This was our 4th stay here - it is in a good location for travelling around LA with a car.
After our stay in 2011 we thought the hotel could really do with a refurb and this was why we thought this time stay somewhere else, but we found out that it had been refurbished so we booked it.
We stayed here one night and then went to San Francisco and then back for 4 nights before flying home. Our request for high floors was given each time which was great and on our second stay we had a slightly larger suite which we had never had before - it was above the lobby in the wider section of the building.
Our stay was good and real value for money and all the staff were helpful and friendly.
We only had breakfast one morning as we still think this could be improved - after staying at a Hampton Inn in SF the breakfast did not appeal to us and always finished at 9am whereas the Hampton was 10am. We went to local restaurants for breakfast.
Our room was spacious and clean don't get me wrong, but it was just attention to detail that lacked - yes I am comparing it yet again to the Hampton Inn. Just things like not replacing dirty cups or replenishing toiletries. One day we came back to dump stuff in the room before going out again and came back to find "Do not Disturb" on our door and note saying room not cleaned due to this - it was not our sign as ours was in the room - we still don't know who put it there!!!!! Was it a guest playing a prank or housekeeping not being bothered as the housekeeping lady outside our room was surprised when I confronted her with the sign, but told me to speak to reception. I went to reception to complain/enquire and they sent housekeeping up to do the room - the person who came was first class and I wish I had got her name as she knew how to clean a room - unfortunately this was day before we checked out.
One good thing they have brought back is that the coffee/tea is available later on too - it used to stop after breakfast!!!!!!!
Free wi fi
We would stay again as there are too many positives to outweigh the tiny negatives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites hotel in Hawthorne, California, combines stylish décor with thoughtful amenities. Set in an ideal location just minutes from Manhattan Beach, Los Angeles and LAX Airport, our Hawthorne, CA, hotel features a reimagined lobby with flexible spaces to work and relax while taking advantage of our free Wi-Fi. Guests will love spreading out in our spacious Manhattan Beach suites while enjoying flat-screen TVs and bedding that complement the convenient luxuries such as mini-refrigerators, wet bars and microwaves. Comfortable beds with luxurious linens and piles of pillows make our Manhattan Beach suites the perfect place to wind down. Our hotel in Hawthorne, CA, provides guests the perfect start to every day with complimentary breakfast featuring a variety of fresh, hot and healthy options. An all-suite hotel infused with stylish spaces at an affordable rate, our Manhattan Beach hotel invites you to find the comforts of home on the road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your SpringHill Suites Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Manhattan Beach - Hawthorne Hotel Hawthorne
- Springhill Suites Hawthorne