“Gross. That is all...”

Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Fort Worth, Texas
“Gross. That is all...”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The reviews of this place make it sound really good, which is odd because it isn't. In fact, it's horrible. The beans are dried out an crusty, the cheese was barely melted on my burrito. And we had poor service like another previous reviewer said. I too got the feeling it was because we are white. Our waitress chatted with a Hispanic family in Spanish and barely smiled at us. Which doesn't hurt my feelings at all, I just thought I would let it be known we had a similiar experience. Won't go back. There are plenty of restaurants in Hanford/lemoore area to get goo Mexican. Cleaner ones too. This place just give an "ick" feeling. Like you leave feeling dirty and want to take a shower....

1 Thank JameeJHD08

Cross Junction, Virginia
“El Tarasco a good 'bite' in the valley”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

There are 4 El Tarasco's in the lower Central Valley in California, and we ate at two of them while there between Thanksgiving and Christmas. One translation is 'the bite' - and you can get more than a good bite here. Both of the T's we ate at were on main streets in these small valley towns where the downtown is still alive - Hanford was really buzzing on a weeknight.

My wife and I did not experience any discomfort or feel out of place as one reviewer did, and certainly not ignored or treated anything less than very well by the staff, who were efficient and personable. While my wife speaks Spanish, we did not feel the need here, and we are both anglos. Also in regards to another review, it is not chrome and steel, but both spots were clean, so I hope and believe their experience was unusual.

There is nothing bland about the homemade chips and salsa (including salsa verde) and the fish dishes were very good, including the bass relleno and the fish tacos. The dishes did not suffer from overwhelming globs of cheese and the flavors were distinct. The refried beans were still not as good as Mexico, but haven't found really good beans outside of Mexico. We did not even know it was a chain until looking for a good meal a few nights later in Visalia, and it did not suffer at all from the blahs found in many local chains as they grow. Round it off with a couple light sopapillas without a trace of grease.

• Visited December 2011
“Love it!!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

I was just going through the reviews and felt the need to tell the readers to disregard the "racist" review. I am white and have been to that restaurant multiple times with multiple people. I have never gotten a weird feeling, and the server probably never refilled their drink because they wanted those people out of the restaurant, not because they were white but probably because they were snobby. I've worked in restaurants for many years. I enjoy eating on their outdoor patio. Hanford has only two other restaurants with outdoor patios. They always accommodate me and let me eat there even when there isn't a server in that area. And their enfrijolada dish is amazing!!

Calif
“Great Mexican food”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We love this restaurant. Great margaritas too. Great salsa and chips!!!
Nice Mexican decor! The food is great!

Visited May 2012
Kyle, Texas
“Good Mexican”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The only dislike was the service was a bit slow. The menu was large and the food was very good. They were very busy for a weekday night which means the locals like the place. Good downtown restaurant.

Visited May 2012