“Healthy Gem in Hawthorne” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hummus House

Hummus House
Ranked #3 of 124 Restaurants in Hawthorne
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
El Segundo, California
“Healthy Gem in Hawthorne”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

If you like Mediterranean fare, look no further. This is one of my favorite restaurants and consistently serves high quality, tasty food. The staff is very friendly, the decor in the front room is beautiful, but go here for the food. The kabobs are great and the shwarma is special. I love the rice and it has the best tabouli salad ever. The lamb shank is to die for. Try the specials. This chef is really talented. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

SoCal
“Surprise find in Hawthorne”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were in Hawthorne to visit their most famous tenant housed at Rocket Road and came across this restaurant on my local restaurant finder. Three of us ordered different meals (Chicken shawarma, Lamb shawarma, Chicken/Lamb kabob combo) and a Falafel plate. All three items were excellent - I thought my kabobs were among the top 3 I have eaten. Service was fine, place can use a decor update but we really didn't care as the food as so good and we just needed to kill an hour.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Monrovia, Liberia
“great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Could be cleaner. Needs update. Great location. Prices are reasonable. Recommend to everyone! Try their hummus plate.

Visited April 2014
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“INTERESTING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

the restaurant was referred to me by a clerk at the hotel not to far from here. the food selection was interesting and very good. i know i will come back and visit next time i am in the area.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank inandouttravler
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Intriguing & Inviting Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

We arrived near closing time but were treated like royalty. If you want authentic Mediterranean cuisine with an amazing taste for bargain prices - this is the place.
My wife had the beef & lamb kabobs with house salad & artichoke hummus - it was fresh, tasty & incredibly seasoned. The salad was the right mix of the best of various greens with a tangy house dressing. Yummy!
I had the pita vegetarian wrap. It was the perfect combination of ingredients.
I wanted to try one of their delicious looking baklava treats - but was so content with the delicious & intriguing meal that I had to resist. Maybe next visit.
My only concern is the restaurant's appearance. It's somewhat dated and would benefit from an upgrade.