Priceline.com. Brijette said there was no reservation for my name; after I told her my reservation was made on Priceline.com she said that those reservations are not guaranteed and that they were already sold out for that weekend. So, I emailed her while still on the phone with Brijette; confirmation from Priceline.com showing that the reservation was confirmed and guaranteed by their(SpringfieldHill Suites Manhattan Beach) hotel directly. She said that was weird because she makes all the reservations that come through Priceline. Basically, she admitted at being at fault for not making the reservation. Brijette quickly changed her tone to a more happy one and said she would be more than happy to help and fix this as quickly as possible. Brijette said to call same time tomorrow. Hour later I get a new confirmation from reservations@springhillsuites.com, BUT with the wrong dates. I call back; Brijette has already left for home. I am speaking with Adriana; I explained the whole situation over again to her, but Adriana said she could not help me and to call Priceline to make the changes. I told that I already was on the phone with Priceline and Priceline confirmed my dates for checking in August 9th out August 12. Adriana still kept on insisting for me to call Priceline to change the dates, but explained to Adriana how are they going to change something that does not need to be changed. So, I asked Adriana if I were to get a representative of Priceline on the line confirming my dates; would you be able to change it. Adriana said it would not be a problem. So, I asked her to wait on the line while I get in touch with a Priceline representative; once we were all conferenced on the call Priceline agent Jimmy confirmed my dates of Aug 9th out Aug 12. Jimmy and I asked repeatedly for Adriana to change the dates to the correct one but Adriana still refused. Adriana said she could not change the reservation?! I was like what?! I asked if there was anyone currently at the hotel that could approve the change while we have Jimmy from Priceline on the line? She said there was not. At this point I was already on the phone for over 2 hours to try to get this corrected. Then I asked Adriana if there was a manager on duty or a supervisor anyone... She said there was no one. I was flabbergasted; did not know what to do. I asked can you have someone with authority or a manager to give me a call in the morning. Adriana said no I cannot. Without asking she transferred me to the 1-800 customer care line. I had to repeat EVERYTHING of current experience and Devlon from customer care was still not able to help me after being on the line with Devlon for 25 minutes. So, a total of 2.5 hours wasted of my life including me writing this review. I tried going on their corporate site and talked to an agent through IM on https://www.marriott.com/suggest/suggest.mi but he was unable to help me as well and told me to call the customer service line. So, I finally was able to get hold of the front desk and talked with Elizabeth; explained my situation again, but she also told me she has no authority to change the reservation, but maybe the current MOD Justin might. Still waiting for a reply/response from anyone at the hotel that can help me with my current situation. I have also just emailed their GM with this review.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelingThrough66
laxhw, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for the review of your reservation experience. I apologize for the inconvenience with the confirmation process. The room inventory that was made available to you through Priceline was allotted by one of our 3rd party Wholesaler accounts. While they are an active account with the hotel to help promote our property, their agreement with us specifically states that they do not sell rooms through another online channel like Priceline as it only causes confusion to the customer and our staff. This is why you experienced such difficulty confirming your information after booking your room. For this reason, we are reviewing our agreement with this vendor and they will be removed from our system if they can’t comply with this standard. I was happy to learn that your reservation has been corrected by our Operations Manager to your preferred dates after your phone conversation with him this week. Once again, we apologize for the confusion and any inconvenience this may have caused. We look forward to serving you on your upcoming visit in August.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
The Belamar Hotel
TownePlace Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach
Manhattan Beach Marriott
Manhattan Beach Marriott
#6 of 9 in Manhattan Beach

Been to SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach? Share your experiences!