“Big, Clean, Super Value”

Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hawthorne
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Stayed 2 nights. Big, clean room with large bathroom. Free WiFi.
Free breakfast was great..cereal, coffee, pastries, fruit and waffles. Nice way to start the day.
Location is a bit strange, but hired a car so easy to get around. Close to airport AND FREE parking.
THE place to stay if you want somewhere near the airport.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport

Reviewed May 3, 2010

This hotel is only 1.1 miles away from the most nasty Comfort Inn if have ever seen. (Inglewood) This hotel is only 10 months old. Every room has a full kitchen, granite, big bathrooms, and a very nice staff. The pool faces the sun and is not blocked by the buildings. The security is always around and we felt very secure. They do have a secured parking garage that is a wise thing at no extra cost. We were only here for about 13 hours, but were very impressed.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2010

I only stayed one night but was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is still fairly new (a year old). For starters, the hotel is not in the best of neighborhoods (not a bad neighborhood but one should definitely stay alert). The CI is located in a cluster of newly built hotels (and unfortuantely these hotels are the only NEW structures in the area). There is a Candlewood and Holiday Inn Express on the same grounds as the CI. The hotel is located in very convenient location (near freeway, shopping, fast food etc). The set up is kind of awkward...You walk in a breezeway than thru another door that goes to the front desk. You must walk back to the breezeway than around corner (which is an outside courtyard with the pool in the center), go thru another set of doors (which is where the lst floor rooms and elevator are located). It was very chilly at night so I didn't like walking thru the courtyard to get to my room. Once in the room, I quickly forgot all about awkward setup because the rooms were wonderful...Spacious, Clean, Fresh and Modern. I had a standard King room with small well appointed kitchenette included. Nice Flat screen TV, loveseat. The bed was very comfortable also. I will def stay here again. You more than get your $$ worth at this property. I left before breakfast so didn't get a chance to enjoy it. I did use the PC in the office area to print out my boarding pass and the PC and printer was very efficient and fast and free to use. As for the parking, the CI offers secured parking for your vehicles BUT you have to walk back out on the street to enter the hotel (instead of thru an entrance in the parking deck). I hated that part because as a solo female, I didnt' feel very comfortable walking to the front door (which isn't far at all from the parking deck but far enough to wish I had interior access to the hotel). All in all, I enjoyed my stay and I will def stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 29, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights from 12th April 2010 and we thought i was fantastic. We'd arrived from Hong Kong after a god knows how many hours flight and wanted somewhere near the airport for a few nights to relax until we picked up our hire car to do a Road Trip. This place was perfect!

The rooms were spotlessly clean, equipped with a hob, microwave, massive fridge-freezer etc... Everything you needed!

The staff were very friendly and helped us whenever we wanted anything and the free shuttle to and from the airport was very handy too.

Tops marks, keep up the good work!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I've reviewed several hotels, and this one stands up as the example of what a <$100/night hotel can and should be!!!
Really spacious king room with fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, even a kitchen sink! It's two or three blocks off the freeway, and quiet. There is a secure parking building, so you don't have to get into a broiling hot car.
If I was traveling with family/kids to Disneyland, this would be ideal for location, comfort and saving on dining out occasionally.
Kudos to the management and staff. Three thumbs up!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2010

Hotel was fantastic . Comfortable , Clean , New , Secure and other great ammenities. Jason Hayman at the front desk was fantastic and took care of any of your concerns.
Kudos to Comfort Inn and the management and employees at this location for a job well done.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2010

On our way to Kona, we spent the night in LA. The hotel was only 6 months old, clean and secure. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel provided a light breakfast. The rooms were spacious and very nice. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank yasminealabbasi
Hotel_Care, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2010

Aloha
Thank you for the great review of the Comfort Inn Cockatoo near LAX Airport. We appeciate your comments and have passed them on to all our staff.
Glad you got to enjoy the free breakfast, I love the waffles myself. I hope you also got to use our complimentary LAX airport shuttle, business center and our swimming pool.

Tracey
Comfort Inn Cockatoo near LAX Airport

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
LAX Area
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#89 of 352 in Los Angeles

Been to Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport? Share your experiences!