“Horrible odors!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Hanford
Yucaipa, CA
“Horrible odors!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

After reading the reviews about this place, I believed that others were just disgruntled because they were unhappy about something that wasn't perfect. I WAS WRONG!!

I booked two nights for a business trip, but could only stomach one night. The smell in the lobby was bad enough, but the room literally smelled like raw sewage - or worse! I cancelled my second night and drove nearly 20 miles to find my room. Never again will I stay in this place!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Caldwell, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

Looks great from the outside, however the lobby smelled terrible, the room was stinky, too. The bathroom was weird and NOT clean. The carpet was damp. I was told these are the same owners as a Motel 6 down the road that had Spiderman sheets on the bed (my dad had the unfortunate experience of staying there!) We exhibited at the World Ag Expo in Tulare and had a hard time finding rooms; I'd rather be farther from the show then stay here!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Hanford hotels

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

From the bad reviews we expected the Super 8 to be grotty, but were thrilled to find it squeaky clean and new. Stayed 4 nights. Everything worked except the big ice machine, and the staff brought in ice and put it in a cooler in the lobby for everyone. Bed was comfy, room was the same. Staff was VERY friendly and responsive. I have got to believe that all of the lousy reviews are before renovation, or are falsely posted by competing motels. We plan to stay here again in April 2011 when we visit Hanford.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Tujunga, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

We had a very pleasant stay here. I reserved a queen bed in advance but when we arrived I found we were scheduled to be on the second floor. When I requested the ground floor I got a King bed with no extra charge. The ice machine was broken but plenty of ice was provided at the front desk. Included breakfast was cereal, milk, bread, waffles, Orange juice drink, coffee, tea, sweet rolls and muffins. The staff was very friendly and recommended a wonderful restaurant. The AC worked well and provided a nice white noise which kept us from hearing any other guests. Will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Milano
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

This Super 8 could seem regular from the outside. But as you look closer you'll find vomit stink on the stairs, where a black bug was resting in peace... bulky furniture (plastic still on the mattress), noisy air conditioning, no isolation from noise... An experience i wouldn't recommend my worst enemy.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

I chose this hotel because I wanted to save a bit of money but I have learned my lesson. I do realize that you get what you pay for so I was not expecting much from this hotel stay but it was not even worth the $55/night. When I entered the lobby I was greeted not by a person but by an unpleasant stench of what was probably the smell of curry/indian food. I waited in the hot lobby with no a/c for about 6 minutes ringing the bell for someone to come. After convincing the lady who arrived that I had a reservation already, she asked for my card and charged me for the stay in advance. Because I'm usually not charged until after the stay I asked her if my card was charged or if it was being held, and i don't know if she didn't understand my question or I didn't understand her answer but either way she told me to come back later when her son was home so he could explain to me in english. At that point I left. I opened the room door and it smelled horrible! I had to leave the door open for about an hour at which point I left to go to the store and I bought febreeze. The carpet was filthy, the bedspread did not look clean, there was only 2 pillows on a king size bed that were flat, there was no internet, there was no remote, the toilet was old and looked so bad I couldn't bring myself to sit on, there was outlet box with exposed wires in the bathroom, and stuff was written on the back of the bathroom door. The next morning, although there was a do not disturb sign on the door, the same lady who checked me in knocked on the door, and as my bf yelled no thanks we don't need housekeeping she continued to knock. So, although we were in the middle of a "do not disturb" he got out of bed answered the door and had to convince her that we did not check out until the next day. How rude? So in conclusion do not stay here, spend a little more money to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chante_moniq
ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

We stayed at this hotel the night before going to the World Ag Expo in Tulare. The room was clean with very modest decor. We had a king sized bed which was very comfy. The free wireless was supposedly down expcept for in the lobby, but I thought I would try it from my room anyway. Although I lost the signal a couple times, I was able to connect to the wireless on my computer from my room. There was a refrigerator and microwave, but we did not use either. Everything else (heat, plumbing, tv, lights) were working fine. The free breakfast was VERY basic. Two kinds of cereal and a few package muffins was all. I'd say a little over priced for the what we got, but at least everything was clean and functional for the most part. What impressed me most was that the hotel appeared to be run by a very hard working husband and wife. They were there late at night when we checked in and the wife was at the desk at 6am when we were there for breakfast. Later when I checked out, the husband was at the desk and the wife was cleaning rooms. I was totally impressed with their work ethic.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanford
Sequoia Inn
Hampton Inn Visalia
Hampton Inn Visalia
#1 of 13 in Visalia
4.5 of 5 stars 607 reviews

Been to Americas Best Value Inn- Hanford? Share your experiences!