“Very unhappy customer!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Hawthorne
Carson City, Nevada
“Very unhappy customer!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I booked my room 1 king bed non smoking 3hrs before arrival from Priceline.com came in and the receptionist couldn't find me spent 15 minutes on the phone they faxed the receptionist a form and it took her another 8 minutes to check me in! Anyway I came into my room and the first thing I noticed was the stench of pee (like somebody urinated all over the carpet) I am not been exaggerated I am not sure if it was because of the AC been on. I called the receptionist guy on the lobby and told him I booked a king bedroom and I got a double bed room I ask him if there's anything he can do and he said no that's all we have everything else is booked with a bored tone in his voice!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Tania M,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please know that our management team reads each and every review, constantly looking for areas to improve our service and hotel amenities. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer exceptional experience to all of our guests. Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed here in December 2013 for four nights. Staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was good but could have had more variety each day. The kitchenette in my room didn't have any kitchen supplies such as plates, cutlery etc, which could have been provided. Overall I had a pleasant stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear traveller85London,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Cockatoo. We value your comments and are thankful you took the time to express your experience. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.
Santa Paula, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Well, I don't like giving negative reviews but feel compelled to be honest.This room was very clean but not very inviting. The television didn't work. The air conditioner was on full and the room was freezing (63 degrees). The man at the front desk was not very welcoming or helpful. He handed me 1 key and let me figure out the rest, like where is the parking, is there a breakfast area and where is it and most important, where is my room? I have never been greeted this way in a hotel. When we left we had to go into a parking garage that had a security code to enter. Only problem was that I didn't remember the code, we had just turned in the key to the hotel. Luckily a maintenance man was doing some work nearby and came to open the gate for us. He was the nicest person we had seen there. Think twice about this place.

Room Tip: Room with a working television.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Rose C,
Thank you for your recent review. I understand that it is a necessity to extend a warm welcome to every guest and apologize that the normal welcoming attitude of our front desk staff was not evident and caused dissatisfaction with our hotel. It is our goal to exceed our guests expectations in service and accommodations, so it is with disappointment that I hear how we've fallen short of that goal. Your comments have been shared with my team so that the appropriate changes can be made for the comfort of our guests. We hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior service and accommodations.
Lehi, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

We just needed a hotel close to LAX for one night before an early morning departure. One reason I chose this property is because it has an airport shuttle. We ended up arriving early in the day, and rented a car instead. There was a gated parking garage, which I thought was convenient.
* The front desk staff was very friendly, especially Vincent. The Housekeeping ladies were all smiles, and seemed quite happy. The hallways smelled very fresh and clean. I was impressed! There was a nice pool area, which we did not use.
There is a McDonald's very close by -- we walked there twice for our teenage boys. My husband and I left them in the room to play games & watch TV, while we drove to Santa Monica to sit down and eat at a real restaurant.
Overall, it was a good budget hotel stay. Wouldn't want to stay longer in that location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear HRSHYLVR,
Thank you so very much for your generous compliments. My staff and I truly appreciate the recognition. We work hard to make each and every guests stay a fantastic experience and one to remember. I am so happy to hear that we have been able to make your stay with us here at the Comfort Inn Cockatoo so enjoyable.
Melba, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Quick info about us: We are a family of four, husband and wife for 16+ years and twins (boy and girl born in 2001). Our daughter is the social butterfly, our son has autism (he is non-verbal, but loving and happy). Our travels are interesting because they always have the perspective of a family with a special needs child as a part of them.

We were gifted some buddy passes from a friend and a condo stay in Kauai by another friend for a much needed getaway. Flying standby (especially to Hawaii) is an adventure and you have to look at it that way to keep from getting stressed out! We ended up making our flights up to LAX, where we were unable to connect to any of the Hawaiian islands that night, so we searched for a good hotel (via tripadvisor) and ended up here at the Comfort Inn.

The Comfort Inn sent a shuttle for us and the driver was prompt and kind and helpful. The hotel is in an interesting/diverse neighborhood, but the hotel itself feels very safe and the staff were kind and helpful. The front desk help, when they heard about our son's autism and not being able to share a bed with his sister, offered us a roll-a-way bed free of charge (which came in handy). The room was nice and clean, the pool was chilly but refreshing (our boy loves to swim), and the room was quiet and a great place to get a good night's sleep. The shuttle was ready the next morning as promised and we were able to make our flight to Hawaii in the morning.
The only negatives for this hotel are that the neighborhood doesn't feel like the safest if you have to walk the half mile or so down the street (especially alone) to a store to pick up supplies (we were missing some of our luggage). But it is not the hotel's fault, just something you should know. I walked to the store alone and didn't feel in danger or anything like that, but I wouldn't have allowed my wife to walk that stretch alone.
With that in mind, I give the property a 5 star rating for being what it is, a two star, great, clean, comfortable place to spend a night near the airport (via shuttle) when needed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Hoofers,
Thank you so much for such a detailed and wonderful review. Our complimentary 24 hour shuttle and our courteous and helpful staff are two of the things that make our hotel so special. I'm delighted to know that our dedicated team were able to "wow" you on your recent stay. Thank you for giving us the pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Location is ok, but it is a pain that the parking is on another building.

Don't be fooled by the lovely kitchenette on the pictures: they DON'T work, the cooktop is only for decoration purposes. If you plan to cook your own meals, keep searching...

Breakfast area is always crowded, tables aren't enough for all guests. All the employees are super great, very helpfull and educated.

What makes me rate TERRIBLE? Well, I booked 1 day plus stay by mistake, and they told me at check out to talk to Agoda for a refund.
I talked to Agoda after I came home, and they told me after several days the hotel refused to refund.

What can I say? The hotel is nice, but I will never going back there. I know it is my mistake, but is it really honest to keep that money?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear DuduSP,
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Cockatoo for your stay near LAX. While I am pleased you found our employees to be helpful and educated, I am sorry if we fell below your expectations due to the room or accompanying amenities.Thank you for your review it enables us to focus on areas of improvement so that we may continue to provide excellent service and a comfortable stay.
São Paulo, SP
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

I was at the hotel for 2 weeks last December and the facilities are ok but I reserved because it had a cooktop as I saw in the webpage. After my arrival I tried to use it and did not work, called the front desk and the answer was amazing: none works because are not installed to work.

And as I prepaid for 2 weeks and by mistake paid and reserved for one day more than needed, in the front desk told me to go to the company that I used to reserve (agooda.com) and they tried but the answer was that they are not going to refund me.

FOR THESE 2 THINGS I DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL

Room Tip: Upper floors away from laundry room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alberto M,
Thank you for your feedback. We value you as our guest and we are deeply sorry for any inconvenience you might have experienced during your recent stay. Please be aware that all of our rooms come with large refrigerator, coffeemaker, microwave, kitchen sink but no stoves. I also want to kindly apologize about you not being able to cancel one night, but please be aware that different third party websites have different cancellation policies. Please be aware that we have a very lenient cancellation policy when you call the hotel directly to book your reservation.
We hope you give us another opportunity to provide you with excellent service.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
LAX Area
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport

Been to Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport? Share your experiences!