“Best beds ever!!”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hawthorne
Toronto, Canada
“Best beds ever!!”
Reviewed May 14, 2010

I had originally booked another airport hotel for our recent one night stay. But when I read the reviews for the Comfort Inn Cockatoo, I canceled the other reservation. I am so glad I did. This place was wonderful!!! Admittedly, finding a place to park the car while we checked in was a bit of a challenge as the street in front of the hotel is fenced off and the parking spots where we would have unloaded were marked no parking. The rooms are awesome!! They are larger than the normal hotel rooms, with very comfortable furniture. The bed was truly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in - even better than home!! There was a full sized fridge, microwave ,countertop burners, sink and cupboards in the room. The only strange thing is that there were no dishes or utensils available. I can see not having them in the room due to theft. But other places I have stayed at like this have a container with the basics that you sign out at the front desk. I would strongly suggest that this hotel do that as well. After all, how many people flying into or out of LAX are going to carry utensils and dishes with them?
We found the front desk staff to be very helpful. The breakfast room was of sufficient size that we were able to get a table to ourselves in the morning. The breakfast consisted of make your own waffles, cereal, juice, danishes,etc. It was all you really needed for breakfast. Parking was in a locked garage. Basically, this hotel was a real find. We are planning to go back to LA for a week in the fall and will definitely stay there. After staying at some real dumps, in questionable areas in LA, I'd rather stay here and drive to the tourist spots. This place was so quiet that we never heard a sound at any time. And the bed.....not enough words to describe how comfy it was!!The price was incredible too.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
usa
Reviewed May 4, 2010

The neighborhood is a bit scruffy looking but the area surrounding the three properties is safe and the Comfort Inn has a secured parking garage. The rooms were nicely decorated for this price point and they appear to be well maintained. The full size fridge, sink and cabinets were appreciated. Nice flat screen tv. Desk staff was helpful and respectful. We didn't use the shuttle but it does service all three hotels and is complimentary 24 hours a day. We also left prior to breakfast but our friends reported that it was a nice continental spread. The only downside was that the elevators were inconvenient relative to the location of our rooms. However, this building is from the original Cockatoo hotel and is a refurb so that would explain some of the quirky room layouts and proximity of the elevators. Bottom line is that this is a fantastic bargain for a lovely, clean, comfortable room within just a few miles of LAX. Glad we stayed here!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Perth
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Stayed 2 nights. Big, clean room with large bathroom. Free WiFi.
Free breakfast was great..cereal, coffee, pastries, fruit and waffles. Nice way to start the day.
Location is a bit strange, but hired a car so easy to get around. Close to airport AND FREE parking.
THE place to stay if you want somewhere near the airport.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed May 3, 2010

This hotel is only 1.1 miles away from the most nasty Comfort Inn if have ever seen. (Inglewood) This hotel is only 10 months old. Every room has a full kitchen, granite, big bathrooms, and a very nice staff. The pool faces the sun and is not blocked by the buildings. The security is always around and we felt very secure. They do have a secured parking garage that is a wise thing at no extra cost. We were only here for about 13 hours, but were very impressed.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta,GA
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I only stayed one night but was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is still fairly new (a year old). For starters, the hotel is not in the best of neighborhoods (not a bad neighborhood but one should definitely stay alert). The CI is located in a cluster of newly built hotels (and unfortuantely these hotels are the only NEW structures in the area). There is a Candlewood and Holiday Inn Express on the same grounds as the CI. The hotel is located in very convenient location (near freeway, shopping, fast food etc). The set up is kind of awkward...You walk in a breezeway than thru another door that goes to the front desk. You must walk back to the breezeway than around corner (which is an outside courtyard with the pool in the center), go thru another set of doors (which is where the lst floor rooms and elevator are located). It was very chilly at night so I didn't like walking thru the courtyard to get to my room. Once in the room, I quickly forgot all about awkward setup because the rooms were wonderful...Spacious, Clean, Fresh and Modern. I had a standard King room with small well appointed kitchenette included. Nice Flat screen TV, loveseat. The bed was very comfortable also. I will def stay here again. You more than get your $$ worth at this property. I left before breakfast so didn't get a chance to enjoy it. I did use the PC in the office area to print out my boarding pass and the PC and printer was very efficient and fast and free to use. As for the parking, the CI offers secured parking for your vehicles BUT you have to walk back out on the street to enter the hotel (instead of thru an entrance in the parking deck). I hated that part because as a solo female, I didnt' feel very comfortable walking to the front door (which isn't far at all from the parking deck but far enough to wish I had interior access to the hotel). All in all, I enjoyed my stay and I will def stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights from 12th April 2010 and we thought i was fantastic. We'd arrived from Hong Kong after a god knows how many hours flight and wanted somewhere near the airport for a few nights to relax until we picked up our hire car to do a Road Trip. This place was perfect!

The rooms were spotlessly clean, equipped with a hob, microwave, massive fridge-freezer etc... Everything you needed!

The staff were very friendly and helped us whenever we wanted anything and the free shuttle to and from the airport was very handy too.

Tops marks, keep up the good work!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Kitcat22
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I've reviewed several hotels, and this one stands up as the example of what a <$100/night hotel can and should be!!!
Really spacious king room with fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, even a kitchen sink! It's two or three blocks off the freeway, and quiet. There is a secure parking building, so you don't have to get into a broiling hot car.
If I was traveling with family/kids to Disneyland, this would be ideal for location, comfort and saving on dining out occasionally.
Kudos to the management and staff. Three thumbs up!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
LAX Area
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#88 of 350 in Los Angeles

Been to Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport? Share your experiences!