“Great for exploring downtown”

Comfort Inn Hanford
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Hanford
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Great for exploring downtown”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stopped over for one night to allow us to explore the restored downtown. Hanford has invested a lot in preserving its historic downtown and the buildings and streets give a sense of a past time - including diners and restaurants and some beautiful public buildings. We walked around one afternoon and evening and did not feel we needed any longer.
Comfort Inn was compfortable with a small pool and hot tub and parge comfortable rooms. Not the cheapest option but not too expensive. We thought good value given the good continental breakfast provided.

Room Tip: We were told a gym was available but spent too much time in the hot tub!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Instep

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Morrow, Georgia
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I was born in Hanford and did not expect a 4-star hotel in this dairyland from my memories. We returned for my grandmothers funeral, The comfort Inn supplied a meeting room with refreshments for our grieving family. I was very touched by the respect and care they extended while still caring for the military families that were coming and going as well. The family enjoyed our stay and since my grandmother's maiden name was "Comfort". Where else would we go??? I read another review and Agree "The Superior Dairy" is a wonderful trip to the 1960's, just like when I rode my Trike there.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and the view down main st (Irwin) was a delight.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Danny E
Aptos, California
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Never having visited Hanford before we were very pleased with the lovely room we were assigned. Very well maintained and updated. The staff at sign in were very friendly and helpful with restaurant suggestions. After a room next door got roudy for several hours one phone call to the front desk and the noise was immediately stopped. Very nice breakfast included in price. Eggs, bacon, waffles, juices, the list goes on.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank margiesmemories
Lemoore, Ca
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel is the one I put my parents up in when they come out to visit. It is at the end of historic downtown Hanford, a beautiful place in and of itself. The staff is always friendly and courteous. The rooms are spectacular and clean. The best part about this hotel is the breakfast! They serve a really good hot breakfast, I mean a breakfast you could actually get up from the table and say, "I just ate me some breakfast" breakfast. The pool is sort of small but adequate enough and they have added a fitness room and a conference room if the need arises. I would recommend this to any of my friends and family.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MheathCa
Sacto
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I was greeted by cockroaches on the sidewalk and should have taken that as a warning.  Instead, I woke up in the middle of the night to find a dead cockroach on the bathroom floor.  So much for a good night's sleep!  Needless to say, I DID NOT eat breakfast there.  Instead, I went to my car and found the passenger window smashed, glass all over, my computer, camera, and iPod stolen.  I spent the next two hours waiting for the police and the next 24 hours arranging for a new window and insurance claims. SAYING I WON'T BE RETURNING IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT.  I had reservations for two nights but was so disgusted, I checked out early and got a room at the Holiday Inn in Visalia.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank ottbian
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 24, 2011

It was very pleasing to the eye when I entered hotel lobby. Pool area & jacuzzi was nice. Service was a plus. I enjoyed Maria at the front counter, she went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed there. Even the rollaway bed we asked for! She literally brought it to our hotel room when it was supposed to have been brought up by another staff member, earlier in the day. When no one was there to send upstairs, she took the rollaway bed by herself to our room! Now that is A -ONE Customer Service in my eyes!!! Rooms were great, beds very comfortable!! I really enjoyed the whole stay here!! I would recommend to others and will use myself when I go back to Hanford!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Firstly, it's Hanford - don't expect 5 stars anywhere in Hanford. Now that expectations are reset, the Comfort Inn was a delightful Inn - a good place to spend a night or 2. Get out and about if you want to make the best of this town. Superior Dairy is a "MUST NOT MISS" LOCATION

Back to the Comfort Inn. Unfortunately it is close to the rail line - but that line it's not overly active - only a couple of times a week apparently. The main line is much further away - but you don't really notice the trains going past too much (double glazing, good dampening).

The room was reasonably clean, bed was comfy and the bathroom had every imaginable toiletry (which we used...). The reception hand up & down service - but it was 24 hour - and that was nice (although we didn't really use it). I would love to give this 5 stars - and it did beat our expectations on this place. 5 Stars would have been awarded to this place is the Breakfast was better. It was lousy - but then we had just started to learn what "American Food" was all about - preserved, long life & artificial. This place seems to continue that trend with crappy Waffles. So - improve the Breakfast & this place would have got 5 stars.

With all the things that you could complain about in Hanford (Sulfur in water, Arsenic levels in water supply etc) - Comfort Inn has been great (the whole hotel has a surfur filter) and the town has been working towards safer levels (re arsenic).

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SoreLegs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanford
Sequoia Inn
#5 of 6 in Lemoore
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 14 in Visalia

Been to Comfort Inn Hanford? Share your experiences!