All reviewsfull size refrigeratorfree shuttlewafflescul de sacfree breakfastother hotelskitchen sinkparking garagehotel is locatedroom was largenice poolsausagelax airportlong flightfresh fruitwould stay againshuttle service
Reviewed August 17, 2012

First stayed here two years ago and have been a frequent guest ever since. Have stayed at four other hotels near LAX but this one is the BEST in every respect!! As the name suggests, it is definitely "COMFORT" at it's best. Rooms, service, location, price, cleanliness, ambience, the list goes on...this is the place to be whether it's overnight or a few days.

Free parking, friendly and helpful staff, delicious buffet breakfast are all exceptional. My last stay I had an early morning departure out of LA and the reception staff was very accommodating - he even packed us a breakfast! I can go on and on but I believe most have already commented on the positives. In a nutshell, I would recommend this to anyone. My family and I are life-long guests here for sure as long as all remains the same...or better!

Lastly, just want to thank Fiona and Erika at the reception for their excellent service...KEEP IT UP LADIES!

Room Tip: Laundromat is on top floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Not knowing where to stay while visiting LA with our family for two days, we referred to Trip Advisor to guide us. This Comfort Inn got good reviews; although we doubted those reviews when we approached the neighborhood, we soon realized how wrong we were to doubt! This hotel was clean, spacious, and very secure! Our car was parked in a gated lot and the rooms were only accessible with our key. Our room was spacious enough for 5 people with a roll a way, a full refrigerator, a large bathroom, and kitchenette, all at a reasonable rate. Breakfast each morning was awesome...cereal, fresh waffles, eggs, potatoes, sausage, fresh fruit, etc. Easy on/off the freeway was a bonus!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel does not look it, but it's a diamond in the rough. The area some say is "bad" but it's not very bad at all and is pretty decent, just don't be dumb.

The staff was excellent at the hotel and the only complaint I have is the design of the hotel, but that's about it. The rooms are excellent, bed is super comfy and they have decent wifi speeds (when working, it died on me when I checked in). I asked about the wifi, and they already had a call into their support. By the time I returned from getting food (about 10 minutes), everything was up and running.

The parking is in a neighboring garage, which is nice and secure and shared with another local hotel. The hotel also uses the new RFID keys, so no sliding the room key and hoping it's coded. Just a swap near the door and the lock unlocks. I WILL return to this hotel on my next visit to SoCal.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Just tried to make a reservation and requested Hotel and Parking program. After getting confirmation, I told the reservation agent that I will be flying out the next day and returning the following week. I wanted to find out what the charge was for 1 extra day of parking. I was told that the Park and Fly program has been cancelled. Apparently she thought I was talking about parking for the night of stay. Parking is $15/day. Reservation was immediately cancelled.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank workingmom42
HIELAXHB, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately we do not have park and fly package in our hotel any more due to high occupancy. But, you can use our parking structure for a minimal parking fee. Please remember that we have complimentary parking for all guests.
Thank you for your consideration.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed for two nights at this hotel, it's very close to the airport and car rental! The room was super clean and free parking in the garage was very convenient! Room has a kitchenette with microwave, fridge, stove, coffee maker but unfortunately no silverware or dishes, except for plastic and foam cups. Some reviews say the area is sketchy, but I didn't feel that it was at all. There's a lot of people in LA, so there are lots of people walking in the area, but there's nothing sketchy about that! I had seen security around the area of the hotel, but the hotel itself is quiet! I didn't get up early enough to try breakfast, but it was also included! Hotel staff were nice and welcoming! I would def stay here again if I'm in the area!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank S S

Thank you for your nice review. There is nothing better than reading all these excellent reviews about our hotel.
We are looking forward for your next reservation.