“Oh, the Heartburn!”

The Chicken Shack
Ranked #19 of 135 Restaurants in Hanford
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 week ago

I don't understand the hype behind the buffalo fries. They are super salty, and give someone like me raging heartburn. Waited close to twenty minutes for an order, but I wasn't upset by it because it was clear that there was only one person in the kitchen and one up front ringing up customers (totally understandable). My sister loves this place, so I am sure I'll be trying other dishes soon!

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

I wasn't too impressed with this place. I'm a huge wing fan. I like the wings at BWW just not their season service and same goes for Wing Stop.

I had a #2 combo which consists of 6 Wings fries and small drink. I had mine tossed in the normal buffalo sauce. The wing was breaded which kind of makes you think they use store bought wings and just fry them there. They tasted like I had made them at home with freezer stored wings. The fries were good and very well seasoned.

Service wasn't too bad at all much better than you would get at Wing Stop or BWW for sure.

I may still come back to give them another shot just because of the level of service.

Can't forget they do have several TVs perfect for football

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

I made an emergency u turn when I saw the Chicken Shack truck on the side of the road in Visalia!!! I was traveling from the Redding area where we eat at our local Chicken Shack a few times a week------we love those chicken fingers-----and I think that I may be addicted to the honey habanero sauce .....LOVE IT!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

Large chicken "fingers" with lots of sauce choices. Beer in tap & in a bottle. 5 TVs with the games on. Walk up to the counter & order, then they bring your order to the table. Friendly service. A perfect place to go "after the game."

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed June 16, 2016

If you're craving chicken, stop here!

Many different types of big meaty chicken wings with great side dishes.

The chicken strips are off the best

You can get a large tray with a mix of chicken and side dishes that will feed the whole family.

Date of visit: November 2015