“I can't talk about it.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites NE Long Beach/Cypress
South Haven, Minnesota
“I can't talk about it.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel is very clean, neat. Like the other reviewers mention, the walls are very (VERY) thin, so a sound night's sleep is hard to come by, but a small investment in a pair of ear plugs took care of it. The biggest problem we had with our stay was a service mishap between our 3rd party booker (Expedia) and the hotel. It was a such a nightmare I can't even talk about it. Long and short of it is, if you book through a 3rd party, confirm, confirm and over confirm.....both with the hotel directly once you make the reservation and again through the 3rd party booking agent. Seriously....take the time to do it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
lqinnhawaiiangardens, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites NE Long Beach/Cypress, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites Hawaiian Gardens for your recent stay in our area. I’m sorry that it didn’t work out.

• I am sorry that you were inconvenienced but I greatly appreciate your taking the time to give us a review. These reviews are one of our greatest tools in making sure that that the high standards which we have set for our establishment are being met.

• Management was approached about the possibility of their doing periodic inspections of the facility to see to it that it is meeting the standards which we set for it.

• Maintenance was informed of the problems you experienced and instructed to see to the necessary repairs and replacements.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites Hawaiian Gardens. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel, with a very good breakfast, and free parking. We enjoyed our stay. It is in between a lot of things to do, we made lots of day trips from here. It is conveniently located near highways.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Lifeisagr8adventure
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel was wonderful. It was clean and breakfast was ok but to small breakfast area. There was a mix up at check out was being overcharged but spoke to the manager and they saw the mistake and refunded my money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Dayboro, Australia
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for nearly 3 weeks (while we watched our daughter compete for Australia in the FIRS World Inline Hockey Championships).
As travellers on a very tight budget, we were very impressed with this hotel. Everything (except the washing machine and dryer - $1 each) was included - parking, breakfast, wifi, gym etc. The hotel still felt fairly new and was very clean and the rooms and bed very comfortable. Having the microwave and fridge in the room was good - although there were no utensils to prepare food outside of the coffee maker and cups. We were aware of this before we arrived, so we went equipped with a mini food preparation kit, so we could make and serve meals which we regularly took down to the spa area to eat.
My husband had to do a lot of work during our trip and the free wifi was great - it worked well everywhere - even in the spa area.
The location was good in so far as we could easily walk to the local shops for cheap supplies.
However, I don't know what public transport was like in this area, as we had a car.
The only negative comment would be about the breakfast, but given that it is free, it is hard to complain. My comment is that it has very limited choices available for gluten or dairy intolerant guests and the food available seems to be very highly processed with lots of high sugar items.

Room Tip: the door to the stairs bangs quite loudly and the lift rings an annoying bell when it arrives at eac...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heidi K
RED BLUFF
Reviewed July 23, 2013

First the general condition of the property is average and decent shopping and restaurants were nearby. It is not the best location, but it could have been worse. Upon check in I found the elevators did not work and I was given a room on the 4th floor, with no offer to assist with my bags. Then I went to use the vending machines and both the 1st and 3rd floors soda machine was empty.

Upon check out I found that they charged me more than my reservation had stated, and the staff told me that they cannot do anything about it. They said the manager will look into it. Well guess what, the manager never contacted me until I did the online survey sent by La Quinta. Only then did that person look into it and they emailed me saying that the reservation center said there was nothing they could do. I had and offered my printed reservation, but the manager told me that I had to contact the call center directly. Really? I travel often for business and have stayed at La Quinta before, and likely will use them in the future, just not this one. I have never had a hotel charge me more that the quoted rate until I stayed here and I stay in hotels a few times per month. Watch those final bills!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
lqinnhawaiiangardens, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites NE Long Beach/Cypress, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the elevator and instructed to see to the needed repairs.

• Staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Management was informed about the charges on your credit card.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hawaiian Gardens. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Rodeway Inn Cypress
Rodeway Inn Cypress
#6 of 8 in Cypress
HYATT house Cypress/Anaheim

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites NE Long Beach/Cypress? Share your experiences!