“Not good!” 1 of 5 stars

Irwin Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hanford B&B and Inns
“Not good!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had dinner and stayed in the hotel Dec. 2011, dinner with the kids now adults was 1/2 hour of waiting then another hour before we all 6 had our order, the service was disconnected and forgetful, even though we had the place to ourselves, one of our party became ill on his food. Then we were shown our room poorley lit very cold, not clean, spiders in the tub and all the corners, managment tried for an hour to get the heat to work then brought a box heater and left for the night, we found out the next day the heat has been broken for years and they had put on an act for us, pretending no heat was a new development. The wind was blowing in Hanford, and the wind passing through our room made a whistle that could have been a soundtrack for a movie about a polar expedition gone wrong, even with the box heater we "slept" in our jackets and clothes watching our breath in the frosty darkness. Morning came early and the promise of warmth in the sunlight creeping through every crack in the woodwork did more to expose the creatures whose dwelling we had invaded than to provide any warmth or comfort. We had the managers called to the location, he arrived in shorts gold chain and a sports jersey yet I knew he was no athalete, and began to sidestep and shuffle his way into calling me later to make it right, its been over a year.... I gave my word I would provide Irwin Street Inn with a review, here it is, it is a dump, its managment should be ashamed of themselves, but they are not, beware!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lemoore, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The first room we we're given had mold growing on the tiles in the shower. The second room we were given was no improvement. The room smelt musty and the entire room was filthy. It didn't look like any one had cleaned it in a very long time because there was dust on everything. The comforter was old and crusty. The air conditioning barely worked. The worst part was when we went to go to bed. The sheets were disgusting. There was what seemed like fresh stains all over the sheets...they felt gritty on my skin. I really think the sheets hadn't been washed in between many customers. This place really has the potential to be a quaint inn however, under current management, it certainly is not. Steer clear and spend a little extra money somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank G1415

Travelers are raving about these Hanford hotels

Lake Arrowhead
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Liz Taylor said it best (ala "quoting" Bette Davis, in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf): WHAT a DUMP! We arrived in the afternoon in 107 degree heat and the first thing the asst. manager said was, "Oh, I guess I should have turned the air conditioning on for you". When we got to our room we found that it was filthy, seven light bulbs were burned out, the TV didn't work, there was a used bar of soap and an open shampoo bottle in the shower. At bedtime we discovered there was no top sheet. We called the manager who arrived in the room with a folded sheet and tossed it on the bed without an apology (so we had to make our own bed). It certainly appeared that the sheets weren't changed, and the bedspread was grungy and crusty. The exterior of the motel had the potential to be quite charming, but there was obviously a lot of deferred maintenance. The location was a positive. We later found out that we were the only guests other than a homeless lady who was allowed to stay there. GO ELSEWHERE.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Edward T
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Rooms dirty. No AC in two rooms. Had to move to a third room. No T V. No Internet working (owner claimed it worked but three of us couldn't get on). No telephone. An hour to get breakfast order served. Owner verbally and physically assaulted me when I complained the fourth time and wouldn't adjust bill and I finally called him an idiot running the worst place I'd ever stayed in. Not recommended. Went to the nearby comfort inn and was much happier

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Relliottmd
hanford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I love this hotel and make it a point to stop by there on a regular basis. The staff is amazing and always seem to have a friendly smile, the owner Frank is an amazing guy who would give the shirt off of his back to help someone in need. The rooms are quaint and exactly what you want from an hotel with this much history, if you ask the owner he will give you a tour and an entire history lesson about the grounds. Then there is the idiot General Manager that they hired recently named Gilbert, this man is horrible for this hotel. He is mean to the staff, he is mean to the guests, and he honestly should not be allowed to even step foot on the property let alone be a manager of anything. I honestly feel as though if the owner got a decent manager and not a useless piece of trash like Gilbert, then this place would easily become the place to stay in Hanford and even Kings County.

Room Tip: This hotel is quaint and older so you might want to ask for a room in the courtyard as the rooms the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cabanah2
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My review for the Irwin street inn well let's start with service in the dining area it sure needs a lot of work they walk around with no drive or smiles but the food is perfect my wife an I got a chance to meet this great GM he had a great attitude twords the bussnies an my wife an I had a drink in the bar with him he even compted us a drink need less to say that's what made us stay longer will we come again yes we will as we understand he is family to the owner there is nothing more better then family running a business together Gilbert it was great meeting you an yes we will be back thank you the STRONGS

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank 4853
Mission Viejo, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Was it a five star hotel? No, not even close. But, it was okay. Granted, I was not there on a romantic weekend. I was there for an American Legion Riders Convention. The place could use a coat of paint, and the carpet in the room could stand to be changed. It is an old building, and it shows. Importnat for me: The sheets were clean, the water worked, the hot was WAY hot. My TV did not have a remote, and the volume was not very high, even when cranked all the way up, but I was not there to watch TV. The staff was great. I was greeted and checked in right away, the bartender, Trinity, was a friendly.

Room Tip: I had 324, it is right above the bar. Not an issue for me.... But, it is an old place, and if ther...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank JimSewell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hanford
Sequoia Inn
Hampton Inn Visalia
Hampton Inn Visalia
#1 of 13 in Visalia
4.5 of 5 stars 607 reviews

Been to Irwin Street Inn? Share your experiences!