“I will never go back there”

Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hawthorne
Sao Paulo, SP
“I will never go back there”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Location is ok, but it is a pain that the parking is on another building.

Don't be fooled by the lovely kitchenette on the pictures: they DON'T work, the cooktop is only for decoration purposes. If you plan to cook your own meals, keep searching...

Breakfast area is always crowded, tables aren't enough for all guests. All the employees are super great, very helpfull and educated.

What makes me rate TERRIBLE? Well, I booked 1 day plus stay by mistake, and they told me at check out to talk to Agoda for a refund.
I talked to Agoda after I came home, and they told me after several days the hotel refused to refund.

What can I say? The hotel is nice, but I will never going back there. I know it is my mistake, but is it really honest to keep that money?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear DuduSP,
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn Cockatoo for your stay near LAX. While I am pleased you found our employees to be helpful and educated, I am sorry if we fell below your expectations due to the room or accompanying amenities.Thank you for your review it enables us to focus on areas of improvement so that we may continue to provide excellent service and a comfortable stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
São Paulo, SP
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I was at the hotel for 2 weeks last December and the facilities are ok but I reserved because it had a cooktop as I saw in the webpage. After my arrival I tried to use it and did not work, called the front desk and the answer was amazing: none works because are not installed to work.

And as I prepaid for 2 weeks and by mistake paid and reserved for one day more than needed, in the front desk told me to go to the company that I used to reserve (agooda.com) and they tried but the answer was that they are not going to refund me.

FOR THESE 2 THINGS I DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL

Room Tip: Upper floors away from laundry room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alberto M,
Thank you for your feedback. We value you as our guest and we are deeply sorry for any inconvenience you might have experienced during your recent stay. Please be aware that all of our rooms come with large refrigerator, coffeemaker, microwave, kitchen sink but no stoves. I also want to kindly apologize about you not being able to cancel one night, but please be aware that different third party websites have different cancellation policies. Please be aware that we have a very lenient cancellation policy when you call the hotel directly to book your reservation.
We hope you give us another opportunity to provide you with excellent service.
USA
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had a nice stay.
Customer Service was something that stood out to us.
The property appeared to be well kept and maintained. I think they had a renovation recently.
It was for one night before we flew out of LAX airport. We would go back when we're in the area again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear _Mundo_Traveler_11,
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. We are thrilled to know you had a memorable experience. Our staff from housekeeping, maintenance, breakfast and front desk all work very hard to deliver a personalized and memorable experience to every guest. In your case, I'm pleased to know that everything was to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Hotel is very close to the rental car location pickup. The area is not that freat, BUT the hotel and the rooms are very nice, clean and comfotable bedding. My room had it's own refrig and microwave which was an added bonus. Walls are very thin though, staying here and trying to sleep in was completely impossible, other guests were very rude and noisy, which sucked due to the fact I had a very late flight leaving out that same evening; woke up at 0500 and unable to go back to sleep.

Breakfast was very nice, and a wide variety of food to be had. Parking was safe as well, with its own gated parking garage.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear tammyBaltimore_Md,
We appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to welcome you to the Comfort Inn Cockatoo. How wonderful to know that our clean and comfortable rooms, and our delicious breakfast provided such an exceptional value. Thank you for your kind review and please consider us the next time you are in the area.
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed there twice on our way to and from New Zealand from Florida. We were quickly checked in by Erica who took the time to give us directions to Manhattan Beach as well as make recommendations for local places to eat. Our room #215 overlooked the pool, had refrigerator, coffee maker and hairdryer. The hot breakfast was among the best I've had in a chain, although the doors were left open on a chilly morning?. The room was clean and quite comfortable. On the morning we were heading home we were given a baggie with a bagel, cream cheese and a plastic knife to hold us over. I'd highly recommend this place!
Ron

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 99flyboy,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We relish the opportunity to provide our guests with comfortable guestrooms and accommodating service, so it means a great deal that you found these aspects of your stay so exceptional. We hope to welcome you back very soon.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 19, 2013

If you're not looking for a 5 stars hotel then this is for you. This is my 3rd time here and I'm please with the hotel. The room is clean. The bathroom is a little outdated and the water pressure is weak. The only gripe I have is the wifi is super super weak. You will not be able to connect at all. Other than that I paid 78 usd a night. Not much I can complain about the price I paid for it.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear grasshopper1984,
Thank you so much for your feedback. Please know that our management team reads each and every review, constantly looking for areas to improve our service and hotel amenities. I have discussed your comments with our maintenance team regarding the issues with the water pressure and wifi signal. Thank you for mentioning some of the positives about our hotel like the room cleanliness. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the Los Angeles area.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Was only here for one night prior to flying out of LAX. Was very happy with our choice of hotel. Free Wifi and continental breakfast.

Room was great - clean, spacious and bed was so comfy.

Staff were wonderful and friendly.

Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear EmilyP1980,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our fellow travelers. We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn Cockatoo near LAX Hawthorne. It was a privilege to serve you. We hope to welcome you back very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
LAX Area
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#82 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport? Share your experiences!