Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne
El Rancho Inn(Hawthorne)
$90
$75
Agoda.com
All reviewspancake machinecinnamon rollsfree breakfastbiscuits and gravyexpress breakfastcourtesy phonewould stay here againacross the streetfree parkingupgraded to a suiterental carbusiness centeryogurtlos angelesshort stayan early flightother hotels
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I recently stayed here for one night after flying in from Paris. It is close enough to LAX that you dont have to drive too far which is great. The hotel is on a fairly busy street but the entrance is sheltered, sharing an open driveway area with Candlewood suites. The rooms are very spacious and bed was very comfortable. There is free continental breakfast available in the morning, the usual- cereals, bagels, cinnamon rolls etc. There is free parking in a shared parking garage with access code which is reassuring as the area the hotel is in is not great. It's safe enough by car but I wouldn't spend a lot of time walking about, but then who would in LA?!
If I was back in LA, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you for such a great review on your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you truly enjoyed your stay. We are conveniently located near main freeways and public transportation. I am glad you were able to take advantage of the property itself and the great amenities offered. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly for any future reservations.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed with wife for one night on arrival at LAX from UK. We have often used H.I. Express but never this one before. It seemed the best bet for a late arrival with rental car and a quick getaway the next morning, and we still think this is the case.

Most things were as expected for this brand of hotel. Our room was spacious, well appointed and clean. Breakfast was average for HI Express (room not as large as needed at peak times!). Parking facility a little unusual - not quite onsite, secure gated multilevel shared with another hotel, around 100 metres from hotel entrance, across street but this was a no-outlet street with no traffic. Needed to stop outside lobby to unload car and then load on departure. Whole arrangement no problem, worked perfectly.

Problems? Yes, two:

(1) Bathroom sink waste - only the second time we have encountered this type, both in USA. No plug or apparent means of retaining water in sink. Silly idea, not useful and wasteful of water.

(2) Two of front desk staff were poor at communication in English, and moreover displayed a serious lack of training or understanding of hotel facilities:
- being foreign, we were somewhat concerned that we had misunderstood how to operate sink waste - mentioned above - so we queried it with front desk. Response was to send maintenance worker (who could understand and speak almost no English) to "repair" an evidently non-existent fault - he could only shake his head and laugh.
- trying to make long distance call, line apparently always busy, so queried with front desk. Initial response was to say that hotel does not provide direct access to outside lines in guest rooms! When queried, referred to another staff member and confirmed that - as I had suspected - our line had not been opened either before or on our check-in.

Finally, we had booked on phone from UK direct with hotel; email confirmation promised failed to arrive, so we called again next day (before leaving for LAX) to query, email address checked, email promised again, again failed to arrive. But booking was acknowledged on arrival, so OK.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators and ice machine and you will be fine - little traffic noise and no aircraft noise here
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

First and foremost I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize in behalf of the front desk as you may be aware we are opening a new hotel and we are training front desk staff so they are just learning the system/hotel but our front desk staff are always very professional and friendly/helpful to guest needs. As far as the email confirmation Tripadvisor is who sends you a hotel confirmation not the hotel I am sorry you had a hard time getting a confirmation from them. Again I do apologize you had to go through this but if you were to reconsider staying with us we were make sure your stay will be nothing but flawless. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly for any future reservations.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is not my first time staying at a Holiday inn and this have been my worst experience so far at a Hotel. Me and my girlfriend stayed here 5 nights, WiFi is awfully slow during the day, if you want decent speeds try at 3am. Room not so clean, everyday they forgot to clean something, first night i left a magazine on the floor next to the bed, it was there the next day in the very same spot. Free breakfast is a plus good selection but served in paper plates???? I recommend this hotel if you are staying here 1 night. I will not be staying at this location anymore.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Nestor S,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize for any short comings during your stay. I have reviewed these issues with my staff and rest assure that these matters will be looked into. If you were to reconsider staying with us please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

My family and I stayed one night in this hotel. It has great location and staff. The free gated garage is very convenience. The business center is very good, it allows you to print a pdf by using your own flash drive. Not as some other hotels they just block any external connections.

There is a gas station right beside the hotel. If you want to fill the tank before return your rental car. It is convenience. Hotel provide the free normal continental breakfast. No surprise but fresh.

We have a good stay in here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for such a short but sweet review on your stay with us at Holiday Inn& Suite - LAX Hawthorne. We hope you continue to stay with us on your visits to L.A. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly for any future reservations.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is a terrific place to stay if you will be traveling around the entire LA - OC area.
Easy to get to and, although on a main street, it is quietly situated away from traffic.
Spotless room, excellent service, decent breakfast, secure parking, all add up to a great stay at a great price.
Will definitely stay again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank cmasia
CHC-GR, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Angeles Airport Hawthorne, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for such a short but sweet review on your stay with us at Holiday Inn LAX-Hawthorne. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that the location was ideal. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly for any future reservations.