“A very nice hotel except for an extra charge to avoid”

Comfort Inn Hanford
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Hanford
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn twice and have found it to be very comfortable, in a very nice city location. The problem to be aware of is when you check in they say a $10 fee will be added for use of the room safe. Even with us saying we would not use the safe, they said to mention it when we checked out and the $10 will not be added. Only on the last visit did we mentioned it and the $10 was not charged, just be sure you are not charged!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sheila S

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Traveling from Northern California to LA and wanted to stop and break the trip up. What a wonderful find. Clean room, great location. Kids enjoyed the pool. Continental breakfast in the morning was sufficient for entire family and even had outside seating. It's off the beaten track but well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JDnCA
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Okay - it's a Comfort Inn so you are getting the basics. But the staff was very friendly and the room was very comfortable. Also the bed and pillows were really comfy! We got a terrific nights sleep prior to a 6 am train trip!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I spent one night last week for a business meeting in Hanford. I didn't have a car as I like to travel green and took Amtrak (it was an easy walk from the train). The young woman who greeted me in the early evening when I checked in was very friendly and professional answering my queries about where to eat. The next morning I had a hard time reaching a taxi service by phone to take me to my meeting and the Manager at the front desk not only gave me a delicious bag of local grapes, she asked the groundskeeper to drive me to my meeting, which he very graciously did, in his personal car!!! As I waited to leave for my meeting I noted that the Manager (sorry I cannot remember her name) greeted each person who walked through the door with a smile and a good morning as they passed by to attend a meeting at the Inn. As she checked out, a woman turned to me and said
"The people here are always nice".

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank namastegirl
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Just came upon this motel driving away from Sequoia NP heading to San Francisco. Very friendly front desk young lady. She set us up with nice room and recomended a place for dinner which was great. Breakfast was very nice. Restful night and on our way refreshed.

Room Tip: RR on the back side but we never heard it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stopped over for one night to allow us to explore the restored downtown. Hanford has invested a lot in preserving its historic downtown and the buildings and streets give a sense of a past time - including diners and restaurants and some beautiful public buildings. We walked around one afternoon and evening and did not feel we needed any longer.
Comfort Inn was compfortable with a small pool and hot tub and parge comfortable rooms. Not the cheapest option but not too expensive. We thought good value given the good continental breakfast provided.

Room Tip: We were told a gym was available but spent too much time in the hot tub!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Instep
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I was born in Hanford and did not expect a 4-star hotel in this dairyland from my memories. We returned for my grandmothers funeral, The comfort Inn supplied a meeting room with refreshments for our grieving family. I was very touched by the respect and care they extended while still caring for the military families that were coming and going as well. The family enjoyed our stay and since my grandmother's maiden name was "Comfort". Where else would we go??? I read another review and Agree "The Superior Dairy" is a wonderful trip to the 1960's, just like when I rode my Trike there.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and the view down main st (Irwin) was a delight.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Danny E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanford
Sequoia Inn
Best Western Inn & Suites Lemoore
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#4 of 8 in Hanford

Been to Comfort Inn Hanford? Share your experiences!