All reviewsfull size refrigeratorfree shuttlewafflescul de sacfree breakfastother hotelskitchen sinkparking garagehotel is locatedroom was largenice poolsausagelax airportlong flightfresh fruitwould stay againshuttle service
Reviewed September 17, 2012

As a handy stopover for LAX, we found this hotel very good value for money. Huge room, free secure parking, free wifi, free breakfast which hit the spot. Staff friendly and helpful. One minor point would be gloomy lighting in the room. Would return...

Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Julie B
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This place is great, a must stay if you fly in and out of LAX as its only blocks from all the car rental return places and LAX. The heated pool was great, the balcony rooms overlooking the pool were great, and the rooms had full size refrigerators, sinks, and kitchen cabinets. Bathroom was great, room was great, employees were helpful and on the spot on everything. Covered garage parking with coded gate entry.

Again, if you fly in and out of LA you should stay here.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Not quite "decent" or even average. Managed to stay one night in a somewhat clean king room - stained chair and not thoroughly cleaned toilet. Hotel iron spit water all over my clothing. Hotel food, well, found something that felt and looked like a fingernail in my food. So glad that I did not confirm that it was a fingernail...it was a bit dark in my room and I didn't have on my glasses and I was grossed out enough already...spit it out and left the hotel - disgusted. Stay away from free breakfast buffet. Also, room was on first floor right near pool so that those sitting at outside tables could see directly into the room - they were too close to the window. The hotel is located at the end of a deadend street, so there is little room to turn around to find parking to go and check in when it gets busy there since there is not enough "check in" parking. Parking lot structure sucked cause you had to use the little ghetto code system which was difficult to pull up close enough to without getting out of the car, and its located down the block from the actual hotel with no entrance directly to the hotel. So be prepared to haul your stuff a distance out of the parking structure, down the street and across the hotel when you go to your room. The more convenient lot across the street appeared to be for employees or another hotel across the street. Rooms have below window unit air (very noisy). Not a good area, but hotel "security" was evident going up and down the block of hotels. Other hotels on that block were probably much better. I didn't complain and I know, I should have. I was just so disgusted by the place that I couldn't get out of there fast enough and the 5 more minutes complaining would have taken would have prolonged my stay way too long. Also, complaining would have made it all too real - I could just leave, try to forget and tell myself it was all a very bad dream. That's it, it was a bad dream. I should never have stayed there. I'm used to better - much better.

Room Tip: To choose a good room - stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Had a nice stay, would return if visiting the area in the future.

* Did not get a room over looking the pool - - Because when I arrived, it was explained that those rooms only have (1) bed in them (I was staying here with my brother and sister-in-law). It would have been helpful if they had mentioned that on the phone when i called.

Anyway, we had a nice stay and enjoyed ourselves.

Room Tip: If you only need one bed, definitely choose one overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This is a decent hotel in a somewhat iffy neighborhood near LAX. It's a decent place for a nigh'ts rest and the rooms were large with comfortable beds but somewhat worn furnishings and carpets. Actually it seemed pretty dark in rooms but we didn't spend to much time there. The pool in the courtyard is a nice smaller pool and breakfast was in a quite crowded breakfast room off the pool. There are several restaurants of various types in the area ranging from McDonalds to several ethnic places. Security was evident throughout but in some ways it felt kind of like staying in a fortress. Honestly I'd go back only if just looking for a place to sleep at a reasonable price. I wouldn't stay ther if I was planning on spending much time in the room or at the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends