“rustic paradise”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Happy Camp
Klamath River Resort Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Happy Camp
Reviewed July 29, 2012

just returned from delightful time at klamath river resort inn. james and staff were friendly, helpful and looking to please. spent a wonderful six hours on rafting trip with james. passed hours comfortably beneath large shade trees just watching the river flow... is it an old fishing lodge? definitely yes... but for those seeking escape from a harried and busy world, it is paradise.. looking at pics of reviewers, perhaps vegas might have been a better destination...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Twelfth A
klamathr, Owner at Klamath River Resort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

Thank you for your kind and honest review. I feel our website accurately reflects the product we are offering - lots of photos etc. It amazes me when someone was expecting a grand 5 star resort ala Las Vegas out here in the wilderness with only a thousand people for 80 miles in all directions.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night in this place. It is neither an Inn nor a Resort. Our unit and our kitchen were run down and downright dirty. Except for the refrigerator, we were afraid to use anything in the kitchen. We have travelled all over the world and stayed in hundreds of hotels and this was our absolutely worst experience. By the way, we were the only guests in the entire hotel on a summer day in June 2012. Apparently, word has gotten out regarding the hotels current condition. Unfortunately, this hotel has great potential but needs major fix-up.

The only positive experience we had at the hotel was sitting under a shade tree while being 50 feet from the Klamath River and utilizing the free wireless network.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Overwhelming smell of PineSol. Slippery mold/mildrew in shower. No hot water pressure in shower. Second night put party of 4 in adjoining room(3 others available). Left kids alone, jumping on beds, hitting walls, loud noises until 11:00 p.m.
No microwave, go outside in cold. Frig ran all night.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that children in the neighboring room were loud. Sorry they were next to you - only assuming that the other vacant rooms only had 1 king bed like your room. We do use strong environmentally friendly cleaners that are biodegradeable and contain no phosphorus etc to protect the delicate environment on the banks of the river where we are located. Because we are an old lodge we have to clean and scrub to overcome some peoples perception that "old" is "not clean." If one checks in right after the maids clean or return back to the room immediatly it may have a strong hospital odor - but it dissipates... It does surprise me that the shower would be slippery mold/mildew as we scrub it daily with our cleaners. We chose a 2" tile with broken edges to give a "antique" look when we remodeled the showers - we should have stuck to straight edges as some people see squiggly grout lines and confuse it with dirt. Glad you still found the lodge a value and the location was excellent - hope to host you again.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the Inn several times, including during winter storms. We intend to visit on every vacation they are open. If/When the Inn is sold, we will miss James Buchner, and can only hope new owners will care as much about making sure customers have the best visit possible. Rustic it is, and rustic we love, but with free wi-fi you're still able to stay in touch with the outside world. No room we have used has ever been dirty. Housekeeping is done daily. Need something? Ask. They will provide anything that is reasonable. And daily sights like osprey, bald eagles, bears, deer, foxes.... the list goes on and on! We're going back in a few weeks. See you there!

Room Tip: Of course, the Herbert Hoover Suite is the best, but all are good.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karen E

Thank you for your very kind review. You would have loved this past week as we had 3 feet of snow and were snowed in for a very white Christmas.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

My boyfriend & I planned a 7 night Northern California camping trip to celebrate his 37th birthday. For our 5th night of camping we chose the Klamath River Resort Inn for it's kayaking, remote location (less touristy), affordability and to be able to camp right on a river!

We were not disappointed. The owner/manager was warm/welcoming and extremely accommodating. He made sure we had the experience we were seeking.

As soon as we arrived we did the last kayak trip of the day. It was perfect! Completely quiet,..no one else around,..complete serenity,..it was exactly what we were looking for.

We then set up our tent down by the river and enjoyed a nice BBQ steak dinner under the stars and fell asleep to the sound of the river.

The owner gave us a great deal on a tent site plus a room so we also got to have a nice hot shower before making our way to our next camping destination.

The rooms are simple, clean and comfortable each with a view of the river. This is a quaint historic hotel,..no frills but tons of charm, beautiful nature and a real sense of California history,.. which we loved!

We had a great experience and hope to go back.

We would recommend highly for folks who are looking for a place that is beautiful & quiet,.. where they can enjoy nature(kayaking, fishing, swimming, hiking, or just sitting and reading a book in the shade by a river),.. but while still having basic luxuries nearby i.e. bed, hot shower, TV, market, etc AND is very affordable.

Happy travels.
M.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KaliRey

Thanks for the great and honest review. Hope to have you back again soon for more peace and serenity.

Reviewed May 15, 2011

After several hundred wonderful miles touring on my motorcycle I arrived late in the day. Wow, a great setting on the river and very quiet. With only two cars in the parking lot I thought I had found paradise! So far so good, my expectations had been exceeded.

What followed still has me shaking my head... When I checked in the grounds keeper advised me that two young men were staying at the motel and that they were having visitors from town. He assured me it wouldn't be a problem however.

Turned out there were 8 visitors ages 17 to 20. The sunset and beauty of the river were over powered by 10 young men and girls; their profanity, chain smoking and music were ever present and impossible to ignore just 3 doors away. Had the party been in their room it might not have been so bad but instead they spent the evening on our shared porch.

After several calls to the office the noise finally ended at 10:00. My Happy Camp experience ruined, I say shame on the owner for allowing his inn to become the local teenage hang out.

When I made the reservation I mentioned I was seeking a quiet environment, the owner assured me that he understood. Obviously he wasn’t listening, didn’t care or perhaps both.

The room was ok for the price; worn (to say the least) but clean. The towels were new and the bed adequate.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank EFW333
Reviewed February 14, 2011

the place was clean / quite / management very friendly , helpful

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your very nice review - short, sweet, and to the point.

Been to Klamath River Resort Inn? Share your experiences!