“Will stay again :)”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hawthorne
San Francisco, California
“Will stay again :)”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

The name of the hotel caught my eye when I was making the reservation. Of course, when I booked it, I wasn't expecting much (The rate I was paying was pretty cheap) -- you get what you paid for right? I wasn't really fond about the shuttle because my friend and I had to wait for 20 minutes for them to pick us up. But it's complimentary so whatever. The room was just as I expected with a lot of spacious area. And free parking -- can't beat that! The breakfast was definitely fulfilling as well. Overall, it was a nice visit. I would love to stay here again :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear mscarms,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with others. I'm glad you found your overall stay enjoyable. We greatly appreciate any feedback from our valued guests, like you, as it gives us opportunities to monitor and improve our service. I want to kindly apologize for having to wait 20 minutes for the shuttle to pick you up, but please take into consideration that we are three and a half miles from the airport, so usually 20 minutes is the approximate wait time for the shuttle depending on the location of the driver. We are looking forward for your next stay with us, hoping to make it even better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed at this Comfort Inn while we were in LA seeing Simple Minds. It's tucked away on a side street & if we didn't have handy GoogleMaps, we'd never have found it

Rooms are ginormous w/ a full kitchen - no lie. Full! Large fridge, microwave, proper stovetop, sink w/ disposal.....eveyrthing! Too bad we were only here for like 12 hrs!

Beds were comfy, pillows too & didn't hear our neighbors

FREE PARKING AND WIFI

Oh, and did I mention they also serve FREE BREAKFAST?? We didn't get to indulge as our flight was 6am but good to know for next time.....

B/c we'll definitely mark this for our next LA jaunt!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear wanderlust s,
I would first like to thank you for staying with us while you were in the LAX area. We know you have a lot of options for lodging and we appreciate you choosing the Comfort Inn Cockatoo near LAX Hawthorne. I'm pleased our added amenities like our free parking, free Wifi and our comfortable beds added such a great value. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our fellow travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Breckenridge, Colorado
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. Room was large and comfy. Small kitchen with full fridge, micro and small Cook top. (Cook top was not wired and no dishes) Pool was very clean and breakfast was OK but not enough seating. Ride to and from airport was fast and easy. We stayed on 1st floor that had window view of a wall....but some rooms have pool/courtyard view. Pool and courtyard were very nice. Only downside was very slow internet. I will recommend this hotel for overnight or even a few day stay.
My suggestion for them would be to finish wiring the stoves, provide some dishes and maybe have the staff a little more educated on the local area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Matthew M,
Thank you so much for not only staying with us but also for taking time to share your experience with others. I am glad to hear your overall stay was enjoyable. We greatly appreciate any feedback from our valued guests, like you, as it gives us opportunities to monitor and improve our service. We look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you to the Los Angeles area.
Toronto
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night and we have no complaints! Our check-in was quick. Our hotel room was clean, big and well furnished. After we reached our room, we got a call from the Front Desk asking us if we had found everything alright and if we had any questions. My husband is a Platinum member, so they even gave us a special member package which included extra toiletries for our use. The hotel also has a big pool, but unfortunately we didn't get a chance to use it. The breakfast area is nice as well. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TravelwithDS,
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! I have forwarded your comments to our staff, and we are all very grateful for such fantastic feedback about our service. All departments - from housekeeping, maintenance to front desk and breakfast personnel - work incredibly hard to create a warm and memorable experience for every guest.
Thank you for inspiring us to do even better.
Gloucester Point
Reviewed October 19, 2013

A great place to stay at LAX. Quiet section but only a few miles from the airport. Big rooms, clean, comfortable bathrooms, large TVs, free breakfast, free WiFi, PC in lobby to print boarding passes. We payed about $100 for our room this week. Friendly staff

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank wff5
Dear wff5,
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to welcome you. I am pleased to hear that our location, big rooms, and friendly staff added such great value to your hotel experience. Your recommendation is most appreciated and we hope you will come back to visit us soon.
Montreal
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed three nights while touring Los Angeles. Difficult to find - off side street off Imperial Hwy - sign needs to be more prominent.
At first look, did wonder, but once in hotel, it was very, very pleasant.
The room is large, has a fridge, and microwave, and a little bonus of a whirlpool tub. Parking is in adjacent garage - very convenient and off the street.
Breakfast needs some work though. We found this breakfast to be at the bottom end of Comfort Inn breakfasts. Hot items were not hot- items were not replenished in a timely fashion-choices limited. It is supposed to close at 9:30, but the attendant starts closing and putting things away at 9:10 - not good!
There is no business center as such - just a stand up computer in the lobby. And they need to put a sign up that you have a 10-15 minute time period. The clerk at the front desk did not say anything to a user who was using the computer with his friends (and only telling his friends of sports scores) after a lengthy period. The clerk finally asked me what I needed and he printed out directions for me. This was nice, but something should have been said to the user.
Otherwise, a comfortable stay. The hotel is spotless and the pool area lovely.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Calnev,
Thank you for taking time to post a review about your recent stay. We strive to provide every guest with above average experience. Needless to say, I'm less than thrilled to hear that your stay was not superb. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for the issues that you encountered during breakfast and with the lobby computer. I have shared your feedback with our team to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. Thank you for also mentioning some of the positives about our hotel. We hope we can make your stay more enjoyable next time you find yourself in the area.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My family and I had a layover and we arrived on an evening flight. We were able to walk to the McDonald's for a bite to eat. There were other restaurants within easy walking distance as well, but with our 2 year old in tow, Mickey-D's was the best option for us. The hotel was in a very quiet location and was clean. The breakfast buffet in the morning started early, which is great for travelers with early departure times and the shuttle was right on time to take us to the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dakota_Traveller2013
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Dakota_Traveller2013,
We appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel. How wonderful to know that you found our rooms quiet and clean and our 24 hour courtesy shuttle added such an exceptional value. Thank you for your review and please consider us the next time you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
LAX Area
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#88 of 350 in Los Angeles

Been to Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport? Share your experiences!