Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Hawthorne
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice and decent”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I spent two nights there and it was a good experience. the hotel is 10 minutes form the airport and they have shuttle every 1/2 hours, so it's convenient and for the price, you can not ask for more...
Rooms are nice, clean and very well insulated so you do not hear what's going on on the room besides you...
I like it and I will come back...
Would it be great if they improve a little more the breakfast with more fruits and natural foods... but so far it's ok.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. And that you were able to take advantage of the amenities and that you enjoyed your room. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly for any future reservations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kingstown, St. Vincent
Reviewed November 12, 2013

i stayed here for 4 nights on a weekend thought it was close to the airport so what the hell right, well to my surprise the hotel was just perfect for what i wanted.
Close to the airport, nearby restaurants and main highways.
the moment i steped in i got a good welcome, and a large room, perfect for my stay.
Full breakfast in the morning is always welcome be sure to go there before 7 30 am as it does get crowded.
laundry on site is good and usually not occupied so for me at least i got thru fast.
shuttle service runs well and the guys really do take care of u ,
if in la for a few days this is theperfect place for you.

Room Tip: ask for the corner rooms they are large and spacious.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you for such a great review on your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn LAX Hawthorne. I could not have said it better this is the perfect place to stay during your stay In L.A. We are glad you truly enjoyed your stay with us and you were able to take advantage of all our amenities offered. We hope you continue to stay with us and please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly for any future reservations.
Leesville, South Carolina
Reviewed November 12, 2013

parking is in a garage in the rear. I think they share it with others. You have to go to the desk before you park. The parking was confusing. I feel like it cost me some time. There are places to walk to. Now that I have it figured out, I suppose I would stay here again. Just don't like the parking.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Samuel C,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you would be staying with us again. Reason being why you need to check in first before parking it is because we offer secured parking which at check in time we give you a code to access the parking structure I do apologize if it seemed like a little hassle, but we are glad you enjoyed your overall stay. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly on your next visit to L.A.
Kuwait
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We landed at LAX after a long 23 hour trip from the Middle East needing a hot shower and a comfy bed. We had to call the hotel from the arrivals hall but there isn't a courtesy phone so ensure you have the number and the means to call to hand - pay-phones are available in the arrivals hall.

The Airport was very busy and the area outside the arrivals hall was mayhem with cars, buses, car parking shuttles, hotel shuttles and people everywhere. There seemed to be gridlock and it took around 25 minutes for the hotel shuttle to battle through. When it did arrive, the driver was excellent, very apologetic and he tried his best to ensure no one was left on the curb as we passed the various stops along the terminals. He had set off immediately we called, but LAX is just VERY badly organized and there didn't seem to be any control over the traffic.

The hotel is around 4 miles from the airport on Hawthorne Boulevard/West Imperial Avenue (do not confuse with the HI Express on Airport Boulevard) - It's next to a Candlewood Suites and a new Hampton Inn is being constructed across the street but there isn't a lot of facilities around, so come prepared.

The hotel itself was very nice. Friendly reception staff, clean and quiet. Coffee was available in the lobby and breakfast, internet included. We booked a 1 King bed suite, which had a small fridge and microwave and the room was in good condition for an airport hotel - clean, large room, clean bathroom and best of all the hotel is totally non smoking.

The internet worked well, breakfast was good and included a couple of hot choices (enjoyed the biscuits and gravy) and we asked for a wake-up call which came exactly on time. Remember to book your shuttle back to the airport (we were reminded to do this when we checked in the night before).

Overall we would recommend this hotel as a good place for an airport stopover and it delivered everything we needed, including the hot shower and the comfy bed!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Holiday Inn LAX Hawthorne. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. And you were able to take advantage of our amenities and our Hot Continental breakfast. We hope you continue to stay with us on your next visit to L.A please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly for any future reservations.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel has a lot of things going for it-- 3miles from LAX, gas station, chain restaurants nearby, not to far from Metro station stop.

We stayed here after a trip from Asia and were just happy to be out of the air and settled. We waited a long time (almost an hour) for the shuttle driver (I believe he has to service 4 hotels), still I would have appreciated an update. In fact, all front desk staff didn’t seem to want to engage as if good service was a bother.

The exercise room was fine, rooms were fairly appointed, towels/linens were clean if not white/fresh. Breakfast was fine, however seating was limited, so get there early.

The area around this hotel does not feel safe after dark, what kind of area is it? For example, the nearby gas station attendant is completely behind security glass.

I’ve stayed in several HIEs, and this one is a middle of the pack. The rate was around $105, fine for one night LAX stay. I would stay here again, but it would not be my first choice. This hotel could easily be 5 star, but considering service and amenities, it’s a solid 3.

Room Tip: Be sure you get the hotel's phone number to contact the shuttle when you arive at LAX .
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on your recent stay at Holiday Inn LAX Hawthorne. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Here at Holiday Inn & Suites LAX Hawthorne we are always looking for new ways to improve our services and we assure you we will take notes and find a way to better our services again thank you for your valuable opinion. If you were to reconsider staying with us please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly.
Moorestown, New Jersey
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night on October 30, 2013 and was very disappointed. I had stayed at this hotel last year and was relatively happy there so came back again. What a mistake.

As a priority club platinum member they upgraded me to a suite which was nice. However, they were painting the door frames of a lot of the rooms on my floor including the rooms on both sides of my room which was not welcome. After settling into my room which appeared nice and clean, I went out and grabbed some food since I had a lot of work I needed to complete that evening. After returning with my food, I sat down and ate. When I went to grab a napkin from the cabinet, I noticed little ants crawling around the microwave, the sink, and the refrigerator. It was gross. There weren't one or two ants but rather at least 25 - 50 ants, and they were crawling around the back of the microwave and crawling up from under the counter.

Obviously upon noticing this, I went downstairs to notify the front desk, and asked to be changed to a different room. While one gentleman helped another customer, the second representative Neydi walked around completely ignoring me for at least 5 minutes while she basically walked around in circles. Then she finally acknowledged me, and when I explained the situation to her, she then said the other gentleman who was once again helping another customer would need to assist me. Thus I had to wait another 5 -10 minutes for this other gentleman to assist me. He was nice enough to move me to a room on the second floor, but upon inspecting this room there was a dead ant right in front of the microwave. Obviously not knowing whether it had just died because the room had been exterminated or whether the cleaning people just missed the dead ant, I went back to the front desk and asked when the room had been fumigated. They couldn't tell me a date and could only indicate that it had been fumigated within the previous month. As such, I asked to be moved to another room again, and this third room was finally pest free.

What makes the situation even worse is that there was no manager on duty, nor could they call a manager to discuss the issues I was having. They told me the manager would be back the next day which is strange considering I arrived around 3:00 pm PST.

Just as frustrating, the complimentary breakfast the next morning was not up to par with the pancake machine needing a bag replaced, and the orange juice still not tasting correct.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
First and foremost I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I would like to sincerely apologize on behalf of the hotel for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. We are always looking for new ways to improve our services and this will definitely be looked into. Again I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. If you were to reconsider staying with us please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly. We will assure you the next stay with us would be flawless.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I recently stayed here for one night after flying in from Paris. It is close enough to LAX that you dont have to drive too far which is great. The hotel is on a fairly busy street but the entrance is sheltered, sharing an open driveway area with Candlewood suites. The rooms are very spacious and bed was very comfortable. There is free continental breakfast available in the morning, the usual- cereals, bagels, cinnamon rolls etc. There is free parking in a shared parking garage with access code which is reassuring as the area the hotel is in is not great. It's safe enough by car but I wouldn't spend a lot of time walking about, but then who would in LA?!
If I was back in LA, I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a great review on your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you truly enjoyed your stay. We are conveniently located near main freeways and public transportation. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the property itself and the great amenities offered. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly for any future reservations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawthorne
LAX Area
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport
Westside
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
LAX Area
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Hilton Los Angeles Airport
#88 of 350 in Los Angeles

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne
Address: 11436 Hawthorne Blvd, Hawthorne, CA 90250-2312
Location: United States > California > Hawthorne
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Hawthorne
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne 2.5*
Our newly constructed 120 room hotel offers the fastest and most reliable free high speed Internet in the city! To help you stay fit our hotel features a 24 hour complimentary fitness center. Our state of the art meeting space can facilitate any of your business or social event needs. On the road with no laptop? Don’t worry; you can print directions to local attractions and your next boarding pass in our complimentary business center ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, IHG, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne