Best Western Los Alamitos Inn & Suites(Los Alamitos)(Great Value!)
$121
$107
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

$90
$110
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $122/night.

All reviewsbeds were comfortablewould stay againfridge and microwaveyogurtnice staystayed one nightlqbuenalbanaheimfreewaypetslotionlinenssoap
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Family visit. This Hotel is clean, quiet and accommodates to small Pets. The pet rooms were clean, no odors of any past animals visiting. Great "Free" Breakfast. Great location, close to the interstate. Restaurants and shopping and Casino are very close by. Will come back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gloria H
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this La Quinta for two nights during a recent trip to Disneyland. It's about 20 minutes away from the park as well as the John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana. Yes, Hawaiian Gardens isn't as beautiful as its name, but it wasn't a terrible area. If you drive down Carson Street toward Anaheim, the neighborhood gets quite a bit nicer within a few miles.

My favorite part of staying at this La Quinta was the hot breakfast. They had eggs, sausage, and potatoes as well as donuts, cereal, etc. It really was the nicest La Quinta breakfast I've ever had. The hotel was very quiet. We stayed on the 4th floor and slept well. The hotel itself is quite new and the rooms are well-equipped with a flat screen tv, fridge, and microwave.

The staff was friendly and welcoming. I would definitely stay at this La Quinta Inn & Suites again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brezi
A La Quinta traveler
Carson, California, USA
Reviewed August 31, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Located just off the freeway, this La Quinta is the nicest LQ I've stayed at.

The front desk staff and housekeeping staff were extremely friendly. The room was perfectly clean and all of the furniture and appliances were newer and in great condition.

One big plus I noticed was the extensive channel options with the DirecTV service. Probably the most channels offered than any other hotel I've stayed at.

Free WiFi and breakfast were also nice. The breakfast had your standard continental breakfast fare of cold cereal, pastries, fruit and bagels. They also have eggs, sausage patties and breakfast potatoes along with coffee, juice and milk.

There are plenty of dining options close by too as well as the Hawaiian Gardens Casino right down the street.

We will definitely stay here again next time we need a LQ near LA/Anaheim.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I don't like giving negative reviews but I feel it is important to communicate my experience so you can make an informed decision. However, please ensure you take all reviews into consideration when making your decision. Hopefully my experience was just a unique series of unfortunate events.

I'll start with the few positives. The hotel is in a very convenient location to Anaheim and other attraction cities. Only took us 15 minutes to get to the Disney parks. Free wi-fi and free parking are excellent amenities considering most hotels in the Anaheim area charge for both.

Rather than a traditional review, I'll summarize my exact experience and you can decide. I'll start by saying I stayed in a hotel room for 137 nights in 2012 so you can trust that I've experienced every type of hotel and should be considered well traveled. I'll also say that I've stayed in one other La Quinta in Florida and was amazed by how excellent the hotel was, especially for the price.

We made our reservation for this trip 3 months in advance and made it directly through La Quinta so no third party booking issues or excuses there. Our stay was in August 2013. My wife called the day before to make a special request for a top floor room since I am a light sleeper and they were very friendly and accommodating. My wife called again the morning of our arrival day to let them know we will be checking in very late (~11pm) and they said "no problem, we still have your information on file and your room request).

We arrived at 11:15pm and the front desk girl looked shocked to see us. She said she has checked everyone in on her arrivals list and was surprised to see us arrive with bags in tow. She then proceeded to tell us that she has no rooms left, even though she could see our 9 night reservation in the system as well as our room request. We were literally speechless. She didn't really offer an apology and, more importantly, didn't offer an explanation as to why we didn't have a room. Ultimately, she was the night shift girl and I doubt she was responsible so we didn't take it out on her. She called her manager at home who, reluctantly, offered a free night at a local motel. However, she called the local motel (and 7 other hotels) to find they were all sold out.

At that point, we had to spend over an hour in their business center trying to find a hotel at midnight and nobody had a room. We were really starting to worry that we would have to sleep in the tiny rental car in a bad, un-secure area. I'm a Hilton diamond member so I called their number and it took them a very long time to finally find us a room over an hour away for $55 more than the LaQuinta. We didn't care so we drove there and checked in at 1:40am for one "night" (~7 hours).

We returned to the LaQuinta the next day to finish our 8 night stay. No apologies at check-in or anything. Just a key card and we were on our way. As other reviewers stated, the floors, walls, and doors are made of balsa wood. I'm an extremely light sleeper and, through no fault of La Quinta, had an obnoxious neighbor that allowed me to get about 4 total hours of sleep over 3 nights.

I had enough and desperately needed to switch hotels. We asked to check out early and the girl had to call the manager again. The manager said "Sure, but we are cancelling your weekly rate and charging you the maximum nightly rate for the 3 nights you stayed with us". This worked out to be about $45 more per night. After much coercing, she agreed to give us the first night free which did not cancel out the night we had to drive 2 hours round trip (1/2 tank of gas) and the extra $45 we spent at the Hilton.

I guess I should mention that the room was pretty dirty upon check-in. The beds and pillows were very uncomfortable. The breakfast was absolutely atrocious. "Free hot breakfast" should not be advertised at this hotel until it is brought up to some kind of basic standard.

As I said, I hated writing this review but this was my experience and my wife and I were horribly affected on this otherwise wonderful vacation.

I certainly can't recommend this hotel to any of my friends and I will definitely never stay here again.

By the way, we have still not received an apology. All I've received is three email reminders asking me to take a survey. Naturally, I gave in and took the survey ;)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Michael P
lqinnhawaiiangardens, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites NE Long Beach/Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites Hawaiian Gardens for your recent stay in our area. I’m sorry that it didn’t work out.

• I am sorry that you were inconvenienced but I greatly appreciate your taking the time to give us a review. These reviews are one of our greatest tools in making sure that that the high standards which we have set for our establishment are being met.

• Management was approached about the possibility of their doing periodic inspections of the facility to see to it that it is meeting the standards which we set for it.

• Housekeeping was instructed to see to it that the rooms are properly supplied with necessary amenities before being released as ready for occupancy.

• Maintenance was informed of the problems you experienced and instructed to see to the necessary repairs and replacements.

• Staff will received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites Hawaiian Gardens. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.