We stayed in this hotel 4 nights after a 3 night stay in another SpringHill Suite hotel in Irvine. I chose this hotel because it was close to the LAX airport and since we had a 7am international flight I didn't want to have to drive far so early in the morning. It is only a 10 minute drive from the airport yet we never heard any planes flying overhead.
The suite was clean and comfortable but smaller than at the previous SpringHill Suite. I don't know if there were larger rooms available because we were ok with what we had. The shower and toilet were separated by a door from the vanity sink which was nice for a family. There was a microwave and small fridge plus a sink and counter space to prepare food. We did order a pizza one evening and it was nice to have a place to serve and pour drinks.
The bedroom and bathroom was clean. The WiFi service was fast. The complementary breakfast was good with the usual eggs, sausage, breads, cereals, juices and a waffle maker as well. The dining room was large but did fill up quickly although we had no trouble getting a table in the mornings.
The hotel is close to a couple of large malls and we did some shopping at your standard stores. We drove to Santa Monica to pick up a bus tour. It took only 20 minutes to get there. It was easy to park in Santa Monica and then ride into the Hollywood/ Beverly Hills area on the bus. I heard it is hard to find parking in those areas and much further from Hawthorne as well. There are tour buses that pick you up directly at the hotel but we wanted to tour more on our own and it was nice visiting Santa Monica too! Another day we visited the California Science Center. There are many things to do close to the hotel and the front desk was very helpful, pulling out maps and giving suggestions. There are no restaurants within walking distance but by car there are many places nearby. You can also purchase microwavable meals and snack foods in the lobby if you are hungry late at night.
I am glad to recommend this hotel. We had a great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites hotel in Hawthorne, California, combines stylish décor with thoughtful amenities. Set in an ideal location just minutes from Manhattan Beach, Los Angeles and LAX Airport, our Hawthorne, CA, hotel features a reimagined lobby with flexible spaces to work and relax while taking advantage of our free Wi-Fi. Guests will love spreading out in our spacious Manhattan Beach suites while enjoying flat-screen TVs and bedding that complement the convenient luxuries such as mini-refrigerators, wet bars and microwaves. Comfortable beds with luxurious linens and piles of pillows make our Manhattan Beach suites the perfect place to wind down. Our hotel in Hawthorne, CA, provides guests the perfect start to every day with complimentary breakfast featuring a variety of fresh, hot and healthy options. An all-suite hotel infused with stylish spaces at an affordable rate, our Manhattan Beach hotel invites you to find the comforts of home on the road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Manhattan Beach - Hawthorne Hotel Hawthorne
- Springhill Suites Hawthorne