“comfortable to stay”

Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hawthorne
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Comfort Inn is in the corner of their "hotel village" (three hotels, Holiday Inn, Hampton, and Comfort Inn groups together as a small village), so they looks up graded and very safe to stay. Parking is very convenient and safety. Shuttle bus taking care of you back and forth between the hotels and LAX airport is also very convenient. We love those conveniences. Comfort Inn is little old but they tries their best to keep it clean and comfortable for all their customers. Bathroom was clean, beds were clean which was very important to us. There was no problem for us either arrival or departure. Breakfast was OK but we had no complain. One down thought was we had to go through a small pathway, quite a distance, pass a pool with lot of people to get to our room from the lobby...For overall, we had a good and comfortable time to stay at Comfort Inn Cockatoo near LAX airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Ngoc-Ha N,
Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your overall stay. Though we are not the newest hotel in the area, you can always rely on our wonderful service and clean and comfortable accommodations. We hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to the Hawthorne area.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I book a room at this hotel every year for a week for the first week of July.
Unfortunately, this year the double rooms were booked out so I could only stay for 1 night at most.

Now that I'm done with the preface, let's get this review started.
When finally arriving and checking in at around midnight, the front desk associate could not have been any more pleasant. He was so nice and informed us of every thing without skipping a beat and sounded and looked as if he really cared and was there to provide us with a great service.

The rooms are spacious and clean and parking is free.
Now, seeing as how I've stayed here multiple times in the past, why wait till now to write a review?
I'm not exactly going into detail about the hotel itself but the service I recieved was so great that I'm dedicating this review to him. It was midnight so my party and I were tired which meant, unfortunately, we did not get his name but in all my years... he was that pro.

Needless to say I'll be booking this hotel next July once again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Phil D,
Thank you so very much for your generous compliments and for sharing your positive experience with our fellow travelers. My staff and I truly appreciate the recognition. We work hard to make each and every guests stay a fantastic experience and one to remember. I am so happy to hear that we have been able to make your stay with us here at Comfort Inn Cockatoo so enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back next July.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I needed a place to stay for my birthday since my extended family celebration was out of town for us, in LA. We chose this hotel because it had all the bells and whistles we require--free wi-fi, free parking, free full breakfast and a pool!--at the lowest price we could find, and some pretty high ratings here on TripAdvisor.
When we got there, we found our hotel nestled in a grouping of similar hotels sharing a parking garage, and that was fine. As the locked gate clanged shut, we commented that our car was certainly safe in there!
Our room was on the second floor, facing the pool and that was fine. We settled in then went right to the pool. On the Fourth of July, in the early afternoon of a very warm day, we were the only ones there, and we loved it. I read in a review here that there was a grocery store within a 5 minutes walk, and so we set out to explore on foot which was great fun, plus we had a full fridge and microwave for the goodies we bought. All the comforts of home!
Fireworks were visible from our window, so we did not even have to go anywhere special for that. The bed was exceptional so we slept very well.
The next morning, we enjoyed our free breakfast very much and checkout was nice and easy.
We loved this hotel and would recommend it to everyone. Thank you!

Room Tip: The rooms with the balconies facing the pool looked awesome.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cindil0uredhat

Dear cindilouredhat,
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with others. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us on 4th of July and I am glad to see that your stay was problem-free from start to finish. At Comfort Inn Cockatoo we strive to be your home away from home by providing our guests with warm and personalized service, clean and spacious rooms, and a delicious hot breakfast to get your day started. We look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Los Angeles

Reviewed July 3, 2014

When we opened the door we were surprised at the clean fruity smell. My son commented on how this was the first hotel room we had been to this whole trip (one month) that had a pleasant smell when we opened the door. This was a big room, two queen beds; it had a full sized refrigerator, a separate sink and plenty of counter space, a desk, table and chairs, a micro, coffee maker and a good sized bathroom. The beds were clean and comfortable with four pillows each. The staff was efficient, welcoming and went out of their way to make sure our stay was perfect. We needed a hotel to finish packing and relax before our flight and this hotel was ideal. Although we did not use it there is an Airport shuttle and a pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank HonoluluLocalgirl
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Dear HonoluluLocalgirl,
Thank you so much for your very kind review. It was fantastic having the chance to welcome you and show you how comfortable a stay with us can be. I am thrilled that everything from the service to the large, clean and comfortable rooms made your experience so remarkable. We do hope you will have the chance to visit again very soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

This hotel is close to LAX. It is clean, comfortable and has a friendly staff. I have stayed many times over the past 7 or 8 years. Over this time, however, it has begun to become a bit frayed around the edges. On my most recent trip, I found bathroom fixtures that were hard to operate, a kitchenette suite with no dishes or silver (I was upgraded to it because of my elite status with this chain). The breakfast room is very, very small and this hotel has many rooms. It is not a comfortable nor welcoming place. The breakfast is skimpy at best. The bread selection is truly sad (white bread, no bagels, packaged, greasy "pastries").

Biggest issue however is a change they have made to the airport shuttles. There are four hotels close to each other here in this slightly dodgy neighborhood. The shuttle used to take you to the front door of each of them. Now there is a single "station" which is about 75m (yards) from the Comfort Inn entrance. So, you now have to drag your bags across the street and down the sidewalk to get in and repeat this to catch the shuttle back to the airport. The "station" is in the full sun, the only place to sit is an outside area at one of the hotels that is their designated smoking area. If it rains, you're in real trouble. If you have a lot of luggage, you're in trouble. So, bottom line, driving to this hotel is fine, you can unload in front before parking. But, don't plan to stay here if are taking the shuttle and more than just a rollaboard.

Room Tip: All the rooms that I have stayed in are nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank RLaurenceDavis
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear NHGeoguy,
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay. We regret our shuttle service did not suite your travel well. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance as they give us opportunities to monitor and improve our service and accommodations. I want to thank you for mentioning some of the positives as well like our clean, comfortable rooms and our friendly staff. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed here when I needed an affordable hotel that was convenient to LAX for about a seven hour stay recently. I was driving in late from the south and flying out very early the next morning. Other than having a very hard time finding the car rental return lot, everything went very well.

The service was friendly and efficient and my room was clean, comfortable and quite large with fridge and micro. They have a 24 hr. shuttle every half hour to LAX, which I didn't need. The pool looked nice in the inside courtyard. Parking was easy and free in the unattached garage. The neighborhood might have been a little sketchy, but I felt perfectly safe. The garage is well secured for your car.

I can't speak for the breakfast, as I left too early, but I am sure it is the standard Comfort Inn fare.

Finally, this place is a great value, at a little over $100.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank J S
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear J S,
Thank you so much for such a fantastic and detailed review! Our staff works really hard to provide guests with an unforgettable experience at Comfort Inn Cockatoo, and I'm glad to hear that we were able to live up to your standards. Thank you for mentioning about the cleanliness of our rooms and the friendliness of our staff. They are certainly the highlights of our property. We hope to have the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

In the past, this chain has disappointed me. However, I must admit that I truly enjoyed my stay here.
Pros
Comfy Bed-REAL COMFY!
Free Parking (parking garage is NOT attached to the property)
Large Rooms
Full Size Fridge, Microwave, and Stovetop
Free Wi-Fi
Friendly Staff
Flat screen t.v.
Hotel Shuttle from Airport
Plenty of food and shopping in the area

Cons (Minor)
Fixtures had burn marks on them.

Read a past review of this place that stated that the neighborhood was bad. I didn't experience that at all, however I had a rental car and didn't have to walk anywhere except to the garage. It was shared with another hotel, it's a short walk and i felt safe at night.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear PrettyInPink18,
It was an absolute pleasure welcoming you as our guest. Thank you so much for choosing us for your stay and for sharing your experience with our fellow travelers. Providing our guests with the best, most helpful service possible, is our top priority as we know this makes all the difference to our guests. I am thrilled we were able to exceed your expectations. We are very grateful for your review and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
0 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne
Hampton Inn Los Angeles Int'l Airport Hawthorne
La Quinta Inn & Suites Inglewood
Candlewood Suites Lax Hawthorne
Crystal Inn Suites & Spas - LAX
Quality Inn & Suites Los Angeles Airport - LAX

Been to Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport? Share your experiences!