All reviewsfull size refrigeratorfree shuttlewafflescul de sacfree breakfastother hotelskitchen sinkparking garagehotel is locatedroom was largenice poolsausagelax airportlong flightfresh fruitwould stay againshuttle service
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Have been staying here monthly for two years. It is always clean, secure and
pleasant surroundings. All the staff are very accommodating, in every way.
The hot breakfast is plentiful, with great choices. The rooms are clean and
oversized, with microwaves and large refrigerator, the beds very comfortable.
Lots of eating places. Hula Hula has excellent Hawaiian food within walking
distance. Also El Polo Loco and McDonald's close and shopping with other
restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Very accommodating for travelers with airport shuttle. Close to Los Angeles airport.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dorothy P
HIELAXHB, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

Thank you for your friendly comments. I am very happy to read of your satisfaction, your support and loyalty means a lot to us.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

If you look for a "no frills" hotel close to LAX, perfectly clean, with large well equiped rooms (kitchen), a clean heated pool and a safe locked parking, you have it here. Good bedding and breakfast included. WiFi works well. The surroundings are ok at daytime but subject to some precaution at night! We stayed there twice and were totally satisfied. No restaurant. Shuttle to/from LAX.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank akhenaton2
HIELAXHB, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am very happy that you had a good experience in our hotel. There are plenty of dining choices nearby: El Torito, Chips restaurant, Chili’s and many chain restaurants. There are also great shopping malls a few miles from our hotel like South Bay mall, Del Amo mall and Manhattan Village. If you are a fan of Los Angeles beaches, do not forget Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Venice Beach and Santa Monica Beach. All these beaches are within 20 minutes drive from our hotel. We are looking forward to your next reservation.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

We needed to stay near Los Angeles Airport for an 8 AM flight back to the east coast. We carefully researched TRIPADVISOR and were not pleased with the descriptions of the "major" hotels at the airport, such as Marriott, Hilton, etc from airplane noise problems, to much worse.
The reviews on Comfort Inn were all very good or excellent and we confirm that this is a great place to stay. The room was spacious, the bed VERY comfortable, and there was refrigerator, and microwave for folks who wanted to stay at this locale and do day trips. The shuttle from the hotel to the airport takes about 15 minutes and left just when they stated it would, at 6 AM and continues to do so every 30 minutes. Don't expect a vast lawn or grand lobby but you will find good , comfortable rooms at a very reasonable rate, close to the airport.
On top of everything, the hotel's rates are VERY reasonable and they honor AAA and AARP discounts.
They state that they have a continental breakfast but we left before it was served, so if there is any criticism it would be that they should start serving earlier for those who need to catch an early flight. There is an outdoor heated pool as well, to provide some nice "down time". We ate in a nearby diner called "CHIPS" , which was recommended by the Comfort Inn Staff. Chips was fine and fairly reasonable.
EF

Room Tip: We arrived early and asked for a very quiet room and were given the top (3rd floor).
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

We are pleased to read about your satisfaction. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. On your next trip please remember that we offer grab and go breakfast for those guests who have early flights. Besides there are some snacks and coffee in the lobby at all times. Please like our Facebook page to learn more about our property.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I flew in at midnight, called the hotel for a pick-up and the free shuttle was there a few minutes later to pick me up. The staff on check in were nice and the room was huge! Very comfy, lovely rooms, beds and bathrooms. The free breakfast in the morning was just great, very substantial! They had something for everyone. I checked out in the morning and they looked after my bags there for the day while I shopped down the street at the big Galleria mall (just a $1.50 bus ride away), until 6pm when I took their free shuttle back to the airport. The shuttle driver was really lovely. I whole heartedly recommend this hotel, it was so easy, especially being a younger solo female traveller, I felt very safe. It was everything I could've asked for during my lay-over at LAX.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
HIELAXHB, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Cockatoo Near LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

I don't know how to respond to your review, it was complete and detailed. I just want to thank you and I wish the title of you next review about us would be "A Wonderful Vacation in LA".

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I am always a little concerned when I read a motel is near the airport (noise, noise, noise). But this one had a central location only a few miles away from the airport and there was no noise at all in my room. The motel is in a quiet side street with no through traffic. The area is nothing fancy, but I felt safe on the street. My room was very large with a kitchenette (see fotos). It was clean, comfortable and had a great rate. Parking is in a gated garage (you get a code at the front desk to open it) beside the motel. I would definitely stay here again while in the LA area. I had no trouble visiting the Long Beach and Manhattan Beach area from there and also reached Santa Monica and Downtown LA in an acceptable time. Over the last 10 year I stayed at several different locations in and around LA (Hollywood - living hell, cheap, dirty or totally overpriced; near downtown - loud, old, overpriced; Ontario and Riverside - okay, nice motels, but too far away). So this stay was really one of my better ones in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Voyager2190

Thank you for your wonderful review. There are definitely lots of activities you can do in Los Angeles area so why don't you stay with us longer next time and visit new places. Manhattan Beach, Santa Monica Beach, Venice Beach and Redondo Beach are wonderful in summer. You can also ask about tours of Los Angeles, there are plenty of options available for you like Disney Land, Universal Studio, Hollywood, Getty Museum, Griffith Observatory and more. Looking forward to your reservation.